• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maybe I Missed the News - Baby?

In summary, the conversation was about Nikki and her baby. Some members of the group were wondering how she and the baby were doing since she went in for a hospital visit. They shared their well wishes and prayers for her. Nikki provided an update on her situation, sharing that the baby was still in the breech position and she was experiencing prodromal labor. She also mentioned her struggles with hip issues during pregnancy. The group continued to offer support and prayers for her and her baby's health.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Ok, does anyone have any information about Nikki since she went in? Boy/girl? When? Everyone doing o.k.?

Anything?

janetupnorth said:
Ok, does anyone have any information about Nikki since she went in? Boy/girl? When? Everyone doing o.k.?

Anything?
Does anyone know her well enough to give her a call? My prayers are with her that all is good.

I was wondering the same thing - I hope everything is ok!!

Great minds think alike! I was thinking that this morning!!:)

pamperedalf said:
Great minds think alike! I was thinking that this morning!!:)

Hopefully we're all great minds! ;)

I just sent her a message through her PC website saying that many here are wondering how she and baby are and hopefully she can update us!

She had the baby a few days ago, right? I've been out of the loop for the past 5 days!:eek:

One morning this week, she was on before heading to the hospital. She told two who had birthdays on Chefsuccess, that they would have to share their
birthdate with her SON. I've looked everyday since, with no messages from
her or her family. Prayers for them are sure on my heart, too.

I do know the day she posted she was in labor, the labor stopped and he was breech again but I havent seen anything since I am hoping we do and that everything goos smoothly

I sent her a note through her site and got an e-mail back because my # wasn't on the message - sent a note back that we're anxious to know how she and baby are doing...will post if she answers through e-mail - anxious to here! I hope all are healthy!

The posting I saw was two or three days after that. Probably Feb. 28 or March 1st. Do the two birthday people this week, on the same day, recall the message I am referring to? It was posted about 9:30 in the morning.

I remember the hospital thread because I asked why she was on CS in labor. She laughed and said this wasn't her first...don't remember much after that...

Okay..well...sorry I haven't posted, but thanks for your prayers.

Our current update is as follows:

As of Thursday (at my reg. doctor's appt.), he was head down again (thank God!). I don't believe he's turned again, based on some movement patterns I've been able to identify with all the flipping going on. I can't really feel WHEN he flips, but I have noticed that he is WAY more active when he is head up (breach) than when he is head down.

I was really hoping that if he was breach on Thursday, that they would just induce me...not my first choice, but better to be induced than to have a c-section. But, he is/was too high for induction. There would be a high chance of failure resulting in an emergency c-section, which nobody wants!

So, doctor said stay on your feet as much as possible, and DON'T LAY DOWN. I sleep in my rocker recliner anyways because of hip issues during pregnancy, so not laying down wasn't a problem, but because of said hip issues the walking thing is tough! We've done lots at the mall (too windy to be outside). We're having lots of contractions, but nothing regular.

For those who like to know the technical side of things, what happened on Tuesday was called "prodromal" labor. My mom (a former RN) remembers "prodromal" from measals. It's like a "pre" form of something. It's not false, but it doesn't progress either. So, I was in labor, but it just didn't go anywhere at that time.

I haven't been on line much because of focusing so much on baby coming. I really appreciate ALL your thoughts and prayers! Keep them coming...I would love to have him tonight! My grandma's 96 today, and it would be neat to have a shared birthday...but I doubt we have time to get there at this point!

We'll post when we have something new! Thanks again!

Oh good luck again. I hope this baby comes soon for you and your poor poor hips hun:)

Thanks for the update. We have all been thinking about you. Keep us updated when you feel like it.

Nikki - thanks for updating us! We'll continue to keep you in our prayers! Glad at least everyone is still healthy!!!! :)

nikked said:
Okay..well...sorry I haven't posted, but thanks for your prayers.

Our current update is as follows:

As of Thursday (at my reg. doctor's appt.), he was head down again (thank God!). I don't believe he's turned again, based on some movement patterns I've been able to identify with all the flipping going on. I can't really feel WHEN he flips, but I have noticed that he is WAY more active when he is head up (breach) than when he is head down.

I was really hoping that if he was breach on Thursday, that they would just induce me...not my first choice, but better to be induced than to have a c-section. But, he is/was too high for induction. There would be a high chance of failure resulting in an emergency c-section, which nobody wants!

So, doctor said stay on your feet as much as possible, and DON'T LAY DOWN. I sleep in my rocker recliner anyways because of hip issues during pregnancy, so not laying down wasn't a problem, but because of said hip issues the walking thing is tough! We've done lots at the mall (too windy to be outside). We're having lots of contractions, but nothing regular.

For those who like to know the technical side of things, what happened on Tuesday was called "prodromal" labor. My mom (a former RN) remembers "prodromal" from measals. It's like a "pre" form of something. It's not false, but it doesn't progress either. So, I was in labor, but it just didn't go anywhere at that time.

I haven't been on line much because of focusing so much on baby coming. I really appreciate ALL your thoughts and prayers! Keep them coming...I would love to have him tonight! My grandma's 96 today, and it would be neat to have a shared birthday...but I doubt we have time to get there at this point!

We'll post when we have something new! Thanks again!

GOOD LUCK NIKKI!!!

Good luck- I will be thinking of you!! You can do the walking for both of us since I have the opposite problem!! Are you dialated at all??

Best wishes, Nikke! I've been thinking about you a lot lately too. Thanks for posting on your progress....keep us up-to-date (as much as is reasonably possible)!

Good Luck Nikki...We are thinking of you. Keep us worried girls posted.

Good Luck Nikki!

Liz

Best Wishes Nikki.... I will keep you in my prayers...

As of Thursday, I was dialated to 2 cm...but, we think we're in the "real" thing now, baby...haven't totally decided yet, but I'm at about 4 minutes apart, and way more intense than they were on Tuesday...my baby shower is in 12 hours...may have to miss that one...lol

Don't get too excited...I've never gone to the hospital to deliver a baby and not done it before Tuesday, and I don't intend on doing it again! So, I just did a load of dishes to get moving a little bit, and now am going to try (again) to get some sleep...last time it didn't work too well, because the contractions kept waking me up.

I'll try to post a quick note if we do go to the hospital...thanks again, everyone!

Good luck. :) I had prodromal labour with my first and I hope this is the real thing for you!

Best Wishs Nikki

Wow Nikki....you are having contractions and you are thinking about us....what a trooper! I hope you have that baby today.

Nikki - good morning - hope you're getting some rest in between and everything goes well!

Hope everything goes well Nikki!:)

Good Luck Nikki. We'll Pray that TODAY is the day for you.
Then you can get some rest.....OOPS not really then you won't get any rest ever again, but you already know this. Good Luck sending Hugs-Prayers- and Rest your way.

Nikki~

Prayers to you...hope all goes well!
Keep us posted when you can!
:)

Wishing you and baby the best Nikki!!!:)

Oh my gosh Im so excited for you Nikki. Good Luck!!!!

Well, off to the baby shower! I'm still contracting, but can't seem to get anything to stick.

Thanks for your prayers and love. I really appreciate it all!

Maybe the shower will get baby excited to come out! Good luck! (What is your "official" due date BTW?)

Wishing you the best of everything.

Good luck, Nikki! My birthday is this Tuesday, so maybe I'll share it with your baby!

Still praying for you all, Nikki.

I'm praying for your and your baby as well. I hope the delivery goes quickly!

Om goodness Nikki! You're in my thoughts and prayers!!:D

Technically, his due date is March 14. I need to have him today, or he needs to wait until Thursday! My DH has his promotion testing on Wednesday, and they won't reschedule it for something as insignificant has giving birth! Life in the military!!!lol

Yesterday was a lot of fun and a real blessing. I was surprised at how many showed! I guess I really am loved...{grin}

Still lots of contractions, but nothing "serious". The general prediction at this point is that we're going to end up with an unplanned home birth, because things are going to change REAL quick! Good thing my mom's a retired RN!...but seriously, we'd rather not have THAT happen!

Thanks again for thinking of us!!!

Thanks for the update and good luck to you! I hope it works out that your husband gets to be there. I can't belive they wouldn't let him reschedule to be there!! I have no experience at all with Military life. I was a little surprised when you said that!

Yeah, I was littled irked about that too. I think they would reschedule for a death in the family, but not for the birth of his own child...and this is the "do or go" test for us. Either he promotes this year, or we retire. So, he has to take it!

Thanks for the update - we're all thinking about you and baby!

Thanks for the update!

Hang in there. :)

Thanks for the update! Glad you had such a great time at your shower- it really does make you realize how many people love you, huh? It's also nice because that will be one of the last times everyone's attention is on YOU...soon it will all be on your adorable baby!
Prayers for a quick and safe delivery that INCLUDES your hubby!!
:)

Is the baby a boy or a girl? Got any names? Good Luck. Hope you can make it to the hospital to have the baby.

Baby Names
Miss Cori said:
Is the baby a boy or a girl? Got any names? Good Luck. Hope you can make it to the hospital to have the baby.

As far as names go, we FINALLY have it narrowed down to: SIX! We are having the hardest time...never had this problem with our three girls...just the boy!

Keeping in mind that each name has a middle of Martin, meaning "Warring" (a family name), the names (in particular order) are:

Name.....Meaning
Asa...........Healer
Benjamin.....Son of the Right Hand
Peter.........Rock
Jonathan....Jehovah has been gracious; has shown favor
Nethanel....Gift from God (would probably end up being "Nathanial", but I love
the alternative spelling!)
George.......Tiller of the soil

My personal favorite is "Asa", which I would never have thought it would be. But for some reason, it is. Jonathan is a close second, and the one my DH is really liking right now. I know that when we seem we'll know!

As far as ACTUALLY delivering him goes, I give up! Every time I start to think "If this isn't labor, life just isn't fair!", everything stops again!!! Waaaaaa!

I have doctor's appoint at 10 today...here's praying he's still head down. We're all in agreement that my shape is different and he is lower...question is, "Is he head down?"!

I'll keep y'all posted! Thanks again for your continued prayers!

nikked said:
Yeah, I was littled irked about that too. I think they would reschedule for a death in the family, but not for the birth of his own child...and this is the "do or go" test for us. Either he promotes this year, or we retire. So, he has to take it!

So, I got clarification on this whole issue. If I was in a major car accident DURING the testing, the Red Cross could notify his Commander and get him out of the test, allowing for him to retest, but that's about it, other than death.

But, the good news is, if I DELIVER THE BABY during his testing, he has opportunity to appeal the results, saying that he was under extreme duress because his wife was delivering a baby after a difficult pregnancy (slight exaggeration, but it definitely has been different!), but he couldn't be there because of the test. He could end up with the stripe anyway!

Go figure that one out! So, maybe tomorrow wouldn't be such a bad day to have the baby after all! lol

Okay, that's all for the updating, I think. Last night, I got caught up reading the mega threads, so I didn't post anything.

Thanks again!

Jonathan is my favorite! Not that it matters! :D

I hope everything works out and you have a safe delivery.

I love Benjamin Martin..... that rolls nicely.:)

Good Luck today.

<h2>1. Ok, does anyone have any information about Nikki since she went in?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, I do not have any information about Nikki's personal life. I suggest reaching out to her directly or contacting her family for updates.</p><h2>2. Boy/girl?</h2><p>I am not aware of Nikki's baby's gender. That information has not been publicly shared. You can reach out to Nikki or her family for updates.</p><h2>3. When?</h2><p>I do not have any information about Nikki's due date or when she gave birth. I suggest contacting her directly or following her social media accounts for updates.</p><h2>4. Everyone doing o.k.?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, I do not have any information about Nikki or her family's well-being. I recommend reaching out to her directly or checking her social media for updates on her and her family.</p><h2>5. Anything?</h2><p>I do not have any additional information about Nikki's pregnancy or baby. For updates, I suggest reaching out to her or following her on social media.</p>

1. Ok, does anyone have any information about Nikki since she went in?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I do not have any information about Nikki's personal life. I suggest reaching out to her directly or contacting her family for updates.

2. Boy/girl?

I am not aware of Nikki's baby's gender. That information has not been publicly shared. You can reach out to Nikki or her family for updates.

3. When?

I do not have any information about Nikki's due date or when she gave birth. I suggest contacting her directly or following her social media accounts for updates.

4. Everyone doing o.k.?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I do not have any information about Nikki or her family's well-being. I recommend reaching out to her directly or checking her social media for updates on her and her family.

5. Anything?

I do not have any additional information about Nikki's pregnancy or baby. For updates, I suggest reaching out to her or following her on social media.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
topchef.heather
Replies
Views
RudolfH
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef