• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Countdown to DH's Return: 363 to Go!

In summary, DH left for Korea on Tuesday, and we are now completely moved! The kids are taking it okay - but I don't think they've figured out that we're not here for a visit quite yet. We'll probably see him in about 5 months though. We are trying to plan a trip for me and the kids to fly over right before Christmas, so that we can be with him for a week or so. I can't wait!! Let's just hope that the kids behave on that long plane ride - they've never flown before!!
ahammons
363 to go! (Technically 333 if you don't count his mid-tour :D) DH left for Korea on Tuesday, and we are now completely moved! So far, the kids are taking it okay - but I don't think they've figured out that we're not here for a visit quite yet. Of course, they've been asking for Daddy, but they haven't been too upset by it...yet! We'll probably see him in about 5 months though. :) We are trying to plan a trip for me and the kids to fly over right before Christmas, so that we can be with him for a week or so. I can't wait!! Let's just hope that the kids behave on that long plane ride - they've never flown before!! :eek:

On a PC note... :D I finally found out who my hospitality director is, and I can't wait to meet her! I'm really hoping to focus more on my business in the next year; I think it will take my mind off of things and keep me busy.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers. As a fellow military wife, I understand all too well the separations. How old are you kids? My son was 3 months old when my husband deployed to Iraq the first time for a year...and then was 2 1/2 when he deployed the second time for a year. (the second time was harder obviously cuz he (our son) was older. Take care, and that's great that you guys are already planning a trip over there for Christmas..!!! :)

I can't believe the dedication and sacrifice military families make for me and the rest of our country. I have such an admiration for all of you! May God bless you and your families ABUNDANTLY!

Ashlee,

If you need anything let us know! As another fellow military wife, and several more on here, we will do anything to help. Come here if you just are having a bad day and need to vent! Remember to take one day at a time, one week at a time, etc. I know what it's like to look forward to garbage day because that means another week has gone by! My husband is deploying in about a month. We have a little guy that is not even 2 months old yet.

Just hollar if you need anything!!!

The Furry Guy was a marine when I married him. We've been through a few of those separations. I won't say I know what you're feeling because every situation is different. What I will say is that I know it's difficult, and you will be in my prayers.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the support and prayers. Today has been the toughest for my oldest son, so far. I think he is finally realizing that DH is actually going to be gone for a while. He was carrying my cell phone around earlier (it has a picture of DH on it), he kept showing it to everyone saying "Do you see my daddy? This is my daddy!" It was cute, but sad at the same time. He's barely eaten since we've been here, and at dinner tonight he looked at me and said "Mommy, I'm really sad" then started crying. Right now my FIL is taking him for a ride in DH's truck, so I think that may help him - that's one of his favorite things to do. My youngest keeps walking around the house in the evening looking for Daddy - I feel awful b/c he's just too young to understand what's going on.

calebsmom0822 said:
I'll be keeping you in my prayers. As a fellow military wife, I understand all too well the separations. How old are you kids? My son was 3 months old when my husband deployed to Iraq the first time for a year...and then was 2 1/2 when he deployed the second time for a year. (the second time was harder obviously cuz he (our son) was older. Take care, and that's great that you guys are already planning a trip over there for Christmas..!!! :)
They are 3yr and 17mo. My oldest was 2mo when DH went to Iraq. Luckily, he hasn't been back, but he has been gone for a few training schools. The good thing is that he can use Vonage over there, so he'll have a local number for us to call him on. We also have webcams, so the boys can see him on the computer as well. I'm hoping this will help. DH just e-mailed me this morning and said he wants us to try to fly over there in November instead of December, b/c he doesn't want to wait that long! :) I guess I better get our passports soon, huh? lol

ahammons said:
363 to go! (Technically 333 if you don't count his mid-tour :D) DH left for Korea on Tuesday, and we are now completely moved! So far, the kids are taking it okay - but I don't think they've figured out that we're not here for a visit quite yet. Of course, they've been asking for Daddy, but they haven't been too upset by it...yet! We'll probably see him in about 5 months though. :) We are trying to plan a trip for me and the kids to fly over right before Christmas, so that we can be with him for a week or so. I can't wait!! Let's just hope that the kids behave on that long plane ride - they've never flown before!! :eek:

On a PC note... :D I finally found out who my hospitality director is, and I can't wait to meet her! I'm really hoping to focus more on my business in the next year; I think it will take my mind off of things and keep me busy.

WOW! The dedication that it takes to keep a family intact with DH being gone so long... I really admire you!!!
Where in Indiana are you now?

katie0128 said:
Where in Indiana are you now?
We are in Mooresville now (just south of Indy). I think I'll start making some trips to the Dayton area in a few months - I'd like to have an idea of where everything is, before we move there next year. If nothing else, I'll just to go Wright Patt to check out the BX and Commissary! lol

Prayers for you!! I am also a military wife, but thankfully, my husband already had his remote completed before we married. But, of course, there are those long TDYs and deployments...

I pray your PC business really booms while he's gone and you stay busy, busy, busy!!

ahammons said:
We are in Mooresville now (just south of Indy). I think I'll start making some trips to the Dayton area in a few months - I'd like to have an idea of where everything is, before we move there next year. If nothing else, I'll just to go Wright Patt to check out the BX and Commissary! lol

Oh now I remember... we talked before because you were asking how far WPAFB was from Cincinnati... aren't you thinking about going to Pharm school?

katie0128 said:
Oh now I remember... we talked before because you were asking how far WPAFB was from Cincinnati... aren't you thinking about going to Pharm school?
Yep, still thinking about it. :) I've taken the last month off from my online classes, and really need to get back to it. I just need to get motivated first! lol

Let me know when you are heading to visit Dayton... maybe we could meet somewhere for lunch/coffee/whatever...

Sure, sounds great!

What is "Countdown to DH's Return: 363 to Go!"?

"Countdown to DH's Return: 363 to Go!" is a special event created by Pampered Chef to help customers prepare for their loved one's return home. It is a 363-day countdown filled with tips, recipes, and products to make the homecoming even more special.

How do I participate in "Countdown to DH's Return: 363 to Go!"?

To participate, simply visit our website and sign up for the event. You will receive daily emails with tips, recipes, and product suggestions to help you plan for your loved one's return.

Is there a cost to participate in "Countdown to DH's Return: 363 to Go!"?

No, there is no cost to participate in this event. It is completely free for all Pampered Chef customers.

What types of recipes can I expect to receive during the countdown?

We will be sharing a variety of recipes, including quick and easy meals, special occasion dishes, and even recipes that can be made in advance and frozen for later. Our focus will be on delicious and comforting meals that your loved one will appreciate after being away.

Can I still participate if my loved one is not in the military?

Yes, absolutely! While this event was originally created for military families, anyone can participate and benefit from the tips, recipes, and product suggestions. We believe that every homecoming should be celebrated and we are happy to help make it a special occasion for all families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Crystal Patton
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Dayna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • ChefBeckyD