• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing My Cruise Rewards: 69K+ Points Earned with More to Come in December

In summary, the cruises earned 69,000+ points and at least 6,000 more points were earned in December. The recruiting points are 10,000. One consultant is $450 away from qualifying, the other three are piddling around and not interested in getting there any time soon. The one who is $450 is a spoiled brat who will no return emails, phone calls, or texts, posts all over facebook how much fun she is having partying with her friends. I recruited plenty, they either tanked or are just not motivated no matter how much we talk or train. I am NOT submitting a $450 show to qualify the last person, hubby says no way.
Nanisu
Gold Member
total points earned for the cruises....69,000+ at least 6K more in December. Total recruiting points....10,000. One consultant is $450 away from qualifying, the other three are piddling around and not interested in getting there any time soon. The one who is $450 is a spoiled brat who will no return emails, phone calls, or texts, posts all over facebook how much fun she is having partying with her friends....no other hopes on the horizon to qualify. I recruited plenty, they either tanked or are just not motivated no matter how much we talk or train. I am NOT submitting a $450 show to qualify the last person, hubby says no way.

Sigh.....

If it's any consolation - I need one more to qualify. She needs $900 more and has told me her focus is on hold until mid January. UGH!! I need to get a new recruit:)

My main issue is I never planned to cruise...I'm fine on the boat, but sick for 3-4 weeks later. As much as I love PC vacations getting sick again isn't worth the risk for me.

Last edited:
DON'T GIVE UP!!!!! You still have over a month to earn it!! Do you have anybody who has thought of signing you hasn't yet? Maybe offer them a deal (half price kit if they qualify by the end of the year, free products if they qualify by the end of the year, etc). There are always options and you aren't out until it's 12:00:01 January 1st 2012!!

Please please please be careful what you are saying about submitting for team members. I know everyone does it and personally I don't care because in the situation I'd do it too.... but HO has been auditing and they do monitor sites like this.

Just had a member of my cluster get audited and they took her trip and over rides away.

So if you are going to do it please do it as smart as you possibly can because if you get caught, the consequences are pretty bad.

What about level 1 bronze level you would have earned that you have the points

vanscootin said:
Please please please be careful what you are saying about submitting for team members. I know everyone does it and personally I don't care because in the situation I'd do it too.... but HO has been auditing and they do monitor sites like this.

Just had a member of my cluster get audited and they took her trip and over rides away.

So if you are going to do it please do it as smart as you possibly can because if you get caught, the consequences are pretty bad.

Please be careful saying everybody does it. :) Last year I was close and could have earned the trip in early December had one of my recruits qualified (or had I "paid" for her to qualify) but I earned it the right way and got my sales to the right spot to earn them.

Personally I don't agree with the practice of paying to keep your incentives/title. I even know of a director who supposedly signs up family members every so often to keep her title and puts sales under them. Stuff like that does come back to bite you i the butt.

We have till December 31 ,2011. 12:00 pm to earn not Jan 1 2012

Don't give up yet. I've had 4 people today contact me about orders and/or shows.

chef131doreen said:
We have till December 31 ,2011. 12:00 pm to earn not Jan 1 2012

I said it wasn't over until Jan 1st, she had until midnight December 31st.

wadesgirl said:
Please be careful saying everybody does it. :) Last year I was close and could have earned the trip in early December had one of my recruits qualified (or had I "paid" for her to qualify) but I earned it the right way and got my sales to the right spot to earn them.

Personally I don't agree with the practice of paying to keep your incentives/title. I even know of a director who supposedly signs up family members every so often to keep her title and puts sales under them. Stuff like that does come back to bite you i the butt.

I didn't mean any offense wadesgirl... it was more of a general statement. My appologies.

1) No, I still need one more for Bronze in recruiting.
need 6 qualified
2) I never submit for a consultant. i would give her the show to submit
3) this was never meant to start a discussion about the validity of submitting for someone else. It was meant for me to say how bummed I was that I worked so hard and despite my working hard (note the sales points), I can't make the trip--my first that I will have missed in 11 years--because of one consultant who refuses to even try.

Geez...why does every post on this sight have to turn into a major discussion about what we do wrong/right? How about a "oh, I'm sorry nancy I know you worked really hard this year..."

Nanisu said:

1) No, I still need one more for Bronze in recruiting.
need 6 qualified
2) I never submit for a consultant. i would give her the show to submit
3) this was never meant to start a discussion about the validity of submitting for someone else. It was meant for me to say how bummed I was that I worked so hard and despite my working hard (note the sales points), I can't make the trip--my first that I will have missed in 11 years--because of one consultant who refuses to even try.

Geez...why does every post on this sight have to turn into a major discussion about what we do wrong/right? How about a "oh, I'm sorry nancy I know you worked really hard this year..."

I'm sorry Nancy... my intention wasn't to start a major discussion about what's right and what's wrong. It was simply a caution. I just watched my entire cluster fall apart because of an audit causing this person to resign after 20+ years of service. Because, apparently, even handing a team member sales to submit is against the rules.

I'm sure you did work hard this year and I understand you are just blowing off steam. And yeah it sucks to have someone on your team who won't do anything. Believe me, I know... I have 5 of them. It blows big ones that we work so hard to recruit and build a team, but have to rely on them to keep a title, or earn a trip. I'm sure you'll work hard and earn it.

I need one more too! I have 2 that could do it, I hope so!

I'm sure the comment wasn't directed AT you Nancy- as much it is a caution for others who will read this thread, now or in the future, and think something is ok when it may not be. I am sorry though you are having a hard time. Perhaps that last gal will submit a show yet this month (Dec) and you'll make it.

Oh I hope someone on your team gets motivated or you get a new recruit! Wow it's obvious you have sold tons of products; you deserve a cruise! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I wasn't trying to start anything, just pointing out that not everybody does it (and as mentioned above it can lead to bad things or bad habits). It's still too early to give up!!!

No worries I don't want to think of Jan yet then it's too late so I just think of Dec as the END .
I too have 2 more to qualify one just joined on Monday though I have had 8 join this year but someone decided to give up too soon . 1 needs 495 .oo I am just working really close with here th help with friends collecting orders . The other brand new one same thing really over booking catalog parties.
Good luck to all

Nancy - DON'T GIVE UP!! Maybe if you talk to her - give her some ideas - she'll come up with something! For some, December is a really tough month to book. I wanted to share some ideas we sent out on our team yesterday - with the premise that a strong December will bring an even stronger January - and since January is Free For All - who DOESN'T want a strong January?

1- Pamper a Business - This is one of the easiest ways to get a few orders together for a quick catalog show. Make a yummy dessert and take it to a local business and leave it in their break room along with some catalogs and order forms. Assign one person to be in charge of collecting orders. That person gets the Host Rewards. Go back in 2-3 days to pick up your dish and collect the orders!

2- Offer a Gift Giving Workshop - This one could be a lot of fun - not to mention a great way to get your foot in the door for all kinds of future opportunities. But you will need to get this one organized quickly. Have a group or organization pay $15 (per person) up front. You pre-order the small batter bowl for each of them on a past host discount and use the extra money to purchase ingredients for one of our stackable mixes (that you can find on our website) - brownies or cookies or whatever you'd like. Then you get together with the group and teach them how to stack the ingredients to make a really cute gift. Everyone leaves with a gift already made! A friend of mine did this with a Girl Scout Troupe and had a blast! This one gives you a small party to turn in now to get the batter bowls in time and another party afterward because you know your guests will want to purchase some of the other tools they got to play with while making these gifts.

3- Offer a Cookie Demo for Kids - Make the cookie dough before the party and divide it into 4 parts. At the party, have 4 different stations for the kids to make 4 different kinds of cookies. There are all kinds of options for this: orange zest in some, peanut butter cups in others, crunch up Heath bars to mix in with some, .... The list goes on and on.

4 - Mystery Catalog Show - Get 5 - 10 different people to collect $150 in orders. This guarantees a $750 show, then draw for who gets what part of the Host Rewards. Call it Reindeer Games - create a sticker to slap onto the front of some catalogs, throw in some order forms, and have them with you at all times. You never know who you might run into that would be interested in "playing" - you can give them a packet on the spot!
(Let me know if you are interested in this one, I can e-mail you a sticker for your catalogs!)

5- Do a Pantry Show - You can offer this to potential hosts or do it in your own home. This is a great way to let people taste some of our pantry items. I can get you more information on how to use your pantry items to really make this a success (or even give you some if you don't have any).
Ask the guests (or any of your customers) if they want to be part of your Pantry Club. Then make a list of those people and call them every 3 months to see if they need any refills!

Again - don't give up. You still have 32 days to help her make this happen!

Also be careful about what you make comments on about your recruits. If I where her and saw what you posted, I would almost be inclined to do just the opposite of what you needed to get back at you so to speak. And you never know sometimes who is behind those screen names! Many years back I think we had an incident like that happen out here. The Recruiter had no idea some of her recruits where out here and she she said a few things that were very unmotivating about them. All three cancelled shows just to get even. That never came out out here but I knew them personally and that is how they got even for the negative stuff their recruiter said about them. Their comment - it was their business not "hers". They would run it the way the wanted.

Mountainmama thanks so much for your reply, my issue is that this consultant clearly has no interest in continuing her business, never really did I don't think from the start, and there is no one else in the pipe to qualify. I have one other consultant who just has done nothing either. I have emailed and spoke with HER several times and she is not a follower-througher either. Sigh. I DO share all those ideas for business building at every team meeting....

Honestly, if I knew the person was not interested in her business and had no intention of qualifying then I would just let her know what she could do to help you out. I don't make recruiting about me at all.............but, if I had someone that close and nothing else was motivating her, I would more than likely tell her, "Look, clearly you have decided that PC isn't for you. And that's fine. We offer the opportunity to try with the agreement that you will submit $1250 in sales. Is there any way I can help you do that? I would love to help you honor your commitment and it does affect me as well" Then if she asked how it affected me I would tell her. Maybe if she knew that if she just did one more show you would get what you have already clearly earned in your own sales. I've found that people really are willing to help other people if they just know how.

Nancy, I'll be darned if I would let $450 stop me from a cruise! Are you kidding me? I know this girl doesn't want to do anything, but if you have any shows in Dec I'd maybe give her a booking that you have to do herself...I know it's SAT, but a few free products are worth giving up so this girl can do a $450 show for you. I'd call her and tell her what you have at stake and see if she will just do it for you...and I don't think that's illegal because you arent giving them sales that you already had done from a show, just the booking...like if you were ill and couldn't do it anyway. I'd try it and see what she says.

Oh, Nancy, I'm sorry that you're feeling so bummed.

I agree with the others, there is still time, but I also know how frustrating it is when your prospects are looking so bleak.

Could you maybe bring her along to any of your holiday booths? That way you're not directly just handing her the sales.

The problem is, she returns no phone calls, no emails, no FB posts, no FB messages, no messages through her mom.....but posts all over FB how much fun she is having with the rest of her life.

I did send her an email telling her how it affected me. No reply. Sent the same message through FB. No reply.

That really really sucks! It's frustrating to try and help, and just get flat out ignored.

What is "No Cruising for Me....."?

"No Cruising for Me....." is a workshop offered by Pampered Chef that teaches customers how to make delicious and healthy meals without the use of cruise control.

Why should I attend this workshop?

This workshop will provide you with valuable tips and techniques for making meals that are both tasty and healthy, without relying on the convenience of cruise control. It will also introduce you to some of Pampered Chef's products that can make meal prep easier and more efficient.

Are there any requirements for attending this workshop?

No, there are no requirements for attending this workshop. It is open to anyone who is interested in learning how to cook without relying on cruise control.

Will there be any product promotions or sales at the workshop?

While this workshop is primarily focused on teaching cooking techniques, there may be some product promotions or sales available. However, the main focus will be on education and providing valuable tips and techniques for cooking without cruise control.

How do I sign up for "No Cruising for Me....."?

You can sign up for this workshop by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or by visiting the Pampered Chef website and searching for upcoming workshops in your area. Spaces are limited, so be sure to reserve your spot as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • cincychef