• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Old Catalogs: Creative Uses and Solutions for Outdated Items

In summary, the conversation revolved around ideas for repurposing old catalogues. Suggestions were given such as using them for fairs, leaving them at places where people browse, and using stickers to explain the outdated information on the catalogues. Some members also shared their own experiences and strategies for utilizing old catalogues for business purposes.
Countrykitchenmichelle
What do you do with these? I've heard people still use them or hand them out, but I'm concerned with all the discontinued items listed. I want them to have the most current information.

What are your cool ideas for the old catalogs so mine don't go to waste?
I have a bunch from spring/summer 2006 and fall/winter 2005.

Toss them?

I know this is obvious, but I use them for fairs. If anything it helps sort out the people who know PC and don't. Most people just want a taste of the products, and throw it away when they get home. I like to use my "left overs" for this. I have a TON (almost 200) catalogs from this season from recruting and buying my own, so I will be well equipped for my big fair in August.

The people who know PC better know they are old and ask for a new one... I either give them one or ask for their info so I can mail them one and follow up.

I have heard of people leaving them everywhere they go, then just explaining the situation if someone tries to order discontinued items or something...

thebooster.com has a cute poem on a sticker that basically says this catalog is old and call me for more information.

Do you ever do Fairs or Vendor Booth days? That's when you bring your OLD catalogs - leave them accessible for folks. 99% who take a catalog won't order anyway, and it has your contact info if they do choose to.

I include a label that says "for a current catalog, please contact me at..."

I have somewhere around 200 tooI just bought catalog bags from Nancy's and those poem stickers, and Im going to place them on the doors of our new neighbors. We have about 6 new subdivisions within 3 miles of my house. I am going to scout them out and place them around letting people know I am here. As an incentive to call Im giving 10% off orders and the heart trivet for shows booked. We'll see how it goes. I have gotten orders from doing these in the past.

does anyone have the link or know the name of those stickers? I just ordered a bunch from the Booster and saw them, but didn't get any. Now I want some and can't find them again!!

Does Nancy have the poem stickers??

I use them at fairs and festivals also. There is nothing more discouraging that taking a break while working at a fair and noticing your brand new current catalogs in the trash 3 booths down from you. I have a sticker I put on my old catalogs that request interested customers contact me directly for a current cattie.

I also leave them in laundramats and car washes, places like that where people browse while waiting.

looking; looking, looking....AHHHH found them : )
gilliandanielle said:
does anyone have the link or know the name of those stickers? I just ordered a bunch from the Booster and saw them, but didn't get any. Now I want some and can't find them again!!

Does Nancy have the poem stickers??

Gillian,
I found 2 stickers at the booster. Go to stickers, sales, then pages 4 & 5 have old catty stickers. I didnt see any at Nancy's. Hope this helps

This is what I put on my old catalogs:

Though the date on this catalog may be old,
Just look inside and you'll be sold...
Many great products you will see
Call to learn how to get some for FREE!
If a business opportunity is what you need
I can help you to succeed!

Call me for a new catalog or visit my website!

then I list my information

Nice Harriet!?!?!

Sales.....Bookings........AND Recruiting

Nice touch and I bet they don't see it coming hehehehe

I like it too as it touches all bases! Can't take the credit for the wording though--can't remember who I got it from on this board!

Sk8Mom209 said:
I use them at fairs and festivals also. There is nothing more discouraging that taking a break while working at a fair and noticing your brand new current catalogs in the trash 3 booths down from you. I have a sticker I put on my old catalogs that request interested customers contact me directly for a current cattie.

I also leave them in laundramats and car washes, places like that where people browse while waiting.

Great idea, Shari on leaving them in laudramats! Never thought about that!

That's great Harriet, I will have to get some bigger stickers and put that on them, I just found a whole package of last year's s/s catties.

jdavis said:
That's great Harriet, I will have to get some bigger stickers and put that on them, I just found a whole package of last year's s/s catties.

I use Avery 8164 labels. Each sticker is 3 1/3" X 4" and there are 6 labels to a page.

I just found some old Avery 8163 and made my labels to go on my catalogs.

Guess I am about to start dropping catalogs everywhere I walk! oops!! :D

I just asked the director at my DS pre-school if I could put 1 in all the cubbies for the parents.
i'll use the sticker on them as well.

Really cute, and I have about a zillion old catalogs...I had a few shows cancel on me and such...

whats the link for that website to those stickers???

1. What are some creative uses for outdated Pampered Chef products?

Some creative uses for outdated Pampered Chef products include repurposing them for different tasks, using them as decorative accents in your kitchen, or giving them as gifts to friends and family.

2. How can I make the most out of my old Pampered Chef catalogs?

You can make the most out of your old Pampered Chef catalogs by using them as wrapping paper, cutting out images and creating a collage, or using the recipes and cooking tips for inspiration.

3. What are some solutions for getting rid of outdated Pampered Chef items?

Some solutions for getting rid of outdated Pampered Chef items include hosting a clearance sale, donating them to a local charity or thrift store, or trading them with friends or other consultants.

4. Can I use outdated Pampered Chef products in my current recipes?

Yes, you can still use outdated Pampered Chef products in your current recipes. Just be sure to adjust cooking times or methods if needed.

5. How can I keep track of which Pampered Chef items are outdated?

You can keep track of which Pampered Chef items are outdated by regularly checking the product status on the Pampered Chef website or consulting with your Pampered Chef consultant for updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennywardpc
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
KellieM's Kitchen
  • salthechef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
caraighan
  • Chef Shari