• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Update: Mega Scraper Production Delay - Important Information for Consultants

In summary, Home office has decided to delay the shipment of Mega Scrapers earned through the Director Benefit program and Sell-a-thon. They anticipate shipping samples after the start of the new season.
Pampered Laura said:
I'd love to tell you all about how well it's going Harriet, but I'll be roped and flamed to bits if I do that on the board. I'll PM ya with an update. ;)

Please do and I don't want to get you in trouble on here!

Pampered Laura said:
I'd love to tell you all about how well it's going Harriet, but I'll be roped and flamed to bits if I do that on the board. I'll PM ya with an update. ;)
I know you are doing Fantastically:D from your last update! Hope it keeps rollin for ya!;) Let us know when you become an ED or SED!:)

Pampered Laura said:

Well, Laura, you've picked the right thread to spill. We're all in the mood for a good thrashing!...would you prefer to be flamed using our PC skewers or would you prefer our new grilling basket? Would you like to be rubbed with one of our fine tasty rubs or would you prefer to be basted by our BBQ basting bottle?!?!?!;) When you are flamed to bits, we can then use our high quality forged cutlery to make the bits smaller!!!!:eek: :eek:
Love ya...you KNOW I wouldn't do that to you!!!

Glad that your talent and TM's talent is getting good use!!! You deserve the best.

heat123 said:
I know you are doing Fantastically:D from your last update! Hope it keeps rollin for ya!;) Let us know when you become an ED or SED!:)
LOL. Well, a few of you know... I guess you guys can spill the beans for me, but I'm skurrrrrd to. ;p

baychef said:
Well, Laura, you've picked the right thread to spill. We're all in the mood for a good thrashing!...would you prefer to be flamed using our PC skewers or would you prefer our new grilling basket? Would you like to be rubbed with one of our fine tasty rubs or would you prefer to be basted by our BBQ basting bottle?!?!?!;) When you are flamed to bits, we can then use our high quality forged cutlery to make the bits smaller!!!!:eek: :eek:

Glad that your talent and TM's talent is getting good use!!! You deserve the best.
Ooh - I love the new grill basket. I gotta get me one of those. And I've always had a fondness for the Smoky BBQ rub and the BBQ basting bottle. Sounds dirty! :D

Pampered Laura said:
Ooh - I love the new grill basket. I gotta get me one of those. And I've always had a fondness for the Smoky BBQ rub and the BBQ basting bottle. Sounds dirty! :D

My PC website is: XXXXXXXX

Just kidding...I know you have a former cluster to buy from. ;)

OK so now I'm interested to see what new venture Laura is into that is doing so well...sounds like she must just be successful at whatever she does cause from her signature line, she did quite well in her PC days too!

My mom is still a consultant (catalog consultant) so I place orders through her from my "former" customers and myself. :)

jenne said:
OK so now I'm interested to see what new venture Laura is into that is doing so well...sounds like she must just be successful at whatever she does cause from her signature line, she did quite well in her PC days too!
You're sweet - yes, PC was a fun ride while it lasted for sure! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
See - that is exactly what I was talking about. Sure - the negative garbage can continue - but then we lose people like Beth & Carolyn- who have a lot of wisdom, and successful tips for us - and who have always been willing to help and encourage other consultants, and have proven themselves to be compassionate friends.

That makes me sad.

Me too....I will be very sad if Carolyn & Beth leave; & I hope others don't leave too:( Becky I guess we need to promote so we can hang out in Director Chef Success!
Oh, & yeah, I had to come see what the fuss was about;)

Pampered Laura said:
My mom is still a consultant (catalog consultant) so I place orders through her from my "former" customers and myself. :)

I KNEW you still had many connections, but couldn't resist some humor. ;)

lacychef said:
Me too....I will be very sad if Carolyn & Beth leave; & I hope others don't leave too:( Becky I guess we need to promote so we can hang out in Director Chef Success!
Oh, & yeah, I had to come see what the fuss was about;)

LOL, Lacy!:D

Yep - Our plan is to promote.....;)

The DS is a nice thread but the basics of our business is recruiting, booking and selling (in what ever order you choose). There is a wealth of information here. But come join us! You won't be sorry!:)

janetupnorth said:
I KNEW you still had many connections, but couldn't resist some humor. ;)
And oddly enough, I like placing orders through my friends too... I'm definately not opposed to placing an order to help a fellow consultant reach a goal at the last minute. Keep me in mind if you need a little help. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL, Lacy!:D

Yep - Our plan is to promote.....;)

Definately! I should get your email Becky; so we can motivate each other!

Back when I first joined this site, my director warned how these places get so negative; but I always defended this place. Now? Hmmmm....

Oh, & the PACKERS are going to win the Super Bowl, btw!:p

Pampered Laura said:
And oddly enough, I like placing orders through my friends too... I'm definately not opposed to placing an order to help a fellow consultant reach a goal at the last minute. Keep me in mind if you need a little help. :)
Hey, now we're all going to keep you in mind for that, LOL!

Hey, did you ever post your Hollywood pics you talked about?

baychef said:

Well now yer gittin' all kinky and whatnot! Dirty girl!

lacychef said:
Hey, now we're all going to keep you in mind for that, LOL!

Hey, did you ever post your Hollywood pics you talked about?
Totally - I don't mind getting emails or phone calls asking for help. I've been there and would have loved to have a friend I knew I could count on for any size order every now and then. I honestly don't mind if it's someone I care about from here! :)

Tom's a big dork and left his camera at his Quarter Auction this week. He's getting it back and will email the pics to me ASAP. I'll definately post a few on here when he gets them to me. :D

dannyzmom said:
I have that affect. :blushing:
LOL.

dannyzmom said:

:D :D That would be me!!!! Potty mind!!:D :D

Pampered Laura said:

I wish I would have know that...I was about $4,500 short from making level 3 and had I known, I would have called you for an order!!!!

Yeah...you like the rubs, but I bet you like our oils too!!!:eek: :rolleyes:

I know Ann! She could have spent $2000 for me to earn the cruise too;)

I'd have totally ordered to help you miss Ann! Dunno about the $4500 order, but definately something to help ya. :)
LOL. I'm gonna get like 100 emails every December now. ;)

lacychef said:
I know Ann! She could have spent $2000 for me to earn the cruise too;)
When I left PC I had already earned the cruise... I wish they would have let me transfer it to someone else instead. :(

Pampered Laura said:
I'd have totally ordered to help you miss Ann! Dunno about the $4500 order, but definately something to help ya. :)
LOL. I'm gonna get like 100 emails every December now. ;)

Well I REALLY want Level 3 this year so expect a call December 30th and have a big a$$ order ready!!! :D Darn, I'd be giving you an entire 24 hours to order by midnight Dec. 31st!!! Actually, I plan on pacing myself better this year!!!

So sad about the cruise.:(

Pampered Laura said:
LOL. Well, a few of you know... I guess you guys can spill the beans for me, but I'm skurrrrrd to. ;p
okay, so you better pm me or e-mail me cause now I'm annoyed that I don't know!:grumpy: LOL!:D ;)

Cathy! You know I love you! I have just been spilling it to those that ask me privately, because I can't just freely inform people. I cant get in trouble with PC anymore (LOL), but it's just not an ethical thing to freely offer that kind of news to someone who doesnt ask. I don't want to hurt YOUR business by telling you about mine. KWIM? :)

Pampered Laura said:
Cathy! You know I love you! I have just been spilling it to those that ask me privately, because I can't just freely inform people. I cant get in trouble with PC anymore (LOL), but it's just not an ethical thing to freely offer that kind of news to someone who doesnt ask. I don't want to hurt YOUR business by telling you about mine. KWIM? :)

Laura - I just have to say thank you for honoring that. I know there was a lot of tension at first with the switch and you were SOOOO excited (rightfully) and a little concerned with things on the other end. We are all excited for your success wherever it is, but do need to be excited about and protect our businesses. :)

I have refrained from posting today so that I could reflect on what transpired yesterday after I posted as was so deftly pointed out by some of you for only the sixth time. While I have been a consultant for over four years, I have not posted often but instead used this site as a source of information. If I needed a flyer I knew that one of you had already came up with a gem that would save me time and effort. As conference rolled around and my excitement was building for the trip, I would read the posts of my sister consultants and feel a bond over our excitement over new products and promotions.

I no longer feel that bond. I don't care to be a part of a community that shuns and belittles their members for a differing opinion. As far as the kool-aide comment is concerned, I do not know what transpired in the past regarding that term. I used it as it is my opinion that instead of perhaps understanding the concern, I received comments that glossed over the problem and did not show any understanding of my frustration. I understand that negativity can grow on these boards, but it is not as though my comment was invalid or one that was crazy. Pampered Chef has meant many things to my family as well. It has been a great source of income and a creative outlet for me to share this opportunity.

Carolyn, I hope that another consultant shares this post with you as I am not sure that you will receive it now that I am ignored. I want you to know that I have decided that I no longer wish to be a part of a community that treats others the way you treated me. I will be contacting my director and home office to let them know that I no longer will be a PC consultant. I will make sure that my director and PC know why I have made this decision. I am sure that my director will be thrilled that yours and others nasty remarks lost her a seasoned consultant. Perhaps in the future you will think before you pick on and gang up on a sister consultant.

Wow, you're really going to give up 4 years w/PC over a little disagreement? All I can say is wow; I hope you think it through.

They're not all like that Colechef, don't let the ones with pitchforks run you off. Pampered Chef is a good company - but like any other - there are some bad apples that stink so much they ruin the smell of the remaining orchard. KWIM?
Don't give them the satisfaction of taking PC away from you and your success away from your Director. Best way to shut em up is to succeed in what you're doing. Been there done that. ;)

Don't let them run you off. I sent you a pm. We are here to encourage, support and help each other. We all have bad days, different opinions, and can sometimes be discouragers instead of encouragers. There are plenty of people here to encourage you along the way. Don't give up on your business because of this.

Shawnna said:
once again things seem to have gotten out of hand on here. All she was doing is venting to us...her fellow consultants. Better here than at a show. She has a right to be upset. And yes, you have a right to disagree. But when someone starts bashing you as soon as you "say" something they consider negative you tend to "get your claws out" and bash back. I did not feel she was having a fit about not getting her scraper. I thought she was just telling us how she felt. She probably would have calmed down if someone had just said "I know how you feel. I am disappointed too. But we'll get through it together because we work for a great company. Hopefully they will get production going quickly in order for us to have plenty to sell and get for ourselves". It is hard to tell what people mean sometimes when it is written out instead of told to you directly.

Perhaps the Kool-Aid comment was uncalled for, but when we get into arguments we tend to say things we don't mean that are uncalled for...sometimes we say them knowing it is going to hurt the other person.

I did not read the Kool-Aid thread. I think it was called "Why I drank the Kool-Aid". I thought the thread was about why you joined PC and why you love it. I see now that it must have been about something else. I choose not to read it.

This is a great place for us to vent to each other and to support each other. We all gather great info here. I do not agree with everything HO does. I do not agree with everything other consultants do. But SO WHAT!! It is there choice. But I must say as a person who works with children I sometimes feel like I have walked into the pre-school classroom and all I am hearing is "did to...did not...you started it..did not...I don't like you anymore...You are not my friend anymore!"

I never mean to insult or degrade anyone. I always try to be Christ-like in my attitude and post. Sometimes I have a bad day and probably say things I wouldn't say on a different day. We all have those days. I realize that not everyone on here is a Christian. I also realize that all the Christians on here have different lifestyles, interpretations and beliefs. I realize that not everyone on here even believes in God. Am I offended by that? NO. We are all different. We have to get along. I must say that if you can't get along with me here on Earth, what are you going to do when we get to Heaven? Because I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that I am going to be there!! I am not trying to make this into a religious thread because it is not. I am just posting my feelings and hope I can help someone else in the long run.

DIDDO! This is what I have tried to say many times, but you did such a better job.

Some great quotes from our book from Fed Ex (How did they know we would need some of these?).

As important as "hanging on" is knowing when to "let go." - Sherri Dewitt

The perception of a problem is always relative.. Your headache feels terrific to the druggist. - Ramona E. F. Arnett

When you make a mountain out of a molehill, you have to climb it. - Sue Sikking

I thing we're here for each other. - Carol Burnett

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. - Oprah Winfrey

baychef said:
:D :D That would be me!!!! Potty mind!!:D :D

...precisely why I love ya so much!!
:::smooch::::

I can't believe this all started because of a scraper!!!

People really need to take all this "passion" and be putting towards there business:chef:

I PM'd colechef too. I hope she reads it.If there is anything we learn from this experience, I hope that we learn to build one another up rather than tear one another down.Rennea ... I love the way you spell your name! I spell my middle name Ranee!

My daugthers name is spelled Rene! ;)

Di_Can_Cook said:
Rennea ... I love the way you spell your name! I spell my middle name Ranee!

Thanks, my Nana made it up!! I hated it as a kid, but now it's nice having a name that's different.

It's pronounced Ren-nay-a. So many people have trouble saying it I answer to almost anything:D

Mine is pronounced like Renee but my mom didn't know how to spell it. My sister calls it "rainy."

colechef said:
I have refrained from posting today so that I could reflect on what transpired yesterday after I posted as was so deftly pointed out by some of you for only the sixth time. While I have been a consultant for over four years, I have not posted often but instead used this site as a source of information. If I needed a flyer I knew that one of you had already came up with a gem that would save me time and effort. As conference rolled around and my excitement was building for the trip, I would read the posts of my sister consultants and feel a bond over our excitement over new products and promotions.

I no longer feel that bond. I don't care to be a part of a community that shuns and belittles their members for a differing opinion. As far as the kool-aide comment is concerned, I do not know what transpired in the past regarding that term. I used it as it is my opinion that instead of perhaps understanding the concern, I received comments that glossed over the problem and did not show any understanding of my frustration. I understand that negativity can grow on these boards, but it is not as though my comment was invalid or one that was crazy. Pampered Chef has meant many things to my family as well. It has been a great source of income and a creative outlet for me to share this opportunity.

Carolyn, I hope that another consultant shares this post with you as I am not sure that you will receive it now that I am ignored. I want you to know that I have decided that I no longer wish to be a part of a community that treats others the way you treated me. I will be contacting my director and home office to let them know that I no longer will be a PC consultant. I will make sure that my director and PC know why I have made this decision. I am sure that my director will be thrilled that yours and others nasty remarks lost her a seasoned consultant. Perhaps in the future you will think before you pick on and gang up on a sister consultant.

I have refrained from commenting on this since I read it earlier but I feel I now need to, it's been bugging me...

I read this and find it pretty sad. It reads to me like you are quitting PC over this issue and not feeling "a bond" with other consultants over this one incident. I'm sorry, I view that decision as short-sided and immature. If I did this in the business world, I wouldn't make it. You didn't validate my opinion and feelings so I quit - you can't even imagine how many times in 1 day I face that at work. You have to suck it up and make the wise decision for your family. I don't know a SINGLE person in this world who can get along with everyone else. We are created different for a reason.

You say people glazed over your concern, well, they have just as much right to glaze over your concern and you did glazing over their understanding of the companies decision and the respect for our customers.

...and the part about your director being thrilled that comments will have lost her a seasoned consultant? I'm sorry, this isn't personal as an attack on you, I'm analyzing the situation, but how childish? I truly feel like this has become a Jr. High chic fight. You hurt my feelings so I'm going to run tell the teacher and quit so it is your fault I quit, not my own for making the decision over something little. UGH!

If you read my previous posts on this topic, I fully understood the company's perspective and happen to agree with them overall. I'm sorry my fellow consultants do not get one item in time, but stuff happens. I personally think you should just all put your big girl panties on, get over the situation and move on. Don't make any harsh decisions and don't threaten to change your job and life due to a Mega Scraper...now a Santuko Knife maybe, but a Mega Scraper, come on?

I don't think anyone should be quitting PC over this and although some harsher comments were made on one side, they were stirred up knowingly or not. Such is the online world. You chose to be here, so chose to handle when something harsh happens. The arguments have been skewed against the "harsher comments", but I also view "drinking the Kool-Aid" as pretty harsh, that equates to not being able to think for yourself and there are many HIGHLY educated people here!

So, let's all quit PMSing and move on to selling these Mega Scrapers so ALL our customers get one before us!!!!

Shawnna - I also agree with what you said. Often when conflicts occur things are termed as not Christian-like. I KNOW I cannot hold others to my standards, most do not believe as I do. We should encourage and support, but there is also a line. When someone makes it a he-said, she-said, I cannot support a pity party.

I hope people continue to come here for ideas and the conflicts are minimal.

I also hope that when fights occur, people realize all are human and in a cyber-world and if someone says they are a Christian, it is a broad term, and people are different so they may not living by the standards we think they are.

It is really hard to understand the person behind their words in forums like this. That is why the forum I moderate specifically won't let its posters personally attack one another. Address the argument, not the person, that's the rule over there.A lot of us say things to one another on here that we would NEVER say face to face. Others mean something different but are misunderstood when we put it in writing.I really hope you'll stay in the biz, and with us. A fraction of PC consultants post on this site, and a smaller fraction of CS posters posted in here!

heat123 said:
My daugthers name is spelled Rene! ;)
and my daughter's middle name is Renae. I wanted to go spell it Renea, but my MIL ruined that one for me! She kept saying Ren-e-a, she couldn't get it through her head that it was pronounced Re-na with a long a! So we decided to spell it the way we did, so that I didn't end up knocking her out over it!:grumpy: :D :blushing: LOL! Otherwise, most of the time I really do enjoy my MIL!

Last edited:
Di_Can_Cook said:
It is really hard to understand the person behind their words in forums like this. That is why the forum I moderate specifically won't let its posters personally attack one another. Address the argument, not the person, that's the rule over there.

A lot of us say things to one another on here that we would NEVER say face to face. Others mean something different but are misunderstood when we put it in writing.

I really hope you'll stay in the biz, and with us. A fraction of PC consultants post on this site, and a smaller fraction of Chef Success posters posted in here!

I did send her a PM too, because although I understand the company's side of things, I understand her disappointment.

I don't think it is wise to make a job change (which PC is) for your family over a situation such as this. I truly hope she doesn't quit over something like this. Especially after 4 years. It is winter, when people get moody or the blues, women always get emotional...just not something to make rash decisions over!

Well, I need to go to bed...have a good night all!

good night, Janet, good posts, btw, I agree.;) :balloon:

Pampered Laura said:
You're not hurting my business! Plus, I'm interested as a friend, not anything else! You and I have corresponded, by MY CHOICE, AND REQUEST, and you know my feelings. I don't think you'd be trying to sway me, but I AM interested in you success because I love ya too! :love:
I just wanted you to tell me personally! You know I keep in touch! And btw, I have been so happy to see you on here so much lately, you have been missed....dearly! So now go e-mail and tell me because I'm interested in you as my friend!;) :balloon:

Carolyn!
MissChef said:
aaahhhhh!!!! no! Dang it, how long do I have until I HAVE to promote to director to be able to still talk to you, Carolyn?!!!!!;) I do have a recruit interview today! I think I'll sign her!!!!:D :D That makes 4! I need to get out and recruit, I've got to be on director's chef success!!!;)
I'm one step closer to joining you at the directors chef success!!. I recruited a girl that was a host in October, and she is a perfect example of why we follow up on those leads!! She was a "not now" lead in October, but now her whole life has changed and she needs PC!! I just let her talk about how she thinks she would do so good and validated her thoughts. I sat back and just encouraged her and watched her talk herself into doing the business! I think she will do really well, she's a spit fire, and I just love :love: people like that! They are such and inspiration, and a reminder as to why I love PC! Anyway, I just wanted to share! I might start a thread about it! Because I'm just so dang happy! :D

Last edited:
Good job Cathy!! You go girl!! What a great way to start the new year.

Now I'm gonna go drink my Koo...uhhh, coffee (sorry, bad joke) and have a pity party because my new year's business STINKS!! My life is too busy to work my PC business and my catalog show that was suppose to close the first of the month seems to have a MIA host. Won't answer email and no answering machine at home. No tablecloth for me and a bad January to boot.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :grumpy:

Colechef, I just want to make sure that I am understanding what you are saying.

PC means a lot to your family for many important reasons. You hold value to the products and enjoy the business. It fits well into your family and life. And there are still so many good resourses that you have used on this site that have saved you time and helped grow your business.

And you are now ready to give all of that up?

You are entitled to be disappointed and upset about not receiveing your $16.50 scraper. As others are entitled to disagree. Words and passions rose. Hurtful words were exchanged on BOTH sides of the issue.

There has been FAR MORE sympathy and understanding given to you than harsh words. It has been posted several times..."we understand your disappointment. We are disappointed too." Janet explained very well about the process of how PC gets their products.

But you are really going to quit? I honestly believe that there are other issues that are upsetting you about the PC business. Perhaps your director would help you with the real reasons that make you feel the need to quit.

I will comment no further on this subject. This dead horse has been beaten so bad that we could make purses with the leather. I will comment on other things, but not this subject. We have tried to change the subject, we have offered encouragement and so much more.

I vote to kill this thread...so I hear a second to the motion?

<h2>1. Why is there a delay in the shipment of Mega Scrapers?</h2><p>The delay is due to production issues that have now been resolved. However, there is still a shortage of Mega Scrapers available for shipment.</p><h2>2. Will the delay affect my ability to earn Mega Scrapers through the Director Benefit program and Sell-a-thon?</h2><p>Yes, the shipment of Mega Scrapers earned through these programs will also be delayed.</p><h2>3. What about sample orders?</h2><p>Fulfillment of sample orders will also be delayed at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.</p><h2>4. When can we expect the Mega Scrapers to be shipped?</h2><p>We do not have an exact date at this time, but we will send an email with an updated shipping date as soon as possible.</p><h2>5. How can we still sell the Mega Scraper at our Cooking Shows?</h2><p>You can use the catalog photo on page 22 to showcase the product and explain its features. Additionally, you can use the Micro Scraper and Master Scraper to demonstrate the high quality and strength of the Mega Scraper.</p>

1. Why is there a delay in the shipment of Mega Scrapers?

The delay is due to production issues that have now been resolved. However, there is still a shortage of Mega Scrapers available for shipment.

2. Will the delay affect my ability to earn Mega Scrapers through the Director Benefit program and Sell-a-thon?

Yes, the shipment of Mega Scrapers earned through these programs will also be delayed.

3. What about sample orders?

Fulfillment of sample orders will also be delayed at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

4. When can we expect the Mega Scrapers to be shipped?

We do not have an exact date at this time, but we will send an email with an updated shipping date as soon as possible.

5. How can we still sell the Mega Scraper at our Cooking Shows?

You can use the catalog photo on page 22 to showcase the product and explain its features. Additionally, you can use the Micro Scraper and Master Scraper to demonstrate the high quality and strength of the Mega Scraper.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
Replies
Views
esavvymom