• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Searching for Email from HO on Chicago Restaurants

In summary, Brenda is looking for places to eat while in Chicago and is budgeting $10-$15 per day. Breakfast is usually provided at the hotel, and there are plenty of places to eat under $10. She recommends Water Tower Place and Bubba Gump's.
KCPChef
OK! Maybe I am crazy which I do not deny! HAHAHA But I thought that a little bit (maybe a couple weeks ago) we got an email from HO about some resturants and things in Chicago... am I missing something? Does anyone have that or is it on CC? I cannot find it anywhere!!!!!

Re: ResturantsI'm not picky about restaurants, I'm just psyched that Starbucks is basically across the street from my hotel! Waahoo!

Re: ResturantsI know their is a PF Changs, a Cheesecake Factory, and a Hard Rock Cafe- not sure were but I know people in my group have gone to them places.

Re: ResturantsI may just bring a hotplate and cook in my room! Eating out isn't gonna be cheap!

Re: Resturantshttp://www.navypier.com/ has several also. We love Bubba Gump's, and my DH said there is a Mexican restaurant inside of the main building on the Pier that was very good. There are a few other places as well. Water Tower Place along Michigan Ave. has several good places to eat, plus lots of shopping- all under one roof. One is called 'foodlife' - it is sort of Cafeteria meets Food-court- CHICAGO-style....upscale. BEHIND that is a restaurant we liked, I think it was called "Mity Nice". I linked http://www.shopwatertower.com/'s website so you can see all the food AND shopping.Found this also:
North Michigan Ave Restaurants

north-michigan-ave-restaurants-map.gif
The Sheraton would be just off of the lower right of that image, along the river (follow "Lower Water St).

Re: Resturantsthat's a tempting thought Brenda!

Re: Resturants
Brenda.the.chef said:
I may just bring a hotplate and cook in my room! Eating out isn't gonna be cheap!

Seriously Brenda?!? Really? Budget $10-$15 per day. At any restaurant, fancy or not so fancy, you can eat for $10. Breakfast is at the hotel (if included, or cheap-breakfast sandwich, granola bar and yogurt)., lunch is on PC, so dinner's all you have to pay for.

I know I've gone to PF Changs, ordered the sesuan (sp??) green beans, asked for a bowl of rice...$4, delish.

Plus the information you'll gain from talking with other consultants while out eating will be invaluable.

Re: ResturantsI liked the sandwich shop almost directly behind the Hilton.

Re: ResturantsLast year, some of us in our group split our meals so we didn't eat too much and the cost was less-that worked great! We also just brought some snacks with us in our suitcases and went to CVS for other snacks! We had a grand ole time! Be sure and get some of the Chicago mix popcorn on the Pier! Everyone has to try this once in their life! I put mine in a zip lock baggie to try to keep it fresh (no moisture) so my family could try it!!! Yes it comes in different sizes but I thought it was a bit pricey but delish!!

pchockeymom said:
Seriously Brenda?!? Really? Budget $10-$15 per day. At any restaurant, fancy or not so fancy, you can eat for $10. Breakfast is at the hotel (if included, or cheap-breakfast sandwich, granola bar and yogurt)., lunch is on PC, so dinner's all you have to pay for.

I know I've gone to PF Changs, ordered the sesuan (sp??) green beans, asked for a bowl of rice...$4, delish.

Plus the information you'll gain from talking with other consultants while out eating will be invaluable.

There is also breakfast provided by PC. It's usually pretty extensive. Eggs, meat, fruit, cereals, yogurt, toasters w/ bread and bagels...coffee, juice, milk.

Re: ResturantsI think I spent $40 on food total my first conference ... most of that was at Cheesecake Factory .. with as much as PC provides it is not too costly.

ChefBeckyD said:
There is also breakfast provided by PC. It's usually pretty extensive. Eggs, meat, fruit, cereals, yogurt, toasters w/ bread and bagels...coffee, juice, milk.
That's what I was going to say as well, between the breakfasts (Fri/Sat) and lunches (Thurs/Frid) PC provides, you really only have dinner (& your lunch on Sat) to worry about, and there are lots of options to keep it under $10. Most places have at least salads or sandwiches. If you go out with friends, see if someone wants to split a meal. My DH and I do it all the time- usually a restaurant brings you the meal either already divided or the extra plate. You save tons of money AND calories.By the time you go to the store to buy some food, you'll spend almost as much (trust me). We did it one night for my family only because we made some bad choices for finding food. We thought we'd find something along a particular route we walked after visiting a tourist site...we were WRONG! There were only bars (not cool with two kids under 9). So we ended up at the grocery store across the street getting whatever we could find that would work in our hotel microwave, etc. We spent nearly $40+ just for a couple of microwave pizzas, a bit of fruit, drinks and some sandwiches. They tasted terrible. But there is a grocery store across from the Embassy Suites hotel I believe. It's not as obvious as a store in the suburbs....it was in the ground floor of the building. I don't remember which store it was.

Re: Resturantsgood food cheap.. Eleven City Diner not far from the Hilton on S. Walbash Ave.
we stop there at least twice while in Chicago.

Re: ResturantsThere is a Dominicks Grocery store down a block or 2 from the Sheraton. You can eat very cheap there from the instore bakery and it was delish! Get their value card and you can save even more (it's free). Plus, its a great place to stock up on bottled water and any other snacks you need.

Re: ResturantsEleven City is wonderful; I highly recommend it. Dominicks is a fun place to shop; reminds me Whole Foods in the variety and types of items they carry.

There's also a Corner Bakery Cafe on Michigan Ave. a couple of blocks from the Sheraton, plus if you head down Michigan, you'll eventually spot the Hershey's Store! I think there's a Ghiradelli's in the area too.

Re: ResturantsI didn't spend much on food last year either. We were there a day longer, so I had breakfast, lunch and dinner one day, breakfast the next, and dinner on the way home. That's it!

Re: ResturantsChipotle is cheap & you get a TON of food!

Re: ResturantsI love Eleven City Diner!! We also love the Grand Luxe - right behind Ann Taylor Loft. :) Usually splitting a pizza, or another dinner, is a good way to go as well.
There are many places that are fairly reasonable if you want it to be. And, after all, you're in Chicago -- famous for their food! It's all tax deductible as well! :)

Re: ResturantsDominick's is an awesome store! We went their last year and got fresh fruit and pastries for breakfast and it was wonderful! Very reasonably priced as well.

Re: ResturantsSome of the consultants I was traveling with got all excited to see tomato paste in a tube! LOL. Me, I bought Moravian sugar cookies! :-D

Re: ResturantsThere's a Trader Joe's up and around from Ann Taylor loft somewhere -- awesome stuff as well.

1. What is the email about?

The email from HO on Chicago Restaurants is a guide to help you find the best restaurants in Chicago for your next trip or event.

2. Who is the email from?

The email is from the corporate team at Pampered Chef, specifically from the headquarters in Chicago.

3. Is there a specific date or event for these restaurant recommendations?

No, the email provides a list of recommended restaurants in Chicago without specifying a specific date or event. It can be used for any upcoming trip or event in the city.

4. Are these restaurants affiliated with Pampered Chef?

No, these restaurants are not affiliated with Pampered Chef. This email is simply a helpful guide from the company for those who may be looking for restaurant recommendations in Chicago.

5. How were these restaurants chosen for the list?

The restaurants on the list were chosen based on personal experiences and recommendations from Pampered Chef employees who live and work in Chicago. They are not sponsored or endorsed by the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gloria&Emily
  • AnnieBee