• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aFew Business ?S for the Pros :-)

In summary, business cards can be made at home or bought from a store like Vista Print. Some use software like Print Master while others use programs like Publisher. Postcards can be used for anything from giving to guests at shows to sending thank yous. The more shows you do, the more money you have coming in and out of your account. Having a separate checking account is essential for record keeping.
jrb0328
Do you make your own business cards? What design software do you use if any? What office supplies do you feel are vital to your business?

As far as business cards... there are lots of variations, but I think a large majority make their own... the ones from Merrill are nice, but expensive. Some use Vista Print or other online printers and some make their own using Word or Publisher.

Be careful asking what office supplies are vital to a business... there are LOTS and LOTS of "office supply addicts" running around - myself included. To me, EVERYTHING in the entire Staples store is absolutely VITAL to my business... at least that is what I keep telling myself everytime I go in and spend too much money!

I am not a pro by any means but I will answer.

I get my business cards from www.vistaprint.com It is a lot cheaper than what it would cost me to do them at home. Most of the time they have specials going and you only pay shipping. You can do do post cards, flyers, tshirts and all kinds of things on their website. If you do a search on here, you will find many, many threads about them.

thanks for your replies

When I first started in the business I made my own using Print Master. They looked, nice but not as nice as the ones from Merrill. They are really nice and worth every penny you pay for them. Very professional.

what about postcards? i have seen many people talk about them being used. but what in particular would you use them for? does anyone have a sample that i see of a postcard?

I bought mine from Merrill and I just bought the HWC invites for a May party and they are very nice. Are you talking about the postcards in your started host kits? if so, those can be ordered on the PC website.
I, like Katie am a supply addict and a shopaholic, so everything is a neccesity to me :) My DH disagrees~ LOL

I used to make my own. I would put them on bright colored card stock paper hoping that it would help to catch people's eye. Last year Merrill had a sale so I bought 1000 for the price of 500.

The business cards from Merrill are so much more impressive than the ones from Vista.

Supplies I use:

colored paper for specials or invites (I buy a ream at a time of pink and blue)
Card stock (ream of yellow) - again for invites or things I want firm
scissors, tape staplers
Highlighters (bought a four pack for variety) so I can mark important stuff
For Deposit Only stamp with account number on it(from Vista)
Stamp with name/contact info (from Office Max-Merrills is too small to read)
Separate checking account for business
Calendar on wall and in bag so I can always know the day
Computer

Best Wishes....

does having the extra checking account really help?

The extra checking account is essential for record keeping. I am at a credit union so there is a $1 per month fee and it's linked to my main account for overdraft protection. It may not be worth it if it costs a lot more.

The more shows you do, the more money you have coming in and out of your account. It's crazy to keep up with that in addition to the mortgage, credit card, utilities, etc. I have it separate and I can see what I have made and spend it on something that I choose rather than it going into the eternal money pit of our general budget.

Oh: another essential tool is the phone. All the design software in the world won't get a booking but phone calls and personal contacts will....

jrb0328 said:
what about postcards? i have seen many people talk about them being used. but what in particular would you use them for? does anyone have a sample that i see of a postcard?

You can do anything with the postcards. I made some up with recipes on them with my info. Give them to each guest at your shows. They can stick them in their recipe box and they will think of me everytime they make the recipe.

You can also make some kind of host coaching postcard, if you like. Make one up that says "Don't forget to mail out your invitations" or any kind of incentive that you are doing. That would be a fun little thing for the host as a reminder. Another idea would be "Thank you for your order" and maybe put a good tip on it and send to your outside orders/catalog show guests.

That is just a few ideas, but I am sure if you thought about it, you could come up with some great ideas too. I LOVE using the postcards from Vista Print.

A phone headset!!!!

It makes calling customers much easier than holding the phone to your ear for an hour. I think you can get into the groove much easier when you have the headset on, and it leaves both hands free to do other things!

Related to aFew Business ?S for the Pros :-)

What are the benefits of joining Pampered Chef as a business consultant?

Joining Pampered Chef as a business consultant offers many benefits, including flexible work hours, the ability to work from home, potential for high earnings, and access to exclusive products and discounts. You will also have the opportunity to connect with a supportive community of like-minded individuals and receive training and resources to help grow your business.

What kind of training and support will I receive as a Pampered Chef business consultant?

As a Pampered Chef business consultant, you will receive comprehensive training and support to help you succeed. This includes access to online training materials, in-person training events, and one-on-one coaching from experienced consultants. Additionally, you will have access to a network of fellow consultants for support and guidance.

How much can I expect to earn as a Pampered Chef business consultant?

The amount you can earn as a Pampered Chef business consultant will depend on your individual efforts and sales. On average, consultants earn between $500-$1000 per month, but top earners can make significantly more. The more you sell and the more you grow your team, the higher your earnings potential.

What sets Pampered Chef apart from other direct sales companies?

Pampered Chef stands out from other direct sales companies due to its high-quality products, strong company values, and commitment to giving back to the community. Our products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable for our customers, and our consultants are encouraged to build genuine relationships with their clients rather than focusing solely on sales.

Do I need to have cooking or sales experience to become a Pampered Chef business consultant?

No, you do not need to have previous cooking or sales experience to become a Pampered Chef business consultant. We provide all the training and resources you need to succeed, and many of our top consultants come from a variety of backgrounds. However, a passion for cooking and a desire to help others is beneficial for success in this role.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Toni Monsen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • WestCoastPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tracy99