• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Tanning Salon Marketing: Catalog Tips and Tricks

In summary, you should leave full catalogs at a tanning salon in order to attract new recruits. You can also leave flyers or business cards with information about specials, and do a door prize drawing.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
I have an opportunity to leave catalogs at a tanning salon. Any suggestions on what to leave?? I was even thinking of stapling some suckers to the your life, your way brochure and putting in a little basket. I am not sure I want to leave full catalogs...I have the small spring ones, should I use those?? I am not sure what is best to do here and any suggestions would be appreciated.

:D

tanners like to read while waiting for their bed to be ready (thus all the magazines!). i would maybe leave 1 or 2 full catalogs for browsing. then something smaller like a business card or a flyer that youve made featuring the specials (or whatever you come up with) so that they can take your info home with them. the sucker idea would make it so that it doesnt get lost at the bottom of their purse too.....

Do what you feel. Don't want to part with new catalogs? Put older ones with the little poem about it being old & contacting you. Otherwise, I love the mini ones to hand out. If you can, do a doorprize drawing. That way you get some names b/c people having your catalog doesn't usually do a lot of good b/c people MEAN to call and forget. If you get their info, you can contact them.

Jules711 said:
Do what you feel. Don't want to part with new catalogs? Put older ones with the little poem about it being old & contacting you. Otherwise, I love the mini ones to hand out. If you can, do a doorprize drawing. That way you get some names b/c people having your catalog doesn't usually do a lot of good b/c people MEAN to call and forget. If you get their info, you can contact them.

you can do a 'fish bowl' type thing. put out a bowl of some sort & a stack of slips for the tanners to fill out. put a card on the bowl that says youll do a drawing once a week for xxxx item.

oh, I LOVE the door prize idea, and hadn't even thought of that one! Thanks!! :) I also am going to do the older catalogs... I just realized that I have about 7 laying around here. Meghan, I see you have one recruit, and you are fairly new! I am impressed!!

PCMelissa said:
Meghan, I see you have one recruit, and you are fairly new! I am impressed!!

i got lucky. ive got a coworker who is a single mom and the father of her son just quit paying child support.

i know - its illegal.

but in the mean time she still needs money. so she called around looking for a part time job. i told her about PC and how she could make her own schedule so that she isnt always away from her son. she signed up! if only they were always so easy :D

well, hey, whatever it takes! :) :)

Related to Maximizing Your Tanning Salon Marketing: Catalog Tips and Tricks

What are the benefits of using a tanning salon?

There are several benefits to using a tanning salon. Firstly, it allows you to achieve a beautiful, bronzed tan in a controlled environment. This means you can avoid overexposure to the sun's harmful UV rays. Additionally, tanning salons offer a variety of tanning equipment and products to cater to your individual skin type and desired results. Lastly, tanning salons often have trained professionals who can help guide you in achieving your desired tan safely.

How often should I go to a tanning salon?

The frequency of tanning salon visits depends on your skin type and how quickly your skin tans. It is important to consult with a trained professional at the salon to determine a safe and effective tanning schedule for your specific skin type. Generally, it is recommended to wait at least 24 hours between tanning sessions to allow your skin to recover.

Is tanning in a salon safe?

As long as you follow the recommended guidelines and use the appropriate tanning equipment and products, tanning in a salon can be safe. It is important to always wear protective eyewear and to follow the recommended exposure times for your skin type. Overexposure to UV rays can increase the risk of skin damage and cancer, so it is important to always tan responsibly.

How can I prolong my tan from a tanning salon?

To prolong your tan from a tanning salon, it is important to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. This will help prevent your skin from peeling and fading prematurely. Also, avoid exfoliating your skin too aggressively, as this can remove your tan. Additionally, avoid prolonged exposure to water, such as swimming or showering, as this can also cause your tan to fade faster.

Are there any age restrictions for using a tanning salon?

Yes, there are age restrictions for using a tanning salon. The minimum age to use a tanning salon varies by state, but it is typically between 14-18 years old with parental consent. Some states also have restrictions on the number of tanning sessions minors are allowed per week. It is important to check with your local tanning salon to ensure you are following all age restrictions and guidelines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hoosierchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
hoosierchef
  • PamperedPenny
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • tinat51796