• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Countdown to Miami: Who's Going?

In summary, we are less than a week away from our trip to Miami and who is going. I know Deb and Linda, who else is
mrssyvo
We are less a little over 1 week away from Miami trip- Who all is going? I know Deb and Linda, (and myself) who else is going? I am still looking for someone's DH to go golf with my DH, I really do not want to go. We are doing the Everglades tour on Tuesday.

We're doing Everglades on Tuesday as well. Has your card been charged? I never got any kind of confirmation and now I'm worried.

My son and I will be there. Not sure about the Everglades yet.

We are doing the Everglades on Tuesday. I sent in a check. I guess I should check to see if they've cleared it yet.

My husband and I will be there!! I'm starting to get excited!! I wasn't succesful on the 600 calorie diet. I did breakfast good, but it fell apart shortly after that! LOL!!

I will be there with my DH. Sorry he doesn't golf. We didn't book anything to do. Going to just go with the flow when we get there. Plan to just relax.

Question for you ladies on attire??
Is anyone wearing Capri's for dinner on the first night? I was considering black capri pants with a dressy top. Keep the sun dresses for the other nights.

I'm going, too, and we bought in my 3-yr old, and my souvenir baby who arrived Jan. 7th (souvenir from last years Majesty of the Seas trip, that is). :)My husband found a really neat place that we're looking at going called Jungle Island. Anyone heard of that? http://jungleisland.com/I'm having serious difficulty with clothing being so recently pregnant. :p

ardipc said:
I'm having serious difficulty with clothing being so recently pregnant. :p

I'm having serious difficulty with clothing being 17 weeks, well 19 weeks pregnant once we're there. There is hardly ANY maternity clothes in stores anymore not to mention SUMMER maternity clothes! ARGH!

And the things I did manage to find just got ruined by a stray crayon in the laundry. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

DebbieJ said:
I'm having serious difficulty with clothing being 17 weeks, well 19 weeks pregnant once we're there. There is hardly ANY maternity clothes in stores anymore not to mention SUMMER maternity clothes! ARGH!

And the things I did manage to find just got ruined by a stray crayon in the laundry. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

WD-40 is supposed to take that out. Have you checked any Second-Hand Stores? Maternity clothing is something that is usually in great used condition.

Still working on it Debi. Goo Gone and WD-40 are next on my list. Tried a specific wash routine first and it did not work. :(

DebbieJ said:
Still working on it Debi.

Goo Gone and WD-40 are next on my list. Tried a specific wash routine first and it did not work. :(

Oh Bummer!! Hey, how long are you in going to be in town before Miami? I ask b/c there is an outlet mall in Vero and there is a maternity store there. I wish I had something here for you but I got rid of all that 4 years ago!!

I hardly see anyone wearing maternity clothes anymore. It seems they wear their clothes tighter than I do. There are a lot of really cute loose tops and sundresses out there right now. ...pants are another story.

I have seen maternity sections in Target and Walmart recently if that helps.

I have not found any sundresses yet- I am going shopping with my BF on Wednesday, for new clothes (she is my fashion consultant) and hopefully we will find some then.

I'll be there in spirit. We opted for the gift card.
We're using DH's limited vacation days for a trip to visit my brother (he runs a resort in Bermuda...so I'm thinking of that as my PC trip!:party:). The gift card is going towards installing a wall of windows in our dining room (I'll think about how great PC is every time I look out them :chef:)

Wish everyone going has a deliciouso time! Enjoy those mojitos!

pampmomof3 said:
Oh Bummer!! Hey, how long are you in going to be in town before Miami? I ask b/c there is an outlet mall in Vero and there is a maternity store there. I wish I had something here for you but I got rid of all that 4 years ago!!

I love that outlet mall!!!!!

chefkugler said:
I will be there with my DH. Sorry he doesn't golf. We didn't book anything to do. Going to just go with the flow when we get there. Plan to just relax.

Question for you ladies on attire??
Is anyone wearing Capri's for dinner on the first night? I was considering black capri pants with a dressy top. Keep the sun dresses for the other nights.

I am wearing capri's for both dinners. However, I might wear a skort the to the first dinner - I was under the impression that the welcome dinner was more casual?

My DH agreed to take the dance lessons with me ( I asked him while watching DWTS !!!!) and so I think I will wear Capri's (If I wear a dress, I run the risk of chaffing - LOL)

Oh yes the dancing lesson. I think we all better stick with Capri's the first night. Easy to move in. My DH is not one for dancing. So that bites for me. I love to dance.

Melissa, My DH is not either, but then I reminded him that this trip is all about me !!! (LOL)- no not really, but I did tell him that it is not a work dinner this time, it is with me and my peers and no one will no him, so it is all good!!!! Usuallu, at his work functions, he will not dance, because he sees these people every day. We do watch DWTS though, and comment about how much fun it looks, so I think this is something he will enjoy. Who knows, I may get him to go to Arthur Murray with me !!!!

Yeah my DH still won't, I'm sure. Even if I got him drunk first. LOL
At our wedding other than slow dancing, I think I got him on the dance floor once. Nothing has changed in the almost 13 yrs we have been married. ( wow that is shocking after I typed that, almost 13 yrs)

Melissa - our husbands can hang together and you and I can be partners - LOL!

pamperedlinda said:

Promise you'll post pictures!

pamperedlinda said:

Sounds like a plan. We will have to connect.

Mrssyvo said:
I have not found any sundresses yet- I am going shopping with my BF on Wednesday, for new clothes (she is my fashion consultant) and hopefully we will find some then.

Have you seen the Old Navy TV commercials recently? They have some adorable sundresses that are really affordable. If I didn't already have some, I'd be shopping there!

Mrssyvo said:
My DH agreed to take the dance lessons with me ( I asked him while watching DWTS !!!!) and so I think I will wear Capri's (If I wear a dress, I run the risk of chaffing - LOL)

Chaffing - I will be packing the travel size powder with cornstarch!!! LOL!

legacypc46 said:
Promise you'll post pictures!

Of course we all will!!! Or, you might have to break down and get on Facebook and we'll all put them on there. LOL!

I better make DH promise no matter what, before we get there, because if he see's other DH not participating, he will think he has an out.

Debi said:
Have you seen the Old Navy TV commercials recently? They have some adorable sundresses that are really affordable. If I didn't already have some, I'd be shopping there!

I plan on going there next week! Of course I'll look just like the mannequin!!:p

Chef Kearns said:
I plan on going there next week! Of course I'll look just like the mannequin!!:p

Well, yea! Of course you will!!

Just squint your eyes! You won't be able to tell the difference!

My sister and I will be there :) :) I can't wait!!! We aren't doing any excursions, just hanging out by the pool all day. Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Dh and I will be there! Getting super excited. Still trying to figure the attire thing out for both of us. I have a few sudressess. I will most likely be in flip flops the whole time. (although that makes dancing a bit difficult)

Christ Follower said:
Dh and I will be there! Getting super excited. Still trying to figure the attire thing out for both of us. I have a few sudressess. I will most likely be in flip flops the whole time. (although that makes dancing a bit difficult)

Flip flops with straps!!

DH and I will be there! I just bought a couple couple of cute sundresses and tops but my plan it to lay poolside all day every day with my iPod, a book, a drink, and Debi (and anyone else who wants to sit with us and talk trash all day)

Carolyn, I will be there most days, during the day as well- Look for me- I will be the loud one!!!! I am still looking for the sundresses !!!

Is anyone planning on going to South Beach on Monday??

DebbieJ said:

When are you due, I think we are really close, I am about 16 weeks pregnant.
Also I don't know about your area, but here Target,and Old Navy have Maternity, Kohls, Macy's(they carry Motherhood Maternity), and Gap. I hope you can find some things, I hate buying summer maternity!

dannyzmom said:
DH and I will be there! I just bought a couple couple of cute sundresses and tops but my plan it to lay poolside all day every day with my iPod, a book, a drink, and Debi (and anyone else who wants to sit with us and talk trash all day)

And our phones so we can keep up with Facebook! LOL!

DH and I are doing South Beach, just not sure when, we can hang with you, I was really hoping that DH woudl go golfing, but he does not want to go alone

I definitely want to go to South Beach at some point also. I'm sure we'll go Monday to take advantage of the transportation being provided.

We all need to exchange cell #'s so we can be sure to all meet up at some point. Jennifer, I have yours still from leadership.

chefkugler said:
We all need to exchange cell #'s so we can be sure to all meet up at some point. Jennifer, I have yours still from leadership.

Good point. Mine is 740-358-1391

If everyone wants to send me their First, Last name and Cell phone, I will type up a list for everyone.

mine is 630-247-9455 , DH is 708-790-4539.

Mrssyvo said:
mine is 630-247-9455 , DH is 708-790-4539.

What's your first/last name?

Sorry, Sue Syverson

cincychef said:
When are you due, I think we are really close, I am about 16 weeks pregnant.
Also I don't know about your area, but here Target,and Old Navy have Maternity, Kohls, Macy's(they carry Motherhood Maternity), and Gap. I hope you can find some things, I hate buying summer maternity!

I am 17 weeks now.

Yes, all those stores have things but have VERY VERY VERY little selection and have NOTHING for summer yet. Well, Target had ONE, yes ONE style of maternity shorts and that was it!

We are still deciding where to eat on Monday and that will determine our South Beach plans. Yes, we plan our vacations around restaurants.

Jeff from Top Chef cooks at the DiLido Beach Club at the Ritz Carlton, but they only do lunch on Tuesday. So we're still figuring that out.

Debi said:
And our phones so we can keep up with Facebook! LOL!

Well, duh! That goes w/o saying! LOL

<h2> Who all is going on the Miami trip? </h2><p> As of now, we have confirmed attendance from Deb, Linda, and myself. However, there may be others who have not yet RSVP'd. </p><h2> Is anyone interested in having their husband join for a round of golf? </h2><p> We are still looking for a husband to join for golf. If anyone is interested, please let us know as soon as possible. </p><h2> I really don't want to go on the Everglades tour. Can I opt out? </h2><p> We understand that not everyone may be interested in the Everglades tour. If you would like to opt out, please let us know and we can make alternative arrangements for you. </p><h2> How much time do we have left until the Miami trip? </h2><p> We are just over 1 week away from the trip! Time is flying by, so make sure you have everything you need and are ready to go. </p><h2> Can we get a list of everyone who is going on the trip? </h2><p> We respect the privacy of our attendees and do not disclose personal information without consent. However, if you would like to connect with others attending the trip, we can facilitate introductions. Just let us know who you would like to connect with. </p>

Who all is going on the Miami trip?

As of now, we have confirmed attendance from Deb, Linda, and myself. However, there may be others who have not yet RSVP'd.

Is anyone interested in having their husband join for a round of golf?

We are still looking for a husband to join for golf. If anyone is interested, please let us know as soon as possible.

I really don't want to go on the Everglades tour. Can I opt out?

We understand that not everyone may be interested in the Everglades tour. If you would like to opt out, please let us know and we can make alternative arrangements for you.

How much time do we have left until the Miami trip?

We are just over 1 week away from the trip! Time is flying by, so make sure you have everything you need and are ready to go.

Can we get a list of everyone who is going on the trip?

We respect the privacy of our attendees and do not disclose personal information without consent. However, if you would like to connect with others attending the trip, we can facilitate introductions. Just let us know who you would like to connect with.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kelly8
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies
Views
pcgogetter
  • ahammons
  • General Chat