• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Midnight Alone: 28 Years of Marriage Ends

In summary, Ann is sad and lonely after her husband leaves her for someone else. She is grateful for the support she has received from her friends.
Psalm 27:13-14 (New International Version)
13 I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living. 14 Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.*********************Matt Redman - You Never Let Go
From the album Passion 06: Everything GloriousEven though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are nearAnd I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?Chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of meAnd I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earthChorus:Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

Ann, I woke up this morning thinking of you and Kacey, and shamefully feeling sorry for myself, when the song His Eye is On The Sparrow popped into my head. Just know that God is watching out for us, allows circumstances (does not make the bad things happen), and has a plan for each of us. May you be comforted and at the end know that God has provided a way for you to be stronger even though it doesn't seem like it at the time.

Why should I feel discouraged
And why should the shadows come
And why should my heart feel so lonely
And long for heaven and home
When Jesus is my portion
My constant friend is He
His eyes in on the sparrow
And I know he watches me

I sing because I'm happy
I sing beaause I'm free
His eye in on the sparrow
And I know he watches
And I know he watches
I know he watches me

I sing because I'm happy
I sing bcaause I'm free
His eye in on the sparrow
And I know he watches
And I know he watches
I know he watches me

I know he watches me

DebbieJ said:
Psalm 27:13-14 (New International Version)
les
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

Wow... thanks for posting this... I know it was for Ann but God is using it for me too and I suspect for many others! Thanks!

You're welcome, Diane. I went to a different church on Sunday to hear Keith and Kristyn Getty (my favorite singer/songwriters) and James Mac Donald was preaching. Talk about a powerful Sunday morning! He referenced those verses in his sermon and they really spoke to me. I'm glad they spoke to you too.

Ann, I hope you are doing well this morning, and Leslie, I'm here for you if you need a shoulder, just PM me.

Thanks for the verses and the songs, they are helping me a lot today, and I hope they are helping Ann as well. I prayed for you extensively last night and for your husband and his "friend"- that they would be convicted of their selfishness and sin...

Blessings to all!

Ann - I'm really sorry! Let me just tell you that it's the devil. It's not your husband! I know its really hard, but pray that God will show you what He wants you to learn while going through this. Pray that God will open his eyes and see the wrong he's committed.

And, forgive your husband. Keeping praying for him and speak the scriptures. Gods Word is reality! It IS the truth! Ask Him for faith. Ask Him for peace and then rest in His Word! Don't let the devil talk to you. When he does, just quote the scriptures right back at him!

Take care, Ann! I'm trusting God's hand is at work this very minute!

Ann F said:
It's midnight. Too late to call my family or friends. Pacing the floor. Thought of this site. Had to communicate to someone. I got home about 10:30 tonight from an out of state visit with my married children. I barely got in the house and my husband of 28 years said he's found someone else and wants a divorce. 28 years. 28 years! A friend--not close, but a friend. Younger. From church! I'm s'posed to work tomorrow...I sit down, get up, walk, sit down,...Can't think...

From the church you and DH attend together???:eek:

Yes, Katie.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words, prayers, songs, and scriptures. They have helped more than I ever thought they would or could.

So sorry Ann; I can't imagine what you're going through. {hugs}

I see you were up late again, Ann. Hope all is alright. Well obviously everything isn't alright, but I hope you are doing well.

Ann I am so sorry for you, I hope things get better for you. A friend of mine was told by her husband that he wanted a divorce that he didn't love her any more while on vacation in Florida. Another friend was told by her husband that he was in love with a co-worker on Mothers Day. I don't understand what both of these men were thinking. But both of them have moved on and are better now. It's a hard road but you can do it.

Ann,

Just saw you posted earlier today. How you are doing? You're still in my prayers!

Thank you for thinking of me.

I guess I'm doing OK. My heart still hurts, but I think I'm gonna make it. The divorce filing appeared in today's local paper...

Ann F said:
Thank you for thinking of me.

I guess I'm doing OK. My heart still hurts, but I think I'm gonna make it. The divorce filing appeared in today's local paper...

Wow, that seems fast. Bet that took your breath away when you saw it in print.

I'm sure your heart is still breaking. How could it not be?!? Praying for peace. I hope you are sleeping.

{{{{{Hugs Ann}}}}}

Everytime I think of you, the George Strait song "She Let Herself Go" starts playing in my head and I smile because I know you will be okay. Take care of yourself, you are a strong woman. Just remember that God has a plan for you, it may not make sense now, but one day it will be perfectly clear and you will find happiness again.

Thanks, Linda. I had to Google the song (sorry, not up on my country stuff). It's great! I'll try to keep it in mind when I start feeling sorry for myself!

My self-inflicted chores right now are to go through piles of stuff (there are other words, but I'll try to be nice), trashing some, sorting some for the kids, and boxing some for him. Yesterday, I only got 4 boxes done. I think the piles are growing instead of shrinking.

Anyone up for coming to central OK for a "Clean Sweep?"

<h2>1. How can I cope with the shock of my husband asking for a divorce after 28 years of marriage?</h2><p>It is completely understandable to feel shocked and overwhelmed in this situation. It is important to take care of yourself and seek support from loved ones, counselors, or support groups. Allow yourself to grieve and process your emotions, but also try to focus on self-care and finding ways to move forward.</p><h2>2. How do I handle the fact that my husband has found someone else and wants a divorce?</h2><p>This may be a difficult and painful reality to face, but it is important to remember that it is not a reflection of your worth or value as a person. Give yourself time and space to process your emotions, and try to avoid blaming yourself or your husband. Seek support from loved ones and consider seeking guidance from a therapist to help you navigate this difficult situation.</p><h2>3. Should I continue to work or take time off after my husband's sudden announcement?</h2><p>Every person and situation is different, so there is no right or wrong answer. It may be helpful to speak with your employer and explain the situation, as they may be understanding and allow you some time off. It is important to prioritize your mental health and well-being during this challenging time.</p><h2>4. How can I deal with the betrayal of my husband having an affair with someone we know from church?</h2><p>It is completely understandable to feel betrayed and hurt by this situation. It may be helpful to seek support from a therapist or counselor to help you process your feelings and find ways to move forward. It may also be helpful to set boundaries with your husband and the other person, and to focus on surrounding yourself with supportive and trustworthy people.</p><h2>5. How can I stop the constant thoughts and pacing after my husband's sudden announcement?</h2><p>It is common to experience racing thoughts and restlessness in the aftermath of a sudden and difficult situation like this. It may be helpful to find healthy coping mechanisms, such as exercise, journaling, or talking to a therapist or trusted friend. It may also be helpful to try relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing or mindfulness exercises, to calm your mind and body.</p>

1. How can I cope with the shock of my husband asking for a divorce after 28 years of marriage?

It is completely understandable to feel shocked and overwhelmed in this situation. It is important to take care of yourself and seek support from loved ones, counselors, or support groups. Allow yourself to grieve and process your emotions, but also try to focus on self-care and finding ways to move forward.

2. How do I handle the fact that my husband has found someone else and wants a divorce?

This may be a difficult and painful reality to face, but it is important to remember that it is not a reflection of your worth or value as a person. Give yourself time and space to process your emotions, and try to avoid blaming yourself or your husband. Seek support from loved ones and consider seeking guidance from a therapist to help you navigate this difficult situation.

3. Should I continue to work or take time off after my husband's sudden announcement?

Every person and situation is different, so there is no right or wrong answer. It may be helpful to speak with your employer and explain the situation, as they may be understanding and allow you some time off. It is important to prioritize your mental health and well-being during this challenging time.

4. How can I deal with the betrayal of my husband having an affair with someone we know from church?

It is completely understandable to feel betrayed and hurt by this situation. It may be helpful to seek support from a therapist or counselor to help you process your feelings and find ways to move forward. It may also be helpful to set boundaries with your husband and the other person, and to focus on surrounding yourself with supportive and trustworthy people.

5. How can I stop the constant thoughts and pacing after my husband's sudden announcement?

It is common to experience racing thoughts and restlessness in the aftermath of a sudden and difficult situation like this. It may be helpful to find healthy coping mechanisms, such as exercise, journaling, or talking to a therapist or trusted friend. It may also be helpful to try relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing or mindfulness exercises, to calm your mind and body.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
  • ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies