• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Open House Turnout: Tips for Dealing with No RSVPs

In summary, if you have an Open House planned and have not received many RSVPs, you should call people and try to get more RSVPs. If you have had trouble getting people to RSVP, you can try to make a flyer and go door to door, or try to get people you don't know to RSVP.
cookingwithhart
I have an Open House planned for tomorrow that I've received very few RSVP's for and no yes RSVP's. :cry: What do I do? I already rescheduled the darn thing once due to no RSVP's! I've had major computer issues all week, but a sent a reminder to everyone on Tuesday asking for RSVP's and got no response. I just sent another email to my girlfriends (that's how we communicate a lot) and I got a couple of no's. I really have other things I could do tomorrow night, if no one wants to come!
Thanks for your suggestions

Have you called people?

If you want people to come - you will have to call.

To be honest, I have had bad luck with my open houses as well. I would recommend making up a flyer and knocking on some of your neighbor's doors to invite them personally. Especially try to talk to people you don't know. I plan on doing the same thing in my new neighborhood at the end of the month. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

ChefBeckyD said:
Have you called people?

If you want people to come - you will have to call.

I've spent every night on the phone with computer tech people for the past 12 days. Because my computer was messed up, so was my telephone...long-story. I finally got it straightened out at 10:00 last night. The open house is tomorrow. I've never had anyone other than my friends and family come to an Open House and I really don't have a problem telling them that it doesn't seem to be a good day for everyone. I just fear there's someone out there that hasn't RSVP'd that will decide to drop by! I guess I need to prepare for a small gathering and just stay at home and wait.
One of my friends that hadn't RSVP'd said she had planned on coming, but now couldn't...not sure why she didn't respond to my other two request for RSVP's! I guess I was just supposed to assume she was coming...funny!

I never have had luck at open houses. This spring I hosted a cooking show of my own and had a little bit of a response from past hosts as well as family - nothing major. I think some just shy away from "open house."

I have been invited to a friend's open house (she sells cookie lee), and she has a really good turn out every time. Last spring I collected about $200 in orders and booked 3 shows, and in December I collected $500 in orders. I don't know how she does it, but I hope she keeps me on her vendor list because I love it! At my last open house I did things exactly like she did and had an ok turnout, but still not as great as hers. I also passed out over 300 flyers around my neighborhood.

I think that RSVP is a lost art... a host said to me not long ago that she thinks people don't rsvp anymore because they fear that something more fun may come up and they don't want to be committed to whatever they should be rsvp'ing for... but rsvp's are for NO's and YES's ... it does get frustrating sometimes. I hope you have way more people show up than you are anticipating and have a great experience!

quiverfull7 said:
I think that RSVP is a lost art...

My aunt is very knowledgeable on her ettiquette and she says exactly the same thing. Why can't people be bothered to pick up the phone for 10 mins and say "no"? And furthermore Evite makes it very simple to RSVP. There isn't even any contact required so if the answer is no, you don't get a guilt trip, but that seems too be too much of a put-out too.

1. How do I handle guests who show up without an RSVP?

It's important to be prepared for unexpected guests at your open house. Make sure to have extra food and supplies on hand, and try to accommodate them as best as you can. You can also politely remind them to RSVP for future events so you can better prepare.

2. What should I do to make my open house welcoming to all guests?

Make sure to have a variety of snacks and drinks available, including options for those with dietary restrictions. Set up a comfortable seating area and have music playing in the background. Keep the space tidy and well-lit, and have a friendly attitude towards all guests.

3. How can I encourage guests to RSVP for my open house?

One way to encourage RSVPs is by offering a special incentive or raffle for those who RSVP and attend the open house. You can also create a sense of urgency by setting a deadline for RSVPs and reminding guests that space is limited.

4. What if no one RSVPs for my open house?

If you find yourself in a situation where no one has RSVPed for your open house, don't panic. Reach out to friends and family and ask them to spread the word. You can also use social media to promote the event and try to attract last-minute guests. Remember to stay positive and make the most of the event regardless of the number of attendees.

5. What are some tips for hosting a successful open house with no RSVPs?

First and foremost, stay organized and be flexible. Have a plan in place for unexpected guests and be prepared to adapt as needed. Make sure to have plenty of food and supplies on hand, and engage with your guests to make them feel welcome. Lastly, don't forget to follow up with all attendees after the open house to thank them for coming and gather feedback for future events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
TheFreddiesCook
  • linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
linojackie
  • ehall