• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Follow-Up Calls: Tips for Success | Newsletter List Etiquette

In summary, my follow-up calls haven't really produced anything. I'm hoping for just one lead to work out and get my break. So before I continue through my stack, I thought I'd come here for advice.
babywings76
Gold Member
So far, as I expected, my follow-up calls haven't really produced anything. I'm hoping for just one lead to work out and get my break. So before I continue through my stack, I thought I'd come here for advice.

I've called the potential hosts and one was a flat out no. :( Doesn't want my newsletter or anything. (why, oh why, do they give out an e-mail address and then say no to that?) Which brings up one question I have, if they provided me with an e-mail address and marked "no" for hosting, should I just e-mail them a short intro note thanking them for coming to my booth and that should they need anything I'm here, and then have them included in my newsletter list? Or do I need to get their permission first before putting them on my newsletter list? I'm such a chicken at calling the "no" people. Should I just suck it up and do it? Do I mail them a letter if I have their mailing address?

Since they gave you their e-mail address I would send them an e-mail thanking them for coming to your booth and filling out the door slip and yes let them know you are there for them and give them outlet instructions and ask if you can put them on your newsletter list. If someone gives me their e-mail address I usually add them to my list since they offered it (if you look at the order slips I think it states to add to newsletter/mailing list.) and what do they expect if they give it to you--you expect to be called or notified etc.

I too don't know why people give their info and then say no. I am so careful now when I fill out slips wherever I go for that same reason.

I did a booth recently and while follow up calls haven't produced much in the way of bookings..I did have a spot to check if they wanted to be on my email newsletter list and I added 22 people. I also went through them just yesterday and had about 9 who marked no on booking etc, but said yes to wanting a catalog. So I am going to call them and let them know I am going to mail a new catalog. If I just happen to put a DYLAB flyer and the apron flyer in there...maybe it will develop into something. I am thinking positive in that maybe not right now, but in the future that booth is going to pay off.

I just had a booth on Saturday and kept telling everyone that I was doing a drawing for a free cooking show and so people kept putting the drawing slips in my trifle bowl. I started calling on Monday to let them know that they were one of the winners of the drawing and when would they like to schedule their show. I started calling the ones that had marked to host a show first, but I am going to call everyone because they wouldn't have taken the time to fill out the card if there weren't interested in the show. (I am offering this deal to everyone who filled out a card, so in actuallity everyone wins.) So far I've called about 7 people and 4 have booked parties. The other 3 I left messages for. But wouldn't you know it, I lost my voice on Wednesday and haven't gotten a chance to follow up with any more. But so far this has really worked for me. I just call and let them know they are a winner!

Hi there! I completely understand your frustration with the follow-up calls not producing any leads. It can be discouraging, but don't give up just yet! It's great that you're seeking advice here.Regarding the potential hosts who have already said no, it's always a good idea to respect their decision and not push for a hosting opportunity. As for their email address, it's best to ask for their permission before adding them to your newsletter list. You can send a short intro note thanking them for stopping by your booth and offering your services if they ever need anything, but make sure to ask for their consent before adding them to your newsletter list.If you have their mailing address, you can also send them a letter or postcard with a similar message. It's always better to have their permission before adding them to any type of contact list. And don't worry about being a "chicken" when it comes to calling the "no" people. You never know, they may change their mind in the future or refer you to someone else who may be interested in hosting a party.Keep up the good work and don't be discouraged by a few "no's." Keep reaching out and promoting your business, and I'm sure you'll find success in the future. Best of luck to you!

What is "Following up With Fair"?

"Following up With Fair" is a program designed by Pampered Chef to help consultants stay connected with customers after a fair or event. It includes strategies and tools to follow up with potential customers and build relationships with them.

Why is following up with a fair important?

Following up with a fair is important because it allows you to continue the conversation with potential customers and potentially turn them into loyal customers. It also helps you build relationships and trust with customers, leading to repeat business.

What are some ways to follow up with customers after a fair?

Some ways to follow up with customers after a fair include sending personalized thank you notes or emails, offering special promotions or discounts, and inviting them to join your mailing list or follow your social media pages.

How soon should I follow up with customers after a fair?

It is recommended to follow up with customers within 48 hours after a fair. This allows you to stay fresh in their minds and capitalize on their interest while it is still high.

What resources does Pampered Chef provide for following up with fairs?

Pampered Chef provides a variety of resources for following up with fairs, including customizable thank you notes and email templates, social media graphics, and training materials on effective follow-up strategies. You can find these resources on the consultant website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookie325
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • allisonw