• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Going to Paris in April???

In summary, the person is going to Paris in April and they want to stay one extra night. They found tripadvisor.com helpful and want to know if anyone is making their own lodging arrangements elsewhere. They are excited about the trip and are looking forward to seeing Paris.
5 days until we fly out. I don't have enough clothes to pack. What are you bringing with you. I looked up the weather and saw that is is slightly warmer than Ohio is about mid 60s, so I was thinking pants and short sleeve. Hubby has no clothes to pack and I am afraid he will be running out Sat night to buy himself things. Its going to drive me nuts. I had to lug out all my maternity clothes last week and a bunch of my favorite things are missing and everyone who has borrowed them has no idea what I am talking about so I have to go shopping too!! Sorry to ramble, I am just excited and stressed.

cincychef said:
5 days until we fly out. I don't have enough clothes to pack. What are you bringing with you. I looked up the weather and saw that is is slightly warmer than Ohio is about mid 60s, so I was thinking pants and short sleeve. Hubby has no clothes to pack and I am afraid he will be running out Sat night to buy himself things. Its going to drive me nuts. I had to lug out all my maternity clothes last week and a bunch of my favorite things are missing and everyone who has borrowed them has no idea what I am talking about so I have to go shopping too!! Sorry to ramble, I am just excited and stressed.

The weather looks quite a bit nicer than Chicago, so I'm glad. It sounds like it can be rainy though. I'm planning mostly on pants/capris and long sleeved things...some short sleeves. And layers. That's what I've heard mostly because it can start out pretty cool. It looks like lately the high is around low 60s, maybe if we're lucky it might get to be a high of mid 60s. I look at the weather every day!:blushing: I have been doing too much clothes shopping. I need some nice stuff anyway. I can use a lot of it at conference too. At least that's how I justify it. I have a nicer jean jacket type thing to do layers and long sleeve thin kind of sweater pieces. I have a shorter sleeve sweater too, but I'd wear a tank top under it. I'll probably bring a thicker sweater and even a sweatshirt just incase. We went to Disney a month ago and packed with way too "summery" clothes because it was a bit chilly there. I hate being cold! I wore my sweatshirt pretty much every day when we went to Disney. So, I may be erring on the side of not enough "summery" stuff, but maybe it's because 60s don't seem really really warm to me. I don't know! It's so hard to decide! Because I also don't want a heavy suitcase since I"m just bringing medium size one. My DH will bring a smaller suitcase and we'll use a garment bag together for the nicer clothes. I know we'll end up paying even more to check a 3rd bag but oh well.

I'm trying to decide about bringing my laptop. I mostly want it to maybe watch a movie on the plane. And use the free internet in the lobby from time to time. I just don't know though!

I want to try to have a very productive week because I have shows Fri and Sat and I leave Sunday afternoon. HOly cow, I'm in panic mode too!

Becky, check about the cost of luggage. I know on our flights since we were leaving the country we could check 2 bags no charge.
Have fun!!

Koolotus said:
Becky, check about the cost of luggage. I know on our flights since we were leaving the country we could check 2 bags no charge.
Have fun!!

Thanks, Cheryl. I think last time I checked, American had a charge for the first bag, but maybe that wasn't international. I'll double check though thanks!!:D

I went clothes shopping crazy too -- but had fun doing it! I am packing fewer pants that I can mix-n-match with tops; 1 dress; 1 jean jacket, 1 light sweater, 1 heavier jacket, umbrella, no laptop which is scary for me because I'm usually attached at the hip with my computer; now -- shoes is what I'm having trouble deciding on. I have so many, but do they match my outfits and will they be comfortable? Tonight is decision time so I can shop more tomorrow if I need to. I made copies of all travel documents today, got all snacks and reading materials ready, it seems like I need to do other things, .....hopefully not forgetting something really important!

Koolotus said:
Have fun!!

Thanks for the advice. I did check and American lets international travelers check two pieces of baggage at no charge each. Yay! I must've been looking at domestic travel when I looked before.

ok -- tonight is Tuesday -- we're getting closer! So much to do now I feel like no time....I guess what gets done gets done. I need to learn to prioritize!

Thats ok I still have shopping to do, phone calls to make, a show on Sat, and I spent all day today on taxes!!!! and no I don't like to do things at the last minute.

Does our hotel have a pool? I've look online at their site, but can't find one listed an an ammenity.
Can't wait...we leave on Saturday! Only 3 more sleeps!

I haven't seen anything about a pool either. I don't think hotels in Paris are big on having pools because I havent seen any reviews or anything that mention pools.

I'm trying to figure out if they have irons. They say each room has a "trouser press" so I wonder if I can iron shirts with that. I wonder if it's just an iron but that's what they call it. Is anyone bringing a laptop? I'm trying to decide if I should. I wouldn'td mind having it to watch a movie on the plane or start entering my expenses in P3 for 2009 (wouldn't THAT be amazing!) but I also don't want to leave it in my room because people have warned me about that. There is free wireless in the lobby and you can lock things up at the front desk. I'm just trying to decide if I want the hassle.

I was debating back and forth about whether to bring my laptop and finally, my husband said, "You are on vacation. Anything you'd need that laptop for can wait until we get back." Point taken.

I am bringing my Palm Pilot b/c it has WiFi and I can email my family...but it's a pain the rear to use for email etc...so I know I won't get carried away like I would with my laptop.

See you in Paris!
D

Did anyone find out about an iron? Also is anyone bringing a plug adapter?

Also did anyone end up buying the museum pass? I am still thinking about getting it and was wondering if anyone else already did.

I didn't find out about an iron yet. I did buy a plug adapter at Target. They have pretty inexpensive ones. I still don't understand if I can plug in my hair dryer or if it has too much wattage. I know the hotel has one but I really like using mine. Plus I use one of those big diffusers and I'm sure the hotel one doesn't have one. Not sure what to do.

Wow, I can't wait!! See you all in Paris!

Buy a CONVERTER that has adapter attachments. The adapters don't step down the wattage given by the outlet and if you just use an adapter, it will FRY your stuff.

We went to Barcelona with PC in 1999. I used just an adapter for my curling iron...and it completely melted in 1/2!!! Straightening irons are the worst...I am buying a cheap european one when we get to Paris.

You will be able to buy converters in Paris....you will be able to find what you need at Bon Marche which is only a 10 min. walk from our hotel. Very close to Luxemburg Gardens.

If you buy a converter, pack a power strip....then you plug the strip into the converter and you can charge all of your things at once.

My how life has changed since 1999....the only thing I was worried about plugging in back then was my curling iron. Now we need to charge camera batteries, iPods, PDA's, laptops....what a difference 10 years makes!!

ok -- so I can buy a converter there -- or should I just buy one here? I'm doing so many last minute things -- tomorrow is the day! Bon Voyage!

DebChefIA said:
Buy a CONVERTER that has adapter attachments. The adapters don't step down the wattage given by the outlet and if you just use an adapter, it will FRY your stuff.

We went to Barcelona with PC in 1999. I used just an adapter for my curling iron...and it completely melted in 1/2!!! Straightening irons are the worst...I am buying a cheap european one when we get to Paris.

You will be able to buy converters in Paris....you will be able to find what you need at Bon Marche which is only a 10 min. walk from our hotel. Very close to Luxemburg Gardens.

If you buy a converter, pack a power strip....then you plug the strip into the converter and you can charge all of your things at once.

My how life has changed since 1999....the only thing I was worried about plugging in back then was my curling iron. Now we need to charge camera batteries, iPods, PDA's, laptops....what a difference 10 years makes!!

Actually the multi pack I got is a converter and an adapter. GREAT idea about the power strip. I'll be packing one of those. I'm still not sure if it'll handle my hair dryer.

My husband was an electrician so he is in charge of the converter and adapter. In fact it is the ONE (and should I say only) thing his is in charge of. We leave Sunday afternoon, and I have a show tomorrow. I still have to pack me and all three kids! I spent today shopping again, maternity clothes are hard to find all of the sudden, but I finally have everything I need, I think. Yesterday I finished a bunch of important paperwork, like medical release forms and schedules for the kids. They are staying different places so everyone got a copy of schedules with phone numbers. Its amazing how much time that kind of stuff can take! Tomorrow I have to make sure I call back the people who have been calling me with questions, exchanges, and returns all week. I just haven't had the time! I usually am really good about getting back to people. So thanks for listening, I am just excited! but too tired to do much more tonight. See you soon.

HOw funny-we are in the same boat....I have a bridal shower show today and still need to get stuff settled for the kids: finish up laundry, get their rooms organized and make lists for my parents who are coming here to stay with them. I still wanted to send out my April newsletter (HA! It's past mid-April now, but I still want to do it).

I think tonight will be a late night. And I'll have time tomorrow since our flight doesn't leave 'til 5:30 pm. I emailed the hotel to see if a "trouser press" is the same as an iron but I may not hear back by tomorrow. I still need to pack all the non-clothes stuff. I'm so excited!! Today is going to go SO fast. Good luck with your show today! I need my bridal shower to be BIG but I'm thinking it won't be because they weren't very clear on the invite NOT to buy a shower gift beforehand so I don't know how many people will be ordering.

see you in Paris!!

DH says a trouser press comes out of the wall-and is a press-not an iron- fyl

morfia said:
DH says a trouser press comes out of the wall-and is a press-not an iron- fyl

Ok thanks! I wonder if I can use it on a shirt somehow....hmmmm. Good to know. Thanks!:D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedbecky
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • sandilou