• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Productivity: Insights from Franklin Covey Planner Users

In summary, the 2007 calendar is much larger than the 2006 one and will not fit in the 2006 holder/cover. The rolling contact list is fantastic.
Shawnna
Gold Member
I have seen several of these for sale recently. Can someone who uses/used it please tell me what the benefits of using it are or why you quit using it. I like the planner we get from PC so I haven't invested in the FC planner. Does it make a difference for your business?

I am also curious about this. I have never even seen it, just mentioned.

it's a great way to keep all your shows listed, family activities, to set daily or weekly priorities. I did not use mine as much as I should have, put that is one thing I am working on right noew and did order the refills for 2007.
Jeanette

For the price, I'm not impressed. I find a simple carry around calendar more useful.

Too expensive!
pamperdawn said:
For the price, I'm not impressed. I find a simple carry around calendar more useful.

Me too! :D

Debbie

Be forewarned, having seen the 2007 Franklin Covey calendar at National, I don't think it's going to fit into the planner cover from 2006.

You can purchase the 2007 calendar (just the "innards") and use with your own binder/cover. It is 3-hole punched. The spiral is about twice as big as the one from 2006 (that's why I dont think it's going to fit in the 2006 cover) but you should be able to easily cut the spiral to use it in any 3-hole cover/binder. That's what I plan to do.

I don't think it's going to fit into the planner cover from 2006.

The spiral is about twice as big as the one from 2006

I'm looking at my 2006 one in front of me (with the extra added beautiful coffee stain at the top of August) and I think there is plenty of room for the 2007 calendar.

I work out of my home full time even outside of PC, and what I like is that I can have my entire month in front of me, my shows, my Jazzercise classes, the date with my husband (we're going to see Chorus Line on Wednesday), little notes on what I need to do every day, and then I can flip over to the weekly and put more detailed info in there. I was using the computerized calendar in Outlook that syncs with my Palm and, even being a major computer geek, find this to work so much better for me. I will for sure buy the 2007 one.

What does the 2007 innards look like? I like my FC planner but there are also things about it I wish they would improve on. It needs pocket badly for flyers and things like that I want to keep track of, also it needs a better pencil/pen holder thingy. It only has one. I also like having 3 rings for looseleaf paper.
I do like thier planner calendar part - with the monthly and daily - but I am almost to the point of just using the calendar that PC sends us and putting it in my own binder so I can have all the compartments I want!
I am just reading ChefJeannie's post and I just might do that. I have a pretty black 3 hole binder already - with pockets!

Last edited:
LisaKIsrael said:
I think there is plenty of room for the 2007 calendar.

The reason I'm not sure the 2007 "innards" will fit in the 2006 holder/cover (whatever you want to call it) is because the spiral that holds the calendar together is MUCH larger than on the 2006 calendar.

Cindy,

The need for pockets was why I purchased only the innards for the 2006 calendar. I took it to a printer and had 3-punch holes drilled. I'm very happy that the 2007 calendar is 3-punched so all I'll need to do is cut the spiral off and put the pages into the cover that I carry. FYI, the 2007 cover is still not a 3-ring binder.

Clear as mud?

BUY IT! Franklin Covey Planner Has Changed My LIFE!Take the class at conference on how to use it. Or ask if they will offer a teleclass. It has you plan productive time, find what you value and set goals so you have more downtime with your family and friends. The rolling contact list in the front is FANTASTIC!!! I only recruited 4 people all last year. I was terrible on follow up. After getting on this system I have already recruited 12 this year! This planner is wonderful if you use it daily. I think there is plenty of room if you use the system correctly and I will never use anything else. I also saw the 2007 refills and I can't imagine they will not fit. The whole purpose of the cover is to only have to get the refills every year. Plus, can you imagine how many freaked out consultants they would have if it didn't fit. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Franklin Covey.

chefgirl2 - do you have any pointers or notes from that class? It interferred with another I needed and was not able to fit it in! Thanks in advance!

Chefgirl2 said:
Plus, can you imagine how many freaked out consultants they would have if it didn't fit.
It wouldn't be the first time people were freaked out.

Notes From Franklin Covey Class - Hope this helps.I think since I was so unorganized is why this class worked for me. In my original notes I commit to going to http://www.fcprofiles.com/focus and take a complete survey which helps me figure out how I spend my time.

The test will show how productive your day is. Your goal is to not do time wasters, and to plan time to work so you have more time with family and friends.

They break it down into zones. You want to spend the highest percent of your time in Zone 2. In January I was only 12% in Zone 2! Yikes!

Zone 1 Urgent and Important activity (deadine minutes away, it must be done now, taking kids to the hospital, planning a meeting 20 minutes before it happens.) You feel stressed, unhealthy,and insignificant because it needs immediate attention, now.

Zone 2 Not Urgent and Important (host calls, shows, meeting planning, meetings, consultant calls, family life etc...) You ARE productive and feel calm, peaceful and life is in harmony! You want to LIVE in Zone 2!

Zone 3 Not Important and Urgent (these seem important but are not -emails, other peoples problems, unnecessary reports and meetings and lengthy phone calls.) These make us feel like a victim and discourage us. BEWARE - You think you are working but you are not!

Zone 4 Not Urgent and Not important (Mindless TV, internet(Yikes), killing time, irrelevant emails.) These make you feel burned out, falsly relaxed, guilty and really take a toll on us.

Once you figure out where you are working then you set your values. This is harder than it sounds but, the planner has suggestions and a CD comes with it. I wasn't into the CD, but others love it.

The next thing is what we teach our consultants to do: write down everyting that you want to do that month. This can include Cluster Meeting Date, Doctor's Appointment, Parent's Lunch at school, PTA meeting, Scouts, Games, Birthdays...anything that you would never want to miss.

Next schedule when you will do what you value and when you will work. This will include church times, exercize, planning and setting new consultant training and other meetings that you offer, office time, volunteer work, any classes you want to take, and planning time for fun with friends and family.

Choose one night a week to take 20 minutes to have a planning session with your whole family. In the weekly portion of your planner write down everything from school reports due, playdates, sleepovers, games, music lessons, datenight, shows, meetings, when we visit family and friends, etc... we even have the kids choose the chores they want for the week and the night they want to plan and help make dinner!

Everynight take 5-15 minutes to plan your day. This will go in the weekly portion. Next you prioritze your task in the lower section of the page. If you use the icons to show if you did it or ot this will help.

The best part of the Franklin Covey is the Rolling Contact List in the front of the planner. If you have this with you at shows or in your car you can add potential consultants to the list and their names won't be lost on some random drawing slip. I know this is why I have been able to follow up and get more recruits signed this year than ever!

You need to commit to 30 days of this program. If you stick with it you will be amazed how your shows hold, you recruit and train better, and most importantly you and your family are happier.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this planner and yes, it could be that it doesn't lay smooth but it would be worth every penny buying a new cover if needed. I really believe this planner has changed my life 100% for the better.

1. What is a Franklin Covey Planner?

A Franklin Covey Planner is a paper-based organizational system designed to help individuals manage their time, tasks, and goals. It includes various tools such as calendars, to-do lists, and goal-setting worksheets to help users stay organized and focused.

2. How is a Franklin Covey Planner different from other planners?

Unlike most planners, a Franklin Covey Planner follows a specific planning system called the "Seven Habits" which focuses on prioritization, time management, and goal achievement. It also offers a wide range of customizable layouts and tools to suit individual needs and preferences.

3. Can I use a Franklin Covey Planner for both personal and professional purposes?

Yes, a Franklin Covey Planner is designed to help individuals manage both personal and professional aspects of their lives. It offers sections and tools for both work and personal tasks, making it a versatile tool for all aspects of life.

4. How often do I need to update my Franklin Covey Planner?

The frequency of updates depends on your personal preference and schedule. Some users prefer to update their planner daily, while others do it weekly or even monthly. It is recommended to review and update your planner at least once a week to ensure it remains an effective tool for managing your tasks and goals.

5. Can I use a Franklin Covey Planner digitally?

Yes, in addition to paper-based planners, Franklin Covey also offers digital versions that can be used on computers, tablets, and smartphones. These digital planners offer the same planning system and tools as the paper-based versions, making it easy to switch between the two formats as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tpk5732
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • adnoel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Pampered Jean
  • kcjodih