• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Merrill HWC Jacket: Should I Order a Large or XL?

In summary, the Merrill HWC jacket is a debate for some, but the sizing may be similar to the black pullover jacket. People's favorite polos are the unisex versions. People who suffer from perimenopausal hot flashes find the shirt to be too heavy and the colors unappealing. However, they do offer short sleeved shirts.
chefsteph07
Is anyone ordering the Merrill HWC jacket?
I am really debating about it, but I"m wondering how to size..I am usually a Large, but don't know if I should order XL..I don't have much experience w/ them and their sizing...would it be the same as the black pullover jacket?

I'm sorry I can't answer your question because I don't have the jacket, as I look like dog droppings in the color pink, but I also have a question about Merrill's clothing. What is everyone's favorites? I only have the Yellow V-Neck and hate it! Are any of the other's better than this one?

Debala715 said:
I'm sorry I can't answer your question because I don't have the jacket, as I look like dog droppings in the color pink, but I also have a question about Merrill's clothing. What is everyone's favorites? I only have the Yellow V-Neck and hate it! Are any of the other's better than this one?

I have all thier T-Shirts & they are true to size & very good quality. Now about the Polo Shirts....last year at Conference I bought the Black one & fits great(a little thin though) so I decided to get the Blue one & it runs smaller & shorter!:eek: I'm dying to get the new HWC shirt, but in the pic it looks like it runs small, I would just like to know how small....:rolleyes:

Ginger428 said:
I have all thier T-Shirts & they are true to size & very good quality. Now about the Polo Shirts....last year at Conference I bought the Black one & fits great(a little thin though) so I decided to get the Blue one & it runs smaller & shorter!:eek: I'm dying to get the new HWC shirt, but in the pic it looks like it runs small, I would just like to know how small....:rolleyes:
Do you have the scoop neck t's? I bought the HWC shirt in a Med and I think the sizing is comparable to the scoop shirt. I usually wear anything from a 6 to a 10 (sizing is just not fun!) and I wear a Med in these shirts. I also have the 3/4 sleeve button shirt and I had to get a large in it.

Oh, and I forgot to say that it is a little on the short side....which makes me very happy as I'm short and this one isn't too long on me. The sccop neck shirts are a little bit too long.

Debala715 said:

Why do you hate it? Sizing or color?

pamperedlinda said:
Do you have the scoop neck t's? I bought the HWC shirt in a Med and I think the sizing is comparable to the scoop shirt. I usually wear anything from a 6 to a 10 (sizing is just not fun!) and I wear a Med in these shirts. I also have the 3/4 sleeve button shirt and I had to get a large in it.

The Ts I have are the crew neck...red,black & lavender. The HWC shirt you bought is this years?

I suffer with terrible perimenopausal hot flashes, and this shirt is of a heavier fabric, so even though it's short sleeved it's too warm for me. The color is okay, better than the other color they offered, but I hate most of the colors of the shirts they offer. Pale colors make me look totally washed out, so I tend to go for rich jewel tone clothing.Besides which, they don't offer enough in short sleeved shirts. I'm hoping now that warmer weather is coming they will offer more in the way of short sleeves.

Debala715 said:
I suffer with terrible perimenopausal hot flashes, and this shirt is of a heavier fabric, so even though it's short sleeved it's too warm for me. The color is okay, better than the other color they offered, but I hate most of the colors of the shirts they offer. Pale colors make me look totally washed out, so I tend to go for rich jewel tone clothing.

Besides which, they don't offer enough in short sleeved shirts. I'm hoping now that warmer weather is coming they will offer more in the way of short sleeves.

The polos they have, 1 in black & the other in blue, they are on the unisex pages...they are pretty thin. HTH

I have the windbreaker & it is true to size.

Ginger428 said:
The Ts I have are the crew neck...red,black & lavender. The HWC shirt you bought is this years?
Yes, this years. I think the shirt measurements are posted on the Merril site, that's why I went with the Med.

pamperedlinda said:
Yes, this years. I think the shirt measurements are posted on the Merril site, that's why I went with the Med.

Great! Thanks for the info, Did you also see the 3/4 sleeved In Pink,Lavender& Red? They look like they might run small....hmmmmm

Ginger428 said:
Great! Thanks for the info, Did you also see the 3/4 sleeved In Pink,Lavender& Red? They look like they might run small....hmmmmm
I'm going to go look right now.

chefsteph07 said:
Is anyone ordering the Merrill HWC jacket?
I am really debating about it, but I"m wondering how to size..I am usually a Large, but don't know if I should order XL..I don't have much experience w/ them and their sizing...would it be the same as the black pullover jacket?

From the looks in the pic, I think it will run small, the model is really thin & it looks like it might be form fitting....HTH

That's what I thought too, about the HWC jacket, that it looked a little small...thanks!

I just got the HWC jacket. I usually wear a small, but sometimes need a medium. I ordered this in a small. I think it will be perfect for a Spring jacket, with something light underneath. It seems to be cut pretty true to size, but I think it would seem smaller if you were putting something bulkier under it. Does that make sense?

chefsteph07 said:
That's what I thought too, about the HWC jacket, that it looked a little small...thanks!

When I first saw it, I wanted it right away, but the more I looked I decided I would wait....:)

I have the 3/4 sleeve poloand I will tell you it runs small. I got the xl, and normally that would be roomy (I have a big chest so need the larger size) and it's definately form fitting. I figure ontop of my apron it's alright. But if I were to order it again - I would go up a size. It is a bit thin too. It is however a great length.

Related to Merrill HWC Jacket: Should I Order a Large or XL?

1. Should I order a large or XL size for the Merrill HWC Jacket?

Choosing the right size for your jacket can be tricky, but it's important to ensure a comfortable fit. We recommend using our size chart to determine your correct size based on your measurements. If you are in between sizes, we suggest sizing up for a looser fit or down for a more snug fit.

2. Is the Merrill HWC Jacket true to size?

Yes, the Merrill HWC Jacket is designed to be true to size. However, we always recommend referring to our size chart for the most accurate fit. Keep in mind that certain styles may have a more fitted or relaxed fit, so it's important to read the product description for more information.

3. How do I care for my Merrill HWC Jacket?

The Merrill HWC Jacket is machine washable, but we recommend following the care instructions on the label. In general, we suggest washing the jacket in cold water and tumble drying on low heat. Avoid using bleach or fabric softener, as these can damage the material and affect the jacket's performance.

4. Is the Merrill HWC Jacket waterproof?

The Merrill HWC Jacket is made with water-resistant material, but it is not completely waterproof. It will provide good protection against light rain or snow, but we do not recommend wearing it in heavy downpours. If the jacket gets wet, simply hang it up to dry before wearing it again.

5. Can I customize the Merrill HWC Jacket with my own logo?

Unfortunately, we do not offer customization services for the Merrill HWC Jacket. However, you can add personalized touches to your jacket by using our variety of iron-on patches and pins. These can be easily attached to the jacket's fabric without damaging it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
pc_jessica
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies