• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Care for Microfiber Dish Clothes: Top Rack Dishwasher Safe!

but only 2 people reached the $60 mark. The second show, I put out the dish clothes and only 1 person reached the $60 mark. It seems like more people are aware of the dish clothes now and are waiting to get their order in until after the show.The dish clothes are definitely being noticed more, but I'm not sure if it's because people are aware of them or if they just don't have the $60 to spend on them yet. Either way, I'm enjoying showing them off!
I don't think there is a limit on how many the host can purchase. If there were, it should be on a flyer. Nothing else is limited. It would be a great gift for her to purchase for people, right? It was the same with the Sweetheart Towel set last year?? and I had several on a host order at least once.

raebates said:
AJ, no need to get down on your hands and knees to use the microfiber towels on your floor. They fit really well on a Swiffer (or knock-off). Just spray or sprinkle your warm vinegar and mop away. When you're done, throw the microfiber towel in the washer. Ta da! Sparkling clean bathroom floor.
I like my disposable swiffer pads.....I guess that is the "haven't been a mommy" in me....the thought to throw a gross towel in my washing machine with other things grosses me out! I am sure the way I see that will change once I have kids!

I'm also a big disposable Swiffer fan. I use those to get all of the dirt, lint, hair, and stuff off the floor. The microfiber towel, though, makes a great mop. I wash it with my rags, instead of my towels, though.

raebates said:
I promise I'm not walking around smelling like salad dressing. Vinegar is actually an excellent deodorizer. It doesn't leave any scent behind.

Vinegar is used SOOOO much in my house! It will help get rid of any odor, sweat, dog smell, urine (when the little ones are potty training and have accidents). If the odor is really bad, you can use up to a cup per load with no problems at all, sometimes I use a little more. If the kids have an accident, I put it in with the initial water when filling and put my machine on a 30 minute presoak. This usually takes care of any odor.

Vinegar tips:

1. Vinegar is great when it comes to removing stains. For stains caused by grass, coffee, tea, fruits and berries. Soak the items in full strength vinegar for about an hour or so before laundering as normal.

2. Freshen your favorite blankets. Both cotton and wool blankets become soft, fluffy and free of soap odor when you add two cups of distilled vinegar to the rinse cycle of the wash.

3. When doing your laundry you may find that there is a build up of static, using one cup of vinegar in the wash will not only make your clothes smell fresher but it acts as a fabric softener as well reducing static cling.

4. To help deodorize cloth diapers add vinegar to the wash and even rinse water. This gets rid of the urine/ammonia smell and not to worry any residual vinegar smell will evaporate without harm.

5. You can keep five to six cups of vinegar in your diaper pail with water to keep the smell neutralized between washes.

6. When washing woolens it can be quite easy to make them loose their shape so bear the following in mind when hand washing your woolens. Squeeze the item that you are washing gently under the water. Don't lift them in and out as this causes stretching. It is also important to remove all traces of soap, this can be made easier by adding a little vinegar in the final rinse; this keeps woolens soft and fluffy. Do you have a favorite wool sweater but you can't wear it because of the musty smell? Deodorize the wool sweater by washing the sweater, then rinsing it in equal parts vinegar and water to remove odor. This will also brighten the color.

7. Do your baby clothes smell sour even after you wash them? When washing baby clothes use one cup of vinegar during the rinse cycle to break down smells for fresh clean smelling clothes.

8. When you are fixing a hem or seam have you ever noticed a hole? Try this quick trick to fix this. Place a cloth that has been moistened with vinegar under the fabric and iron, the holes will be smaller almost unnoticeable when you're finished.

9. Do your kids play hard and leave grass stains on their clothes? Apply vinegar to the stained spot and let sit overnight, you will notice the grass stain lighten up, and then launder as usual.

There are TONS more...it works well on the following stains: ketchup, gasoline smell, stains on suede, perspiration, jam, red wine, detergent stains, perfume stains...etc...

If you get a new red shirt (or other colors), soak it overnight in vinegar, water and salt to set the colors. This will help prevent the accidental pink underwear later on...when you forget and mix whites and colors...

raebates said:
AJ, no need to get down on your hands and knees to use the microfiber towels on your floor. They fit really well on a Swiffer (or knock-off). Just spray or sprinkle your warm vinegar and mop away. When you're done, throw the microfiber towel in the washer. Ta da! Sparkling clean bathroom floor.

BTW, my DH uses at least twice as much hairspray as I do, and his is AquaNet. That stuff sticks to EVERYTHING!

You know, I just bought one of those this week! I will be using it, that's for sure! No more hands and knees for me!

genburk said:
All this talk about dishwashers and using softners and it messing up our towels and cloths, but I have a different problem.
I washed my brand new Microfiber cloth in the washer for the first time, it was the first time I used it, they are brand new.
Only did a few loads of dishes and wiped off a portable radio with it. No bleach, no softner, and guess what???

The corner is starting to fray :eek:

I am guessing that this is not normal and I should call for replacements !!??!!:rolleyes:

I only had one that frayed, but they sent me 2 new ones. :D

I have the dish towel and it washed up fine (no fraying) when I washed it last night. I'm sure the HO will send you replacements.

If you want to know more uses for vinegar check out

http://frugalliving.about.com/cs/tips/a/vinegar.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/homemaking/vinegar.html or

http://www.versatilevinegar.org/usesandtips.html

It's an amazing product...right up there with baking soda!!!

http://frugalliving.about.com/sitesearch.htm?terms=baking%20soda&SUName=frugalliving&TopNode=3278&type=1

<h2>1. Can microfiber dish cloths be washed in the dishwasher?</h2><p>Yes, microfiber dish cloths can be washed in the dishwasher. The "use and care" card for our microfiber dish cloths specifically states that they are dishwasher safe.</p><h2>2. What is the benefit of washing microfiber dish cloths in the top rack of the dishwasher?</h2><p>Washing microfiber dish cloths in the top rack of the dishwasher allows for easy cleaning without the need to remember to take them out of the dryer or avoid using fabric softeners. Simply lay them out in the kitchen to dry afterwards.</p><h2>3. Are there any special instructions for washing microfiber dish cloths in the dishwasher?</h2><p>No, there are no special instructions for washing microfiber dish cloths in the dishwasher. Simply place them in the top rack and run a regular dishwasher cycle.</p><h2>4. Will washing microfiber dish cloths in the dishwasher damage them?</h2><p>No, washing microfiber dish cloths in the dishwasher will not damage them. In fact, it is a recommended method of cleaning for these cloths.</p><h2>5. Can I use fabric softeners with microfiber dish cloths in the dishwasher?</h2><p>No, fabric softeners should not be used when washing microfiber dish cloths in the dishwasher. This can reduce their absorbency and effectiveness.</p>

1. Can microfiber dish cloths be washed in the dishwasher?

Yes, microfiber dish cloths can be washed in the dishwasher. The "use and care" card for our microfiber dish cloths specifically states that they are dishwasher safe.

2. What is the benefit of washing microfiber dish cloths in the top rack of the dishwasher?

Washing microfiber dish cloths in the top rack of the dishwasher allows for easy cleaning without the need to remember to take them out of the dryer or avoid using fabric softeners. Simply lay them out in the kitchen to dry afterwards.

3. Are there any special instructions for washing microfiber dish cloths in the dishwasher?

No, there are no special instructions for washing microfiber dish cloths in the dishwasher. Simply place them in the top rack and run a regular dishwasher cycle.

4. Will washing microfiber dish cloths in the dishwasher damage them?

No, washing microfiber dish cloths in the dishwasher will not damage them. In fact, it is a recommended method of cleaning for these cloths.

5. Can I use fabric softeners with microfiber dish cloths in the dishwasher?

No, fabric softeners should not be used when washing microfiber dish cloths in the dishwasher. This can reduce their absorbency and effectiveness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dhclemons
  • KellyTheChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
  • esavvymom