• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Show Averages Without Going Broke: New Consultant's Dilemma

In summary, the new consultant recommends that hosts pay for ingredients, send invites, and provide bonuses to increase show averages.
chefpelkey
I am a new consultant and have been looking over many of the files posted here for coupon challenges, mystery host, etc. Is there anything specific that anyone does that they have seen postitive results from. Maybe this sounds silly but I am reluctant to spend a lot of my money b/c I haven't made much yet. I am still unsure of sending invites or letting the host and who should purchase recipe ingredients? I would really love to get my show averages higher w/o losing my shirt. Although maybe losing my shirt could be the incentive ---to an all male audience. Okay, at this point I'm out of control and I apologize! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

After my first 30days after 4 shows I had $200 PC Bucks. Now I am not busy but I have a ton of stuff and I have not spent a dime!!! So work hard the first 90 days and you can have PC $$ to spend.

With all the incentives it is easy to build your business. Right now I use the $1 cookbooks as gifts and the little scrapers which cost me 60 cents and I use my PC $$.

I do send the invites - it has been one of the best things I ever did for my business. I pay for this, and don't require payment from my host.

My host does pay for ingredients - but I am careful to only do recipes that are going to be inexpensive for hosts. I also provide ingredients if it is something that would be a bigger expense for the host, and they would only use a small amount of it (like Sesame Oil, or Rice Vinegar).

I don't do a lot of extra incentives. I talk about the guest special for the month, and always have it with me to pass around. I do the same with the host specials. I don't think you have to spend a ton of money to get sales. I would suggest, on your next supply order, to purchase the Selling Product Collections CD, and another CD on host coaching. Those will help your sales more than give-aways!

The Host Rewards program is so generous, that you shouldn't have to give away anything without it being tied to specific results that earn you more income.

For my cooking show hosts I add $20 to their free product value if they have 5 or more outside orders before their show (this includes web orders). I tried several things before this...but this has definitely helped increase my percentage of $1000 shows (over 20%). I use the host's discount so it only costs my $14-$15 dollars and I'm not out anything if they don't have the 5 outside orders.

For my catalog hosts, I offer the following: If a friend books a cooking show off of the catalog show, I will double my catalog hosts 10% discount at her friend's show. The catalog host gets a 20% discount, but it only costs me 10%. It's postive for everyone.

Honestly, the best thing we do for our hosts is provide them the opportunity to fully benefit from PC's fabulous host program. Save your incentives for those hosts who truly partner with you for a successful show. :)

I'm with Becky on this one, too. Although I've been providing the recipe ingredients, too (hosts around here seem to really appreciate it).HO gives us a great host program to market. That's all that we need to use to get bookings. Remember, too, that if you offer bonuses to identify them as a limited thing. Otherwise, your customers will get used to you offering extras and they'll expect them.

What is the best way to maximize show averages as a new consultant?

The best way to maximize show averages as a new consultant is to focus on booking shows with a higher number of guests. This can be achieved by utilizing hostess coaching techniques, such as offering incentives for guests to attend and promoting the benefits of hosting a show. Additionally, offering a wide variety of products and showcasing them effectively during the show can also help increase sales.

How can I increase my show averages without spending too much money?

One way to increase show averages without breaking the bank is to make use of the "hostess special" offers. These are discounted products that are only available to the hostess and her guests. By promoting these specials and encouraging guests to take advantage of them, you can increase sales without having to spend a lot of money on advertising or promotions.

What are some effective ways to incentivize guests to make purchases at a show?

There are several ways to incentivize guests to make purchases at a show, such as offering free products or discounts for reaching a certain sales goal, hosting games or raffles with prizes, or providing a special gift for those who make a purchase. It's important to promote these incentives before and during the show to generate excitement and encourage guests to make purchases.

How can I balance my product inventory as a new consultant?

Balancing product inventory as a new consultant can be tricky, but a good rule of thumb is to start with a smaller amount of popular products and gradually add more as you become familiar with your customers' preferences. It's also important to keep track of your inventory and restock popular items as needed. Don't be afraid to ask for advice from more experienced consultants or your Pampered Chef leader.

What are some successful strategies for increasing sales during a show?

Some successful strategies for increasing sales during a show include engaging with guests and building rapport, effectively demonstrating products and their uses, and offering personalized recommendations based on guests' needs. It's also important to have a variety of products and price points available, as well as utilizing cross-selling and upselling techniques to encourage guests to purchase additional items. Lastly, providing exceptional customer service and follow-up after the show can lead to repeat business and referrals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
janel kelly
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Cookoholic
  • Pampered Chef Shows