• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Chicken Lasagna Question

In summary, the pampered not perfect comment is a cute way to remind guests that their job is to taste the food, not to look at how it looks.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
We made this at a cluster meeting a few months ago and had problems using the new saute tongs for dipping the tortillas (they kept tearing) and wound-up using our fingers. What do ya'll do for this step?

I used white corn tortillas which seemed more sturdy but the tortillas were slipping through the tongs after they were dipped. I would use my fingers at home but at a cooking show is a different story.

That was exactly what my director did with this recipe. The tongs were ripping the tortillas so she used her fingers.

I found if I put most of the tortilla in the tongs it worked better.

This is a good time to remind people you are pampered not perfect. And that the tongs work well to pick up the pieces.

I have yet to use my tongs for this. I let one of my consultants borrow them, and just got them back last week!

I had the same thing happen. I will try Holly's tip and see if that helps

The Chef's Tongs work better, because they grip a larger area on the tortilla, reducing the stress.

I used the small bamboo tongs and they worked well.

I feel the same way, but then again I remind the guests that it is lasagna and its not how it looks but how it tastes.
I like the comment that we are Pampered not Perfect!! Gonna steal that for tonights show

I use the Chef tongs loke Ann. They work great!

I have done this several times. Guests can't seem to get it right but if you hold the tongs vertical instead of a little sideways where the tortilla is rolled over the top it works better. Hold the tongs the same direction as the tortilla basically. Also, heard this at a meeting, "I'm Pampered, not perfect. If you want to do my job talk to me after the show!" Thought that was cute.

I am with Ann on this as well - I don't like the saute tongs for this at all - (love them for shrimp though) - Chef tongs - and they are more useful in my eyes anyway - all the chefs are using them -

PamperedDor said:
I am with Ann on this as well - I don't like the saute tongs for this at all - (love them for shrimp though) - Chef tongs - and they are more useful in my eyes anyway - all the chefs are using them -

LOL that is funny...

What are the ingredients for Mexican Chicken Lasagna?

Mexican Chicken Lasagna typically includes ingredients such as chicken, corn tortillas, black beans, salsa, cheese, and various spices like cumin and chili powder.

Can I substitute the chicken for another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken for ground beef, shredded beef, or even tofu for a vegetarian option.

How long does it take to make Mexican Chicken Lasagna?

The cooking time for Mexican Chicken Lasagna is usually around 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the specific recipe and oven temperature.

Can I make Mexican Chicken Lasagna ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can assemble the lasagna ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until you are ready to bake it. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly if the lasagna is cold.

Can I use store-bought salsa for Mexican Chicken Lasagna?

Yes, you can use store-bought salsa, but homemade salsa will give the dish a fresher and more authentic flavor. You can also adjust the spiciness of the salsa to your preference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
scrappergirl7