• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Hosting an Open House Worth the Effort for My Pampered Chef Business?

In summary, the conversation is about a person who has no bookings and is considering doing an open house on Saturday, but also has plans to go out with friends. The group discusses the importance of bookings and sales versus spending time with friends, and offer suggestions on how to balance both. They also suggest offering a free show to friends and having a prize for those who book a show at the open house. The main point is to prioritize building the business and keeping things simple and easy for the open house.
chefkristin
Gold Member
Ok so I have no bookings. I have an opportunity to do an open house on Saturday but I had plans to meet a bunch of girls for dinner and dancing. It has been planned for a while! I don't know what to do. There is going to be a Silpada Rep, an Arbonne Rep and a design your pocketbood rep. Do you all feel this is worth the effort? I really was looking forward to my girls night out but think I may be able to get bookings off of this.

It depends. What is more important to you? Getting bookings and sales or spending time with your friends. If it is the bookings and sales, offer a free show to your friends so you can still get together at another time - and make sure they come by the open house before going out. If it is going out, then go out and don't feel bad.

Is there anyway you could skip dinner, do the open house, leave a little early, and still catch your girlfriends for dancing?

kdawn1124 said:
Is there anyway you could skip dinner, do the open house, leave a little early, and still catch your girlfriends for dancing?
You know I was thinking of doing that! I might just plan for that!

It does depend on what's more important or necessary for you. However, the small open houses aren't always successful so it's a role of the dice. I'd tell my friends, I REALLY need shows and I want to go out with you so help me be able to say no to this opportunity by passing a catalog. Tell them that you'll put it all in as one show so they can split the benefit. Kind of like a $1000 Mystery Host Show.

Personally, I would do the open house. You are making a commitment to your buisness by going to conference -- That tells me that you want to build this up. Keep that commitment by building things up. Meet up with the girls later on or another night. They are your friends -- they will understand!

Remeber the 90 day rule -- what you do today affects your buisness 90 days from now. Build Build Build!!

The open house will cost you little to participate in - It could potentially gain you a lot! Have a prize for people who book a show to entice them, but don't give it to them until their show is held. That will ensure you don't lose out if they don't hold the booking. This has worked out SO well for me at fairs and open houses. People love a prize! :)

Oh -- one other thing: Keep yourself available for questions by keeping the demo's brief and simple -- people will keep floating in and out as you go. The firsttime i did an open house I was so busy cooking the entire time that I was more like the hired help than the Pampered Chef -- keep it simple and easy! :) Make a few things ahead of time and then do a simple demo there. Have dips and snacky things available too -- The southwestern and Dill in the small addition bowls or the Chilzanne rectangular server are always big hits :)

yummybytes said:
Personally, I would do the open house. You are making a commitment to your buisness by going to conference -- That tells me that you want to build this up. Keep that commitment by building things up. Meet up with the girls later on or another night. They are your friends -- they will understand!

Remeber the 90 day rule -- what you do today affects your buisness 90 days from now. Build Build Build!!

The open house will cost you little to participate in - It could potentially gain you a lot! Have a prize for people who book a show to entice them, but don't give it to them until their show is held. That will ensure you don't lose out if they don't hold the booking. This has worked out SO well for me at fairs and open houses. People love a prize! :)

Oh -- one other thing: Keep yourself available for questions by keeping the demo's brief and simple -- people will keep floating in and out as you go. The firsttime i did an open house I was so busy cooking the entire time that I was more like the hired help than the Pampered Chef -- keep it simple and easy! :) Make a few things ahead of time and then do a simple demo there. Have dips and snacky things available too -- The southwestern and Dill in the small addition bowls or the Chilzanne rectangular server are always big hits :)
Thanks for the tips! Unfortunately I totally forgot that I have a baby shower at 11:30 am that day and I will never have time to get it together. I did call the woman and she said she would be interested in having a show at a later date. I will keep in touch with her.

What is an "Open House Opportunity" with Pampered Chef?

An "Open House Opportunity" with Pampered Chef is an event hosted by a consultant to showcase our products and services. It is a fun and casual setting for guests to learn more about our company and try out our products.

How can I attend an "Open House Opportunity"?

To attend an "Open House Opportunity" with Pampered Chef, you can contact a consultant in your area and ask about upcoming events. You can also check our website or social media pages for any upcoming events near you.

Do I need to purchase anything at an "Open House Opportunity"?

No, there is no pressure to purchase anything at an "Open House Opportunity." It is simply an opportunity to learn more about our products and services and try them out in a fun and relaxed setting.

Can I bring a friend or family member to an "Open House Opportunity"?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a friend or family member to an "Open House Opportunity." We encourage you to share the experience with others and introduce them to our products and company.

What can I expect at an "Open House Opportunity"?

At an "Open House Opportunity," you can expect to see and try out our products, learn about our business opportunity, and enjoy delicious food and drinks. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions and connect with our consultant and other guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
Symara
  • PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PChefPEI