• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales: Encouraging Guests to Buy at Your Cooking Show

I usually give out catalogs at the show, but sometimes people just don't have time to look through them. I think a website would be even better because the host can have their guests look on line if they don't want to decide the night of the show. Bring a wishlist for a gift (or an drawing entry or something).
angmillar
The past three cooking shows have had decent attendance (one had 14 and others around 6), but the majority of the guests are not checking out at the end of the show. Instead, they tell the host that they will get their orders to her before she closes. The host is usually disappointed at the end of the show, since sales are low due to others 'waiting' to order. And, since most don't check out, I don't get an opportunity to ask about hosting.

Any ideas as to how to encourage guests to buy at the actual cooking show?? I've thought about encouraging the host to tell guests that she is closing her show the next day, but most hosts want to hold their shows open until payday. (I live on an air base in Japan, so everyone gets paid on the same days.)

Any help???

Do you think the guests are waiting for payday before they order as well? Do these guests end up actually placing orders? If they do, I'd call them before you place the order to make sure it is correct and then you can always ask about hosting/recruiting then. Or maybe offer a small gift (SB, quikut, etc.) or a % off their order for people who order that day ONLY.

Maybe emphasize that for the hosts benefit, you'd like to get there tentative order (even if they think it might change) so that the host can start picking out her free product. Then you can contact them TOMORROW to confirm the order. Assure them that the show will not be processed until payday if that's the concern. When are you giving out catalogs? Do they have time to really look through them?

Most of them do end up ordering from the host. I like the idea of giving a free gift for those that turn in their order at the show only.

I pass out customer packets as soon as the show begins, so they have plenty of time to look through them... I usually do mention that the host isn't closing until the next payday, but I'm thinking I should emphasize it a bit more. I could always tell everyone to go ahead and postdate their checks as well. (Most probably wouldn't ask to do this, but if I mention it, maybe they would??)

I would make it a priority to tell them at the show, we will be closing "host's" show at the end of the evening so if you know someone who would love to order Pampered Chef at a later time or would be interested in hosting a show, have that name available when you check out. And then ask them about hosting for themselves when they check out!

Maybe the compromise would be to say that you are closing the show that night or the next day, but payments won't be processed until payday. Sometimes people do need time to think about an order. Maybe the host should lend some mini or regular catalogs out before the show if it's a constant issue. That way they've HAD time to look and decide. Do you have a website? That's even better. Tell the host to have their guests look on line if they don't want to decide the night of the show. Bring a wishlist for a gift (or an drawing entry or something). That way they can circle what they want that night.

Jules711 said:
Maybe emphasize that for the hosts benefit, you'd like to get there tentative order (even if they think it might change) so that the host can start picking out her free product. Then you can contact them TOMORROW to confirm the order. Assure them that the show will not be processed until payday if that's the concern. When are you giving out catalogs? Do they have time to really look through them?

I love this idea... I might start doing this with my guests that want to order, but don't want to do it at the show.

1. How can I encourage guests to buy at my cooking show?

To maximize sales at your cooking show, it's important to create a welcoming and engaging atmosphere. Be sure to greet each guest as they arrive and offer them refreshments. Throughout the show, demonstrate the products in a fun and interactive way. Also, offer special deals or discounts to guests who make purchases during the show.

2. How can I make the products more appealing to potential buyers?

One way to make the products more appealing is to highlight their benefits and features. Share personal stories or testimonials from satisfied customers. You can also offer cooking tips and recipe ideas using the products. This will show guests how they can incorporate the products into their daily lives.

3. How do I handle objections from guests who are hesitant to buy?

The best way to handle objections is to listen carefully to the guest's concerns and address them directly. Explain the value and quality of the products and how they can benefit the guest. You can also offer a satisfaction guarantee to ease any doubts or concerns.

4. How can I upsell and cross-sell products during the show?

To upsell and cross-sell products, you can offer bundles or packages that include complementary items. For example, if a guest is purchasing a baking set, you can suggest adding a measuring set or a cookbook. You can also offer add-ons or upgrades to existing purchases to increase the overall sale.

5. How important is follow-up after the show to maximize sales?

Follow-up is crucial to maximizing sales after a cooking show. Be sure to thank guests for attending and making purchases. You can also offer special promotions or discounts for future purchases. Follow up with any guests who expressed interest in hosting their own cooking show and offer them incentives for doing so. This will help build customer loyalty and potentially lead to future sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KarenMarie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies