• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Modifying PDFs: What Software to Use?

In summary, Adobe Acrobat is a software that is used at work and is not proficient with. It is also very expensive. PitStop is a software that is better and is not as expensive.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
I would love to be able to modify pdf files. What software have you used and which ones do you like?

I use Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Standard at work. I am NOT proficient with it all, however, I fill in forms and add my name to HO flyers.

I checked out Adobe Acrobat but it is $299. Is it worth the price?

I wouldn't pay that for Standard (was that price for Standard or Pro?)- but that is just me.

I had it at work and was able to add things and do minor modifications with Acrobat Standard.

I now have Acrobat Pro at work and I think the editing capability is much better in Pro (compared to Standard) - but it is VERY flaky (I think).

When I was discussing this with a co-worker, he stated that he uses PitStop since it is better. I do not know anything about PitStop, but it sounds like you can edit pdfs.

I am not very up on all this, but with Standard, I was able to clip out graphics from pdfs. This was useful to grab pics of the recipes (but anyone on here would be happy to post pics). I was also able to add blocks of text to a pdf. This was useful to add my info to the Guest and Host Specials. But it is much cheaper to use a stamp/labels.

I was not able to REALLY edit a pdf and make it my own with Standard. If you want to make major changes to pdfs, Standard may not be enough.
JMO

Edit: Alomst forgot: Probably the biggest advantage to having a pay version of Acrobat is that you can CREATE your own pdfs (from Word, Excel, etc). But there are Free PDF Creators out there too.

Last edited:
I use CutePDF Writer to convert documents to PDF. You install it like a printer, but instead of printing on paper, you print to a PDF file. I have never used anything to edit a PDF file though, so I'm no help there!

Related to Modifying PDFs: What Software to Use?

1. What is the best software for modifying PDFs?

The best software for modifying PDFs depends on your specific needs and preferences. Some popular options include Adobe Acrobat, Nitro Pro, and PDFelement.

2. Can I edit text and images in a PDF using any software?

Yes, most PDF editing software allows you to edit both text and images within a PDF document.

3. Are there free options for modifying PDFs?

Yes, there are some free software options for modifying PDFs, such as PDFescape and Sejda PDF Editor. However, these may have limited features compared to paid software.

4. Can I convert a PDF to another file format using PDF modification software?

Many PDF modification software also offer conversion options, allowing you to convert a PDF to formats such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.

5. Is it possible to modify a password-protected PDF?

Yes, some PDF modification software offer the ability to remove or bypass password protection on a PDF document.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • irishjc820
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • WonderMonkey