• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fool Me Once Shame on You, Fool Me Twice... (Vent)

In summary, Dr. Wayne Dyer's cousin is a schmuck and he is trying to help him. He has sent him emails and tried to recruit him for a sell-a-thon, but he has not responded. He is hoping that his cousin will wake up and realize that he may just be one of his only true friend's left.
susanr613
Gold Member
OK, so I have a cousin, male, about 4 years older than me, not very bright, and emotionally messed up. We barely got along growing up, but as adults we can talk and laugh together.

His wife left him about a year and a half ago, and ever since then I have been his divorce "coach," providing practical and emotional advice. Through this sad experience, he has grown as a person (I thought)

He loves PC and has bought from me almost every month since I started the biz. Plus, he can be very funny, and is comfortable presenting.

So, I tried to recruit him and got to the point where he was going to schedule his first 4-6 shows, then sign. Several weeks went by....and he told me that his ex took all of their friends so he has no one to host for him. (fooled me once)

In preparation for sell-a-thon, I sent e-mails to hosts from Q4 2007 and Q1 2008, as well as steady customers. He responded saying he'd like to do a catalog show. I sent a dozen cattys to him last week of May...and....yes, no responses to phone calls and of course no orders. I have sent him a fish or cut bait e-mail and asked him to return my cattys if he decides to cancel.

Yes, I have fooled myself twice, thinking that someone that I know is a schmuck would rise to the occasion. My son's bar mitzvah is in two years and I was planning for my cousin to have an honor, but now I know I can't count on him for anything. I am mad at him for being a schmuck and madder at myself for getting excited and disappointed twice.

I will eventually bless and release, but needed to vent to someone other than my parents who said, as kindly as they could, "told you so."

Thanks!

Susan, we've all had similar experiences. Hang in there.

Dr. Wayne Dyer says he's going to write a book called, "Friends Are God's Way of Apologizing For Your Relatives."

Susan, I'm sorry! Hey, you and I could write a book- we both tried to help schmucks and got nothing but a whole lotta pain from it!

Hugs to you-

I've had 1 or 2 MIA hosts. Oh well, bless, release and deal with the lose of $7 in products and postage.

other than my parents who said, as kindly as they could, "told you so."

Hey, at least you're not an orphan.

Susan, one thing I will say about helping family members that in the end clearly just don't get it is this- you did a good thing, you acted by the golden rule and you cannot blame yourself for being the good person that you are.

I refuse to make myself feel bad about what happened with my sister because of her poor choices and lack of maturity.

I will continue to be nice to my sister, and take the high road on every occasion concerning her, and unless she does something really off the wall, she'll remain in my life mainly because of my niece.

I pray that your family member wakes up and realizes that you may just be one of his only true friend's left and he'd better not burn that bridge. My sister doesn't have much of a bridge left with me- but I'm still holding out hope.

I'm sorry you got burned and that you feel like you are the stupid one here, when clearly the stupid one is not you!

Blessings and hugs! :)

I'm sorry that happened to you, Susan. Sometimes it's easier for family members to get that second "fooling" in.

I hope you got your 12 cataloges back

thanks everyone for your support and commentary. KG great title for a book! kacey, thanks as always for your kind-but-practical view on life.

:)

susanr613 said:
thanks everyone for your support and commentary. KG great title for a book! kacey, thanks as always for your kind-but-practical view on life.

:)
I love ya, and I'm very sorry that he hurt you and disappointed you as well. It isn't fun and I can totally relate and I'm just plain sorry! HUGS!

BTW- I had to pack my little dictionary away to take to work, so until I can buy another small one, please forgive my spelling errors!

"BTW- I had to pack my little dictionary away to take to work"....

So happy you can write that, Kacey!

Make sure you get those catalogs back! Wow! What a shame...oh well, something good will come your way soon!
Did you get any other bites from those emails you sent out other than your cousin?

1. What is "Fool Me Once Shame on You, Fool Me Twice... (Vent)"?

"Fool Me Once Shame on You, Fool Me Twice... (Vent)" is a versatile kitchen tool that allows you to easily core, slice, and peel fruits and vegetables in one simple motion.

2. How does "Fool Me Once Shame on You, Fool Me Twice... (Vent)" work?

The tool features a sharp blade on one end for slicing and peeling, and a coring tube on the other end for removing seeds and cores from fruits and vegetables. Simply insert the coring tube into the fruit or vegetable, twist and pull to remove the core, then use the blade to slice and peel as desired.

3. What types of fruits and vegetables can "Fool Me Once Shame on You, Fool Me Twice... (Vent)" be used on?

This tool is designed to work on a variety of fruits and vegetables, including apples, pears, cucumbers, zucchini, and more. It is also great for removing the seeds from peppers and tomatoes.

4. Is "Fool Me Once Shame on You, Fool Me Twice... (Vent)" dishwasher safe?

Yes, this tool is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the product.

5. Can "Fool Me Once Shame on You, Fool Me Twice... (Vent)" be used by both right-handed and left-handed individuals?

Yes, the design of this tool allows for easy use by both right-handed and left-handed individuals. The coring tube and blade can be used from either end, making it a versatile tool for all users.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• princessmeshelle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies