• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Host Special: Submitting Orders with a Co-Host Consultant under $300

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who wants to submit individual orders as a show to take advantage of the host special, but is not sure whether to enter herself as the host or her friend as the host. They also discuss whether consultants can get commission on their own shows and whether they can co-host a show. It is clarified that consultants can order with the host discount, but do not receive commission on those purchases. It is also mentioned that consultants cannot co-host a show.
lisacb77
Here is my situation...not quite sure what I can do. I have about $300 in individual orders that I'd like to submit as a show. One of my best buds (a past host) is willing to let me submit the orders as a show in her name, b/c she really wants the host special this month and none of her booking benefits came through for her. She is fine with me using the FPV and the 1/2 price items since I did the work, she's really just interested in that host special and maybe some 20% off items.

So should I just enter her as the host, or can I/should I enter myself as co-host? If I use the FPV and 1/2 price and she uses the host special and discount, woudl that work OK? If she orders w/the 20% discount do I still make commission off it?

Or should I just order my stuff under her name since I'm not paying anything anyway? Help!

Also, if there is a host & co-host, which one do the orders go to? If it's the main host, should I be the host & her the co-host?

I would just put your friend down as the host. If you are the host, you wouldn't get any commission on your order, but if you are only using the free product & 1/2 price, you wouldn't get commission on that no matter who the host was. So just put your friend down as the only host.

By the way, does this help put you past the $150 you needed for the sell a thon that you had in another thread? If so, congrats!

Thanks, that's what I was thinking to do also!

NO, it doesn't. I still need the $150. BLECH. I might not get it and I just need to bless and release if no one responds to my discount emails by my Tuesday deadline.

I would check it out, I don't think you can co-host a show, just flat out consultant as host, but I may be wrong.

Why don't consultants get commissions on their own shows?

PamperedBrandy said:
Why don't consultants get commissions on their own shows?

Consultants get commission for the guest orders from the shows they host, but don't get any commission off of what they buy as a host.

Ahhh, ok, that makes sense. Thanks! :)

I"m pretty sure you can put consultant as host; then your friend as co-host. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've done this before with my mystery host shows.Then if you mark your friend as co-host, the show will be shipped to you. (it's always shipped to the main host)

"Co-hosts are not allowed when the consultant is the host for a show."I just tried it and this is what popped up.

If the consulatant is the host...does the consultant get the hostess benefit at shows booked off of that show, like a normal host would?

The consultant is not supposed to be able to get the host booking benefit. Someone else on here said they had been getting it with no problem. The only problem I can see is that the consultant is not supposed to order on a host order. So, to make things safe, I would use hubby's name or someone else's name and have it sent to your address c/o you.

Kate, thanks for the info on the pop up!

I did an open house in August with $500+ in sales. I did order a few items with the 25% discount no problem. I wouldn't think HO would want to punish us for doing well on our own hosting by making us stick with the lower discount!

lisacb77 said:
Kate, thanks for the info on the pop up!

I did an open house in August with $500+ in sales. I did order a few items with the 25% discount no problem. I wouldn't think HO would want to punish us for doing well on our own hosting by making us stick with the lower discount!
Consultants CAN order items with the host discount but we do NOT get commission on those purchases like we do if someone else is host. We get all the benefits of any other host except that we do not get the booking benefit (it's our job to get those bookings) and we don't get paid commission on whatever we would buy with the host discount.

And, as others have stated, we cannot co-host a show.

Related to Maximizing Host Special: Submitting Orders with a Co-Host Consultant under $300

What is the "Maximizing Host Special" promotion?

The "Maximizing Host Special" is a promotion offered by Pampered Chef where hosts can earn additional rewards by submitting orders with a co-host consultant under $300.

How much can a host earn with the "Maximizing Host Special" promotion?

Hosts can earn an additional $25 in free products for every co-host consultant they submit an order with under $300. There is no limit to the number of co-host consultants a host can submit orders with.

Can a host still earn regular host rewards in addition to the "Maximizing Host Special" rewards?

Yes, hosts can still earn regular host rewards based on the total sales from their party, in addition to the "Maximizing Host Special" rewards for submitting orders with co-host consultants under $300.

Is there a deadline to submit orders with co-host consultants for the "Maximizing Host Special" promotion?

Yes, orders must be submitted with co-host consultants by the end of the qualifying month in order to receive the "Maximizing Host Special" rewards.

Can a host use the "Maximizing Host Special" promotion for online or in-person parties?

Yes, the "Maximizing Host Special" promotion can be used for both online and in-person parties. As long as the orders are submitted with co-host consultants under $300 during the qualifying month, the host can earn the additional rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • BlessedWifeMommy