• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your BBQ Game with These Tips for Cleaning a Grill Basket

In summary, AJ is a consultant who has been hesitant to make CCC calls because of the fear of rejection. However, she recently had a successful call with a past guest who had a question about the BBQ Grill Basket. Esther suggests reaching out to the test kitchens for detailed tips and AJ also asks for tips from the community. Some tips for using the grill basket include preheating it, oiling it, using non-stick tools, soaking it in hot water, and avoiding metal utensils. AJ is reminded to not be discouraged by rejection and to continue building relationships with past guests.
AJ-1
Good Morning Everyone,

Well.....I'm mostly a lurker in these forums but lately have come out of my shell and posted a few questions.

On the weekend I decided to do some CCC. I've been a consultant for about a year and I really neglect to do CCC mainly out of hesitation because I always dread the word "no". I know it's ok, but I still feel terrible when I hear it.

Last night I was on to my third and final call, and spoke to a past guest. She was not at all interested in hosting, but I reviewed with her what products she had purchased from the show in July and asked if she had any questions, was she using them, etc.

She said the BBQ Grill Basket was great for veggies but they had difficulties cleaning it, so if I had any tips she would appreciate it. I don't have the grill basket....so I'm enlisting your help.

Any good tips??

Thanks a million!

AJ

Don't have any tips, I haven't even used mine yet! But when I have similar questions, I send a quick email to the test kitchens (you can do it from consultant's corner) and they send me pretty detailed and helpful responses in a few days.
Good luck.
Esther

I'm glad you decided to come out of your shell and post more often, AJ! That's what this community is all about - supporting each other and sharing ideas. As for your question about the BBQ Grill Basket, here are a few tips that might help:1. Preheat the grill basket before using it: This will help prevent food from sticking to the surface.2. Oil the basket before use: Just like with any cooking surface, adding some oil will help prevent food from sticking. You can use a cooking spray or brush on some oil with a basting brush.3. Use non-stick tools: When flipping or moving food in the basket, use non-stick tools to prevent scratching the surface and making it easier to clean.4. Soak the basket in hot, soapy water: If there is stubborn food stuck to the basket, soaking it in hot, soapy water for a few minutes can help loosen it up.5. Use a grill cleaning brush: If there are any remaining bits of food stuck to the basket, use a grill cleaning brush to scrub them off.6. Don't use metal utensils: Avoid using metal utensils on the grill basket as they can scratch and damage the surface.Hope these tips help and good luck with your future CCC calls! Remember, even if someone says no to hosting, it's still an opportunity to build relationships with past guests and potentially get future bookings. Keep up the great work!

What is a BBQ grill basket?

A BBQ grill basket is a cooking tool used for grilling food. It is typically made of metal and has a mesh or slotted design to allow for heat and smoke to reach the food while preventing it from falling through the grates.

What types of food can I cook in a BBQ grill basket?

You can cook a variety of foods in a BBQ grill basket, including vegetables, seafood, meats, and even small fruits. Some common foods that are often cooked in a grill basket include diced vegetables, shrimp, fish, chicken, and sliced fruits like pineapple.

How do I use a BBQ grill basket?

To use a BBQ grill basket, simply preheat your grill to the desired temperature. Place the basket on the grill and add your desired food. Make sure to stir or flip the food occasionally to ensure it cooks evenly. When done, use tongs to remove the basket from the grill and let it cool before cleaning.

Do I need to oil a BBQ grill basket before using it?

It is recommended to lightly oil a BBQ grill basket before using it to prevent food from sticking. You can use a high smoke point oil, such as vegetable or canola oil, and lightly coat the basket before adding your food.

How do I clean a BBQ grill basket?

Cleaning a BBQ grill basket is similar to cleaning any other cooking tool. Let the basket cool down before cleaning it with warm soapy water and a sponge or brush. You can also use a grill brush to remove any stubborn residue. Make sure to dry the basket thoroughly before storing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJ-1
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • KrisGio