• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Mileage Points for Free Flights: A Beginner's Guide

In summary, it takes a lot of miles and they have lots of restrictions on redeeming them. Delta is 50K for most flights now.
chefallison53
How many points does it take to get a free flight? I have never had a mileage card beofre and am looking for some knowledge! Thanks so much!!!

It takes a lot of miles and they have lots of restrictions on redeeming them.

Delta is 50K for most flights now. It used to be 25K , but you can barely find those anymore.

We just redeemed 150K for my flight to Denver with the 2 little ones. It helps if you have the american express that gets you skymiles.

NWA was still 20-30K so I hope that hasn't changed! :(Good luck!

That sounds about right, Janet. DH just redeemed his for a flight to Duluth, MN for a car show.

discover card with the miles program gives you 2miles for every $1 spent on travel (hotel, car rental, airline, cruise, restaurant purchase) purchases you make upto 3000.00 each year. Every other type of purchase (gas, department store, or after 3000 it is 1mile for $1 spent. When you have 5000 miles you can redeem for a $50 account credit against a travel purchase. You can use whatever travel source you want (travelocity, southwest) whatever accepts discover card. So you earn miles for the purchase and then get credits against it. For example you by mcdonalds for breakfast everyday for a week at $3 a day =15 dollars at the end of the week and is 30 miles. You make an airline purchase of $150 you earned 300 miles, the hotel was 200/night for 5 nights is 1000= 2000 miles. Just a few examples to show how it adds up.

Delta still has some for 25,000 miles - just depends on the destination.

I have united and this is what I do.I earn air miles for shopping at Safeway (safeway chains), for every $250 spent I earn 125 miles. It adds up.Then I shop their vendors (vista print is one) 7 miles for every $2 spent.Also I joined Mypoints.com and have just redeemed 5,000 points for 2,500 miles. I will send you an email if you want more info on mypoints.I try not to get air mile cards, they tend to have an annual fee and I don't do that and would like to not add to my debt. So I am earning miles any way I can w/out a new card.

The way I paid for my round trip flight this year, I gave up my seat last year for a later flight. They gave me a $250 voucher. My ticket cost $264 so I had to pay $14. If they ask again this year, I'll do it again.

Related to Maximizing Mileage Points for Free Flights: A Beginner's Guide

1. How do I earn mileage points for free flights?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can earn mileage points through various methods such as flying with partner airlines, using credit cards that offer mileage points, and shopping through airline shopping portals. Additionally, you can also earn points by booking hotels, renting cars, and dining at partner restaurants.

2. Can I use my mileage points for any airline?

No, mileage points can only be used for the specific airline or partner airlines that you have earned them with. However, some airlines allow you to transfer your points to a different airline's loyalty program.

3. How do I maximize my mileage points?

To maximize your mileage points, you can take advantage of promotions and bonuses offered by your airline, use credit cards that offer bonus points for specific categories such as travel or dining, and strategically plan your travel to earn points with partner airlines.

4. Are there any fees associated with using mileage points for flights?

Yes, there may be fees such as taxes and surcharges when redeeming your mileage points for flights. However, these fees are typically lower than the cost of purchasing a flight with cash.

5. Can I transfer my mileage points to someone else?

Some airlines allow you to transfer your mileage points to a family member or friend, but there may be a fee involved. It is best to check with your specific airline's loyalty program for their transfer policies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
NinaPChef
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat