1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Mexican Chicken Lasagna question

1. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

We made this at a cluster meeting a few months ago and had problems using the new saute tongs for dipping the tortillas (they kept tearing) and wound-up using our fingers. What do ya'll do for this step?

2. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

I used white corn tortillas which seemed more sturdy but the tortillas were slipping through the tongs after they were dipped. I would use my fingers at home but at a cooking show is a different story.

3. sk8rgrrl99

sk8rgrrl99 Member

That was exactly what my director did with this recipe. The tongs were ripping the tortillas so she used her fingers.

May 6, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I found if I put most of the tortilla in the tongs it worked better.

This is a good time to remind people you are pampered not perfect. And that the tongs work well to pick up the pieces.

5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I have yet to use my tongs for this. I let one of my consultants borrow them, and just got them back last week!

May 6, 2009
  6. Lifeat50

Lifeat50 Member

I had the same thing happen. I will try Holly's tip and see if that helps

May 6, 2009
  7. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

The Chef's Tongs work better, because they grip a larger area on the tortilla, reducing the stress.

May 6, 2009
  8. floccies

floccies Member

I used the small bamboo tongs and they worked well.

May 6, 2009
  9. Aunticooks

Aunticooks Member Gold Member

I feel the same way, but then again I remind the guests that it is lasagna and its not how it looks but how it tastes.
    I like the comment that we are Pampered not Perfect!! Gonna steal that for tonights show

May 6, 2009
  10. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

I use the Chef tongs loke Ann. They work great!

11. AudraKYPCLady

AudraKYPCLady Novice Member

I have done this several times. Guests can't seem to get it right but if you hold the tongs vertical instead of a little sideways where the tortilla is rolled over the top it works better. Hold the tongs the same direction as the tortilla basically. Also, heard this at a meeting, "I'm Pampered, not perfect. If you want to do my job talk to me after the show!" Thought that was cute.

12. PamperedDor

PamperedDor Senior Member Gold Member

I am with Ann on this as well - I don't like the saute tongs for this at all - (love them for shrimp though) - Chef tongs - and they are more useful in my eyes anyway - all the chefs are using them -

May 6, 2009
  13. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

LOL that is funny...

Have something to add?