• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handing Out Old Catalogs: Is It Effective for Booths?

give them a flyer for the new one or website address.And if they are truly interested they will book and get an updated catalog.
blueikaos
I have read on here about people handing out old catalogs when hosting a booth.
What is the point of this? Wouldn't people want a new up to date catalog?

I have 50 Summer catalogs left over (I joined the end of July and had all the extras come in my kit that I couldn't use).

When is it ok to hand out a Fall/Winter catalog?

blueikaos said:
I have read on here about people handing out old catalogs when hosting a booth.
What is the point of this? Wouldn't people want a new up to date catalog?

I have 50 Summer catalogs left over (I joined the end of July and had all the extras come in my kit that I couldn't use).

When is it ok to hand out a Fall/Winter catalog?

The purpose of handing out the old catalogs is to get rid of them and then you can direct them to your website for the new updated catalog. Or, that's then a great opportunity moment to get their info to mail them the full sized one.

99% of the time, people want the catalog and then don't place orders and what not. So, there's no use giving out all your current ones since it won't pay off...especially if you don't get their contact info. The fortune is in the follow up. This is why it's smart to give the old, get their info and mail them the new one. Then FOLLOW UP! :)

That makes sense Caressa.

I never thought about getting their info in that "sneaky" way. haha!

Thanks!

I like to drop mine off with a label asking to be contacted for a new one at md offices, salons, random places....anywhere I see reading material. :D

They're also good for using for your bridal showers....when guests can pluck an item off the bride's wishlist.

Yes... what Jolie and Caressa said... but also remember that the core PC products don't change that much. So if someone wants stoneware or an ice cream dipper, they will find it in any catalog.

Here's a question...how old is too old? I have some catalogs and minis from S/S '09. Should I just throw those away? Is it just too old?

Amanda, I say put an I'm old sticker on them and put them around. What's your other option... the landfill. It couldn't hurt. If someone is really interested, they will contact you or go to your website.

I should have specified that my question was in regards to doing a fair booth. Would those catalogs be too old?I could put one of my "this is old..." type of stickers on it and then talk to people and tell them about my website. They can fill out a Guest slip to give me their contact info and I can send them my newsletter. Or better yet, they can book a party with me and they can have a host packet to take with them (or I can mail it to them if they don't want to carry it around.)I do have some old S/S '10 ones, but just one pack and I have 2 booths (Sat. and Tues.) I also have some mini's and a lot of recipe cards. But should I bother with these older catalogs?

bumping..Do I use them? Just trying to see if I have enough supplies for my booths. If I shouldn't use these old catalogs, I could try to run around to my clustermates and buy some old cattys from them. Opinions?

Amanda, I'd say use them. I would take a few new ones to give to people who do actually book a show with you, but put a box or something out and let people take them. I've only done one booth, but my experience is that everyone wants something, but they aren't all going to book or order and it isn't worth worrying about giving an old catalog to someone who has no intention of booking anyways.

I'd say yes, use them! If someone places an order... most prices have not changed by more than $1 so it's not a biggie.

I put a neon colored label under my contact info label with this

* NOTICE *
Prices may have changed
Contact me for a current catalog

And if they are truly interested they will book and get an updated catalog.

I place a sticker over the season located on the upper right hand front cover that reads, 'shop online 24/7/365, Welcome To My Personal Web Site'. When I do this, hardly anyone asks about is this the most current catalogs. I just gave away about 50 spring/summer catalogs this weekend. For those who booked a show, I gave them a fall catalog.

Ditto on the old catalogs and asking for info to mail a new one. A lot of people at a fair will pick stuff up and then throw away or lay down somewhere so no use losing current catalogs like that, they are too expensive!
Another thing to do (I got this from Elite Seller Marie Snyder) get a binder and cut apart a current catalog. Put into the binder in page protectors. Then if people want to "See" a new catalog it won't walk off.
I always give away recipe cards w/ my info or mini catalogs with my info. I want them to get a recipe because no one throws away a recipe. The current mini doesn't have a recipe so I will be using old ones at my booth this weekend!
The object of a booth is getting leads and bookings not sales! Although sales are good too!

I am so glad that I found this thread..I was doing some cleaning yesterday and found about 30-40 SS2010 catalogs..just in time for my booth on Saturday.*

I had a few F/W 08 and F/W 09 that I gave out at Halloween. I knew that the return would be minimal (haven't heard from anyone yet) so I wasn't about to hand out new catalogs. My goal was to get rid of my old catalogs and the parents like receiving a treat too.

I just gave away 2007 catalogs today at my booth!

I have done two different poems on my old catalogs. One on regular sized address labels in the neon colors: "Seasons change, products do too! Go online to see what's new" (then had my web address). My name tag badge labels say "Though the date may be old, just look inside and you'll be sold! Many great products you will see. Have a party and get them FREE! Or you can make money by joining the Pampered Chef Family! I'd love to have you on my team. Call me for a new catalog or visit my website" and all my contact info.

I am doing a booth this weekend and I have old catalogs and will give a current
mini catalog along with it.

What is the policy for handing out old catalogs?

The policy for handing out old catalogs varies depending on the specific situation. In general, we recommend only handing out current catalogs to ensure that customers are seeing the most up-to-date products and pricing. However, if there is a specific reason for handing out old catalogs (such as a customer requesting a specific product from a previous catalog), please consult with your team leader for further guidance.

Can I still sell products from old catalogs?

Yes, you can still sell products from old catalogs as long as they are still available for purchase. However, we recommend focusing on promoting the current catalog and products to make sure customers have access to the most recent offerings.

Do I need to return any unsold old catalogs?

No, you do not need to return any unsold old catalogs. However, we do recommend recycling them to reduce waste and promote sustainability.

Can I offer discounts on products from old catalogs?

No, we do not allow discounts on products from old catalogs. Our pricing is carefully calculated to ensure fair compensation for our consultants and to maintain the quality and value of our products.

What should I do if a customer requests a product from an old catalog?

If a customer requests a product from an old catalog, we recommend checking to see if it is still available for purchase. If it is, you can still sell it to the customer. If it is no longer available, we recommend offering a similar product from the current catalog or suggesting a different product that meets the customer's needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GracedLiving
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • jj16