• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Countdown to Miami: Who's Going?

In summary, we are less than a week away from our trip to Miami and who is going. I know Deb and Linda, who else is
chefkugler said:
Is anyone planning on going to South Beach on Monday??

I am pretty sure that's where dh and I will be heading on Monday.

DebbieJ said:
Yes, we plan our vacations around restaurants.

Right there with you! :)

The contact list I started in in excel. Will all of you who sent me your contact info be able to open and print from excel??

chefkugler said:
The contact list I started in in excel. Will all of you who sent me your contact info be able to open and print from excel??

yes - are you planning to email it? You can't attach an excel file here.

chefkugler said:

Yes maam!

UGH.....

DebbieJ said:
We are still deciding where to eat on Monday and that will determine our South Beach plans. Yes, we plan our vacations around restaurants.

Jeff from Top Chef cooks at the DiLido Beach Club at the Ritz Carlton, but they only do lunch on Tuesday. So we're still figuring that out.

I kinda wanted to check out Gloria Estefan's restaurant but I just want to go somewhere that serves authentic Cuban food since I've never had it before. I actually have a friend I graduated with who lives in South Beach and I think I'm going to ask her to recommend something.

I can post the file here if everyone is OK with that. Does anyone else want to get added to the contact sheet?

Here is a stupid question...
Is anyone bringing beach towels or do you plan to use the hotel towels? My DH thinks we should just use hotel and save room in our luggage.

chefkugler said:
Is anyone bringing beach towels or do you plan to use the hotel towels? My DH thinks we should just use hotel and save room in our luggage.

You know, that occurred to me last night! Does the hotel provide them? If so, I'm going to save the room in my luggage! Same with blow dryer, shampoo, soap, etc.!

Debi said:
I kinda wanted to check out Gloria Estefan's restaurant but I just want to go somewhere that serves authentic Cuban food since I've never had it before. I actually have a friend I graduated with who lives in South Beach and I think I'm going to ask her to recommend something.

I've been to Estefan's restaurant and it is FANTASTIC.

chefkugler said:

Not bringing towels.....did anyone check the hotel website to see if they are provided? I just kinda assumed they were.

I would think that the hotel would provide them. I am upset that I am going to have to pay to bring a suitcase. Hubby thinks I should be able to put everything in a carry on, since it is only 4 days- I don't think so!!!!!

I would think that a hotel the caliber of the Fontainebleau would provide beach towels. Since I'm driving, I'm planning to throw a couple in the car just in case they don't want theirs on the beach area. We are planning to visit my dad for a few days after in WPB so we'll need our towels for that too. I'm also bringing my beach umbrella, a cooler, and my bottle of Sapphire Gin ;) LOL

I'm gonna remember to buy suntan lotion here before we leave too! I bet it's expensive there! LOL!

I'm so excited! We'll all be hanging out together this time next week!!! I think I'm going to call to find out about beach towels. I thought I read somewhere there was a cost. I've bought two dresses and still need to figure out what I'm wearing the night we are on our own. I'm not sure if we are going to head to South Beach on Monday or not. Guess we'll just play it by ear. Gotta go to bed, I have a super crazy week with tons to do. I should start my Monday well rested :) :)

I called today and they said towels are free. I asked about wifi cost and she said each room has a laptop in it that can access the internet for free. Just thought I'd let you all know :) Can't wait until this time next week!!!

iteachurkid said:
I called today and they said towels are free. I asked about wifi cost and she said each room has a laptop in it that can access the internet for free. Just thought I'd let you all know :) Can't wait until this time next week!!!

Sweet! Maybe I'll leave my laptop at home then....

iteachurkid said:
i called today and they said towels are free. I asked about wifi cost and she said each room has a laptop in it that can access the internet for free. Just thought i'd let you all know :) can't wait until this time next week!!!

saweet!!!!!

Thanks for checking on those things Jennifer.
Ahhh I can't wait. I'm so excited.

Here is the contact sheet. If your not on it and still want to me, let me know. See you all real soon!

Attachments

• miami contacts.xls
    14 KB · Views: 233
  • miami contacts.xls
    14 KB · Views: 242
When do you guys leave?? This weekend? HOW FUN!!! I hope you all have a blast! I can't wait to see pictures and hear lots of stories.

Yea, we leave on Sunday. My husband is dying because our boys have a bball tournament this weekend. All of our family is too busy to take them (it is about a 2 hr drive away). He actually said, "what if I din't go?" It took massive restraint to not smack him!! And to reward myself I had some cookies!! LOL :D

pamperedbecky said:
When do you guys leave?? This weekend? HOW FUN!!! I hope you all have a blast! I can't wait to see pictures and hear lots of stories.

YES! Please post pics when you get back! I'm sure it's going to be an awesome trip!!! Have a great time!

Chef Kearns said:
Yea, we leave on Sunday. My husband is dying because our boys have a bball tournament this weekend. All of our family is too busy to take them (it is about a 2 hr drive away). He actually said, "what if I din't go?" It took massive restraint to not smack him!! And to reward myself I had some cookies!! LOL :D

Holy cow. Once that boy goes on this PC trip, he won't want to miss one EVER. He doesn't get it! My DH was SOOOO impressed by the very first trip I earned and gushes about all of the trips whenever it comes up in conversation. Don't worry, your husband should "get it" once he goes on this trip!!! (If not, well, THEN you can smack him!)

Hey Melissa! Will you add me? I didn't send you my info since you said you had it :) If you need it, just let me know :)

Have tons of fun you guys and have a coco cabana for me!! :p

iteachurkid said:
Hey Melissa! Will you add me? I didn't send you my info since you said you had it :) If you need it, just let me know :)

can you send me your cell #? It is in my cell phone, which is out in my truck.

I leave tomorrow! I am FRANTICALLY packing right now. I had to go to the mall this morning to get a maternity bathing suit. Thank God my friend has taken Brendan for the day for me. I am going to give her a stone (Med Round one I earned but never use) as a thank you when I go pick him up. I have to pack me and DS...we are going to MIL's first, then DS is staying with her, so I need to remember lots of stuff.Which reminds me...need to sign a consent for medical plus copy our insurance card for her. One more thing to do!BYE!

Wow Deb!! Have a safe trip and we will see you there.

chefkugler said:
Wow Deb!! Have a safe trip and we will see you there.

See you there. I'll be the 19 weeks pregnant one. :approve::approve::D:D

DebbieJ said:
I leave tomorrow! I am FRANTICALLY packing right now. I had to go to the mall this morning to get a maternity bathing suit. Thank God my friend has taken Brendan for the day for me. I am going to give her a stone (Med Round one I earned but never use) as a thank you when I go pick him up.

I have to pack me and DS...we are going to MIL's first, then DS is staying with her, so I need to remember lots of stuff.

Which reminds me...need to sign a consent for medical plus copy our insurance card for her. One more thing to do!

BYE!

Yay! Have fun!!!:D:D Be sure to get good photographic evidence if there any "Quest" type activities that go on, like on the cruise last year.:rolleyes:

pamperedbecky said:
Yay! Have fun!!!:D:D Be sure to get good photographic evidence if there any "Quest" type activities that go on, like on the cruise last year.:rolleyes:

Yes, I want to see those pictures for sure!!! :D

When you guys get to the pool, save 2 chairs, and then call me, so I know which pool you are at, ok? (Sunday afternoon, we get in at 11:40, so I imagine we will be at the pool by 1 PM)

pampmomof3 said:
Yes, I want to see those pictures for sure!!! :D

Well, my ex won't be there this time to wear anyone's bra, parade around in his boxers, in my shoes, with lipstick and a purse this year!! (But hey, we won!)

???? Wow, how did I miss that one? Was it on the cruise ?

Mrssyvo said:
When you guys get to the pool, save 2 chairs, and then call me, so I know which pool you are at, ok? (Sunday afternoon, we get in at 11:40, so I imagine we will be at the pool by 1 PM)

I wish we got in early. We don't get in Sunday until 3:00 PM. The person who gave me my flight info said she could have tried for an eariler flight, but stressed to me that check in isn't until 4, so it shouldn't matter. Oh well.
Can't wait, counting down and packing up. :sun:

so, can we still use th epool if we haven't checked in? We will have 4 hours to kill, I would rather kill them poolside !!!

Hey, Deb, my hubby was up there parading around during the Quest game on Majesty, too, and I have no pics to prove it. Do you have any?

Debi said:
It sure was!!! And we had a BLAST!

We are leaving in the morning and I'm ALMOST finished packing.

See some of you in Miami and chat with the rest of you later.

pamperedlinda said:
We are leaving in the morning and I'm ALMOST finished packing.

See some of you in Miami and chat with the rest of you later.

Have fun Linda!!! I'm so sad I'm missing my trip this year. I earned 2 in a row and am mad at myself!! UGH!

see you next year at Disney Kristi :)

Here is an updated contact list for Miami

Attachments

• miami contacts.xls
    14 KB · Views: 271
  • miami contacts.xls
    14 KB · Views: 278
We are leaving in the morning! I still haven't even packed yet. My black and white attire for Tuesday may end up being just black. My clothes must have shrunk in the closet...lol.

They are flying us out a day early in order to get us there on time. PC is great!

Christ Follower said:
We are leaving in the morning! I still haven't even packed yet. My black and white attire for Tuesday may end up being just black. My clothes must have shrunk in the closet...lol.

They are flying us out a day early in order to get us there on time. PC is great!

I hate when my closet shrinks my clothes. Have a safe trip.

The closet shrunk all of my clothes this go round. :D I borrowed some clothes from my sister and had to run out to the Motherhood store for a dress and a bathing suit before we left town.

ardipc said:
Hey, Deb, my hubby was up there parading around during the Quest game on Majesty, too, and I have no pics to prove it. Do you have any?

Sure do!! But they're too large to load here.

Anyone know if we are just supposed to take the receipt that was sent to us to the airport to get our airline tickets? I just don't want to show up in the morning and them look at me funny :) I'm so excited!! Finally started laundry and laying out clothes!!! See you all tomorrow!!

iteachurkid said:
Anyone know if we are just supposed to take the receipt that was sent to us to the airport to get our airline tickets? I just don't want to show up in the morning and them look at me funny :) I'm so excited!! Finally started laundry and laying out clothes!!! See you all tomorrow!!

I'm bringing the entire packet. Just to be safe!

iteachurkid said:

It's an e-ticket, so you just need your ID.

You can check in online. I just did...a wee bit too late though!

See you all tomorrow!! I'll be the one with serious bags under her eyes from lack of sleep!!

<h2> Who all is going on the Miami trip? </h2><p> As of now, we have confirmed attendance from Deb, Linda, and myself. However, there may be others who have not yet RSVP'd. </p><h2> Is anyone interested in having their husband join for a round of golf? </h2><p> We are still looking for a husband to join for golf. If anyone is interested, please let us know as soon as possible. </p><h2> I really don't want to go on the Everglades tour. Can I opt out? </h2><p> We understand that not everyone may be interested in the Everglades tour. If you would like to opt out, please let us know and we can make alternative arrangements for you. </p><h2> How much time do we have left until the Miami trip? </h2><p> We are just over 1 week away from the trip! Time is flying by, so make sure you have everything you need and are ready to go. </p><h2> Can we get a list of everyone who is going on the trip? </h2><p> We respect the privacy of our attendees and do not disclose personal information without consent. However, if you would like to connect with others attending the trip, we can facilitate introductions. Just let us know who you would like to connect with. </p>

Who all is going on the Miami trip?

As of now, we have confirmed attendance from Deb, Linda, and myself. However, there may be others who have not yet RSVP'd.

Is anyone interested in having their husband join for a round of golf?

We are still looking for a husband to join for golf. If anyone is interested, please let us know as soon as possible.

I really don't want to go on the Everglades tour. Can I opt out?

We understand that not everyone may be interested in the Everglades tour. If you would like to opt out, please let us know and we can make alternative arrangements for you.

How much time do we have left until the Miami trip?

We are just over 1 week away from the trip! Time is flying by, so make sure you have everything you need and are ready to go.

Can we get a list of everyone who is going on the trip?

We respect the privacy of our attendees and do not disclose personal information without consent. However, if you would like to connect with others attending the trip, we can facilitate introductions. Just let us know who you would like to connect with.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kelly8
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies
Views
pcgogetter
  • ahammons
  • General Chat