• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pondering From Across the Atlantic

In summary, The fluted stoneware pan is not available in the UK, and the butter is just over 100grams (¼ lb?). 1 and ¼ cup is the equivalent of molasses in the UK and US. The us pint is 16 fluid oz.
georgiegirl
:confused:

Can anyone tell me why the fluted stoneware pan isn't available in the UK? Other posts say that the molten Lava Cake is super in it.

Any ideas why it isn’t in the catalogue or online at pampered chef co uk?

Also how much butter is in a stick? Is it just over 100grams (¼ lb?) roughly a half of a block of butter? And since you all seems to use cups, (I have a set). Do you pack it full, or just sort of loosely fill it? Or is a kin to table spoon e.g. raised and level type of thing

The other thing I am stuck with is when it says 1 1/4 cups very warm water for example; I would take to mean 1 and ¼. Am I reading this rightly or should it be ¼ only? This has also puzzled me for some time.

Also what would the UK equivalent of Molasses? Black treacle, Golden syrup or it is a type of sugar? E.g. Dark brown sugar.

And one more thing: How many fluid oz is there in a us pint? As the UK one is 20oz……..

I have taken an attempt at a few of your questions....I'm sure others will have answers for the others. Hopefully this helps. It's interesting how things can be so different!
georgiegirl said:
:confused:Can anyone tell me why the fluted stoneware pan isn't available in the UK? Other posts say that the molten Lava Cake is super in it.
Any ideas why it isn’t in the catalogue or online at pampered chef co uk?

*Sorry- can't help with this one!
Also how much butter is in a stick? Is it just over 100grams (¼ lb?) roughly a half of a block of butter? And since you all seems to use cups, (I have a set). Do you pack it full, or just sort of loosely fill it? Or is a kin to table spoon e.g. raised and level type of thing 1 stick of butter = ¼ lb
1 stick of butter = 1/2 cup
1 stick of butter = 8 tablespoons
1 stick of butter = 4 ounces
1 stick of butter = 113 grams .
The other thing I am stuck with is when it says 1 1/4 cups very warm water for example; I would take to mean 1 and ¼. Am I reading this rightly or should it be ¼ only? This has also puzzled me for some time. You are correct- it is 1 AND ¼ cup.Also what would the UK equivalent of Molasses? Black treacle, Golden syrup or it is a type of sugar? E.g. Dark brown sugar. Found this: "Black Treacle in the UK and molasses in the US are similar but there is a subtle difference in taste. "And one more thing: How many fluid oz is there in a us pint? As the UK one is 20oz……..A pint is 16 fluid oz.

Don't know why the fluted stone is unavailable, but the molten lava cake is delish in the Deep covered baker as well

jnsr96 said:
Don't know why the fluted stone is unavailable, but the molten lava cake is delish in the Deep covered baker as well

You just don't flip it out of the pan like you do with the Fluted pan.

Thanks all, Will make a note of the differences. Sometimes it's most obivous things that you cant get your head round!

Related to Pondering From Across the Atlantic

1. What is "Pondering From Across the Atlantic"?

"Pondering From Across the Atlantic" is a blog written by a British expat living in the United States. It covers a variety of topics, including travel, culture, and lifestyle from the perspective of someone who has experienced both British and American cultures.

2. How often is the blog updated?

The blog is updated twice a week, typically on Mondays and Thursdays.

3. Can I submit a guest post for the blog?

Yes, the author of "Pondering From Across the Atlantic" welcomes guest posts from writers who have a unique perspective on British and American culture. Simply contact the author through the blog's contact page to discuss submitting a guest post.

4. Are there any discounts available for Pampered Chef products mentioned in the blog?

Unfortunately, there are no discounts specifically for products mentioned in the blog. However, you can browse current promotions and discounts on the Pampered Chef website or through your local consultant.

5. Can I request a specific topic to be covered in a future blog post?

Absolutely! The author is always open to suggestions and requests from readers. You can send your ideas through the blog's contact page or through social media channels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sallie_M
  • janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • AnnieBee