• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales: A Recap of My Fall Kick-Off Show

C
chelynn
I had my Fall Kick-Off Show yesterday. I sent out over 70 invitations, tri-fold in an envelope with my September newsletter. Sent a reminder e-mail to those that received the invite, sent an e-mail invite to those I only had e-mails for. Called almost everyone that didn't RSVP, and called those who RSVP-ed online that they weren't coming (for new catalogs, orders, and bookings).

I had to refill my ink cartridges to print all the color invites/newsletters. Bought 70 stamps and envelopes. Bought the ingredients for four recipes: the new trifle, the Asian Pork & Noodle Skillet, the Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie, and the Cran-Raspberry Fizz. Did several give-aways and prize drawings, all new products or discounts on orders. Free gift for everyone that came.

Three peope came.

It stands right now at about $157 in sales. I will have a couple more orders coming in, but COME ON! I am so out money for this. I have gotten one booking.

Luckily, I have a booth for three days this weekend, a show Saturday night, two more cooking shows this month, and two catalog shows going on right now. But I was so excited about this! What a bummer. :(

Chelsea~

I know how you feel. Normally when I plan a show for myself, that's what happens too! I can "host coach" myself and do all of the right things...but I just am NOT a person who has good turnouts for things like that!

WOW! I thought I was the only one this happened to. I did a "Grand Opening" last winter and 12 people RSVP'd but no one showed up. And then after conference I re-evaluated my business and did another one. I had my director host coach me. No one showed or RSVP'd. Very disappointing. Chin up and get booking at your booth.

Oh Chelsea, that just bites! I'm so sorry. :cry:

What I have found that works better is for two or three other DS consultants to band together and one big Open House. Each one does a Mystery Host and what's best is that each of you get to meet the other consultants friends.....I always have better luck with that.

Same for me! I invited over 60 people to Pampered Chef Bunco at my house this past weekend--$10 order to play, RSVP by Wed. for extra punches, gift for bringing a friend, PC prizes and recipes supplied by me. THey could choose a Friday night session or a Sunday afternoon session--2 people RSVP'd and both were "no's" My Director suggested the Bunco thing instead of a plain Open House--thought it might be more fun and more people would come. Luckily, I had a really busy week and wasn't going to buy anything (except the prized from PC, of course) until Friday morning. By then I knew it was a bust, so at least I wasn't out $ for food, bunco supplies, etc. Oh, well.

Oh, and btw--make sure and do a drawing for something at your booth (I did $25 in free products) and take the Deep Dish Baker and new Stone with Handles if you have them--I booked 7 shows from my booth a couple of weeks ago for October--they want those two items! The drawing and the new stone catch people's eye, and that gives you a chance to talk to them about specials and recruiting--good luck!

Hey I know how you feel, but you got a booking, and you might get bookings from that. Im so sorry that happened, and I hope you make it up in the upcoming shows and booth!!
Try not to get discouraged. :)

Same thing happened to me last year in Nov. when I did a holiday open house - but I invited over 900 people! 3 showed up. I got a bunch of outside orders to make it a decent show, but it wasn't the same. I'll never do another one of my own again. If people want to see the products, they'll have to book a show with me and host it at their own house!!!!

I also did the same thing last november along with someone from tasefully simple and creative memories. It was at my house, I did all the flyers got everything ready and 2 people showed up--no orders at all. Creative memories consultant bought 160 off tastefully simple, tastefully simple bought 75 off of creative memories and I had no sales. I will not do that again either!
Then I found out that they were at an open house the week before, which is where all there contacts went to and they had awesome sales---they could have told me before I set the whole thing up

I had to work really hard for the fall preview show I just had the end of August. I ended up with 12 or so orders and around $600 in commissionable sales. It wasn't like my April show when I had 16 people show up, though. This one I held on a Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, which was more work. I did get a couple of bookings and maybe a couple more. I'm not sure if I'll do another one for the new spring products. I'll have to talk to my hosts to see if they want to come and book new shows for the next year.

I don't ever have much luck either. Sorry guys!

I thought I was the only one this happend to also! I had one my first holiday season 3 years ago and not one person came! I had so much food and the house looking really nice.

My family was happy to eat the food. I almost felt bad for them because they felt so bad for me.

The only good thing about it was my kids got to see me working hard and to see my positive attitude when things didn't go well.

Now they celebrate my good times with my company and I always look for the positive when things don't go as well.

Good Luck in the future.

Fall boothI had my fall booth this last weekend. Not a huge success but I did get $100 in orders and 4 bookings. 1 wedding registry lead and 1 recruit lead. The booth was only $15 b/c I shared with another DS (Baby Crazy) consultant.
Which I will not do that again... I spent alot of my time watching her booth while she went and did other things...a couple of times she left her 3 mth old baby with me to watch. Needles to say she didn't do very well. I wonder why???

I will be holding a Christmas open house with my grandma(she Sales Avon) in November. I am sort of looking forward to it. A day with my grandma and making some extra money it should be fun!!!

I am so sorry! I also had a flop for my one and only open house back a couple of months ago.

I am not saying that I am glad that this happened to you but I am glad to know that I am not the only one that this happened to. I had an open house last year and it was a total flop and I was so disappointed about it. I am so glad that I am not the only one.

1. How can I increase attendance for my sales event?

There are a few strategies you can use to increase attendance for your sales event. First, make sure you have a clear and enticing invitation. Consider including a special offer or discount for those who attend. You can also use social media and email marketing to reach a wider audience. Another idea is to partner with local businesses or organizations to help spread the word.

2. How can I track and follow up with RSVPs?

Using a spreadsheet or CRM tool, keep track of who has RSVPed and who hasn't. This will help you plan for food and supplies, as well as follow up with those who haven't responded. You can also set up automated email reminders to those who have not yet RSVPed.

3. How can I make my sales event more enticing for attendees?

Consider offering special deals or discounts for attendees, as well as fun and interactive activities such as games or product demonstrations. You can also provide free samples or giveaways to entice people to attend.

4. How can I ensure a successful sales event?

In addition to promoting your event and making it enticing for attendees, it's important to have a well-planned and organized event. Make sure you have enough supplies, food, and staff to handle the expected turnout. Also, follow up with attendees after the event to thank them for coming and to offer any follow-up deals or promotions.

5. What can I do if my sales event does not meet my expectations?

If your sales event does not meet your expectations, don't be discouraged. Evaluate what may have gone wrong and learn from it for future events. Additionally, follow up with attendees and offer them exclusive deals or discounts to make up for any disappointment. Keep promoting your products and services through other channels, such as social media and email marketing, to continue generating sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
feather18
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy