• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing September Bookings: Tips for Reaching Out to Past Customers

In summary, the speaker is planning to make calls to past customers to book shows for September. They are seeking help with their wording for both answering machine messages and phone conversations. One suggestion is to keep the message brief and not reveal too much information, in order to create interest and get customers to call back. It is recommended to call back in a few days if no response is received, and to continue calling every few days or weeks until a response is received. The key is to be polite and not seem too pushy.
angmillar
Tomorrow, I'm going to get on the phone so I can get my September calendare booked. I have three definite shows and two maybes that month, and I want 8 solid bookings.

This is my first try at phoning past customers besides CC calls.

So, I need help with some wording...

For answering machines, I was thinking of something along these lines.... "Hi. This is Angie Millar with The Pampered Chef. I'm phoning to see if you'd be interested in earning a set or an individual piece of cookware for 60% off. This would be for either our executive set or our new line of stainless steel cookware. If this sounds of interest to you, you can give me a call at 000-0000 or email [email protected]."

For those folks that actually answer the phone, I'm not sure what I'll say. Maybe something like, "Hi. This is Angie Millar with The Pampered Chef. I just found out about a fantastic cookware deal, so I'm calling to let you know. (Then I would go on to explain everything.)

Does this sound okay???

Thanks soooo much!

In my opinion if you leave a message that specific you will not create interest and not get calls back (btw - you need to be calling back - most won't no matter what you say on the message). I would say that you are sorry that you missed them because you wanted to tell them about some exciting new products that everyone has been asking for that are being introduced in September and that you wanted to see if they might be interested in getting deep discounts and/or some free or if they want you to send a new product brochure.

If you actually get a person start by asking if they have a minute and asking how they are (if you know something specific about them that is a plus). Then tell them that you are excited by the new season we are in. Ask them about their cookware and tell them about our sets and other products that are coming out. Let your conversation lead you - some will just be FYI (and do you want a flyer or catalog?), others will be purchase, show or interview.

HTH

Ah, thanks Beth. I hadn't thought of leaving too much info, but now I see what you're saying. I guess by leaving a really detailed message, I'm limiting myself to customers that want new cookware, too.

So.... if you leave a message on voicemail, you always call back in a few days? I'm assuming very few customers actually phone you back, right?

angmillar said:
Ah, thanks Beth. I hadn't thought of leaving too much info, but now I see what you're saying. I guess by leaving a really detailed message, I'm limiting myself to customers that want new cookware, too.

So.... if you leave a message on voicemail, you always call back in a few days? I'm assuming very few customers actually phone you back, right?
Right. Most people won't take the time to call back even when they mean to. It is your business not theirs. So you have to make the call. The trick is to not seem needy and stalky.

If I get a machine several times I will say something like: I am obviously not calling at the right time for you. Please let me know a time that works for you so I'm not filling up your mail box with my messages. I'll keep trying until I get up with you. If they don't want you to call they will either let you know or will continue ignoring. I call every few days and then every week or so and then every month or so until I decide enough is enough. Always be nice, short and sweet.

Hi Angie,Congratulations on your upcoming shows and potential bookings for September! It sounds like you have a great plan in place to reach out to past customers and I'm sure you will have a successful month.As for your wording for answering machines, I think it's great. It's short, to the point, and offers a tempting deal for potential customers. For those who answer the phone, you could also mention that this offer is exclusive to past customers as a thank you for their support and loyalty. This may entice them even more to take advantage of the deal.Overall, your approach sounds professional and inviting. I'm sure your customers will appreciate the personal touch of a phone call and the opportunity to save on quality cookware. Best of luck with your bookings!Warmly,

What is "Need Some Word Help..."?

"Need Some Word Help..." is a feature on the Pampered Chef website that allows users to search for recipes or cooking tips based on specific keywords or ingredients.

How do I use "Need Some Word Help..."?

To use "Need Some Word Help...", simply type in a keyword or ingredient into the search bar and click the search button. The results will show all relevant recipes and tips related to your search term.

Can I search for multiple keywords or ingredients at once?

Yes, you can enter multiple keywords or ingredients into the search bar to narrow down your results. Simply separate each term with a comma.

Do I need to have a Pampered Chef account to use "Need Some Word Help..."?

No, you do not need to have a Pampered Chef account to use this feature. However, having an account will allow you to save your favorite recipes and access other exclusive features.

Are the recipes and tips on "Need Some Word Help..." created by Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, all of the recipes and tips featured on "Need Some Word Help..." are created by Pampered Chef consultants who are trained and knowledgeable in using Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefLisa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedtara
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies