1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Merrill sizes

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I really want to get the pink HWC cotton polo shirt. I can't seem to find my measuring tape to check my size. Anyone know how their sizes run. I am typically an XL at most places (size 16-18) If it's a clingy shirt, I get the 18. What do you think I should get with Merrill?

Mar 20, 2009
  2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

The sizing with Merrill is all over the map. They get their garments from different manufacturers, so each one is different.

Mar 20, 2009
  3. babywings76

Is anyone familiar with the fit of this HWC shirt? Is it clingy?

The other thing I hate is how things shrink after you wash them. I get so mad when I buy shirts that are long enough to cover my middle well, only to have them shrink and look terrible later. So...I'm wondering how long these shirts are.

Mar 20, 2009
  4. babywings76

I know, I know....beating a dead horse here...

But is anyone else out there like me? Body shows signs that I've had 4 kids (tummy trouble), size 18--the size that sometimes you have to shop at the plus size store, but other times the regular store? I just don't know if I am an XL or XXL (1x) for Merrill. I want to get the pink HWC shirt and also the short-sleeve U neck shirt. Any help out there?

Okay, this is totally embarrassing that I'm telling all of you what size I am...

Mar 24, 2009
  5. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

You're talking about the pink polo shirt? I typically wear a size 8-10 and I got this one in a Med. It fits just fine. The 3/4 sleeve button-up blouses I have to get in a Large since they are more fitted and I have broad shoulders. The s/s scoop and v-neck T's I can wear in a Med. The standard T-shirt I can wear either a M or L. I don't like my clothes to be clingy so I'm kind of particular about sizing. The Yoga set I got the pants in a M and the jacket in a L. I probably could have gotten the pants in a S as they tend to grow while you wear them.

At conf I try on as much of the Merrill samples as I can so I know what sizes to buy later. their sizing is all over the chart.

HTH

Mar 24, 2009
  6. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Got 1 last year, but I was lighter...it was an XL it fit a little snug. Got a new 1 this year its an XXL it will fit good. But it does run a little snug. HTH.....:)

Mar 24, 2009
  7. kaseydee

kaseydee Veteran Member Gold Member

I just got the new HWC polo in b/c it was backordered. I got a medium b/c I didn't know & I wished I had picked the small just b/c I think it would be a little better fit. I usually do a Small or Medium 2,4 or 6 just depends b/c I shrink EVERYTHING b/c I put EVERYTHING in the dryer. :) Know I'm not suppose to but I HATE to iron. :) So, long story short I think the polo runs pretty true to size. Also, it is 100% pima cotton if that helps. I haven't washed mine yet, I just took it out of the plastic to look at it for your question.

Mar 24, 2009
  8. babywings76

Thanks for the feedback guys! I appreciate it. I went ahead and ordered them (got the bigger sizes). Cross your fingers that they fit okay! :)

Mar 24, 2009
  9. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

You'll be better off with it.

Mar 24, 2009
Have something to add?