• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Chicken Lasagna question

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
We made this at a cluster meeting a few months ago and had problems using the new saute tongs for dipping the tortillas (they kept tearing) and wound-up using our fingers. What do ya'll do for this step?

DessertDivaFL

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2008
I used white corn tortillas which seemed more sturdy but the tortillas were slipping through the tongs after they were dipped. I would use my fingers at home but at a cooking show is a different story.

sk8rgrrl99

Jun 12, 2008
That was exactly what my director did with this recipe. The tongs were ripping the tortillas so she used her fingers.

BlessedWifeMommy

Veteran Member
Oct 15, 2008
I found if I put most of the tortilla in the tongs it worked better.

This is a good time to remind people you are pampered not perfect. And that the tongs work well to pick up the pieces.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I have yet to use my tongs for this. I let one of my consultants borrow them, and just got them back last week!

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
The Chef's Tongs work better, because they grip a larger area on the tortilla, reducing the stress.

Aunticooks

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2009
I feel the same way, but then again I remind the guests that it is lasagna and its not how it looks but how it tastes.
I like the comment that we are Pampered not Perfect!! Gonna steal that for tonights show

AudraKYPCLady

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2009
I have done this several times. Guests can't seem to get it right but if you hold the tongs vertical instead of a little sideways where the tortilla is rolled over the top it works better. Hold the tongs the same direction as the tortilla basically. Also, heard this at a meeting, "I'm Pampered, not perfect. If you want to do my job talk to me after the show!" Thought that was cute.

PamperedDor

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2008
I am with Ann on this as well - I don't like the saute tongs for this at all - (love them for shrimp though) - Chef tongs - and they are more useful in my eyes anyway - all the chefs are using them -