• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Fundraising Profits: Tupperware vs At Home America

In summary, Tupperware gives 40% of sales to organizations, which puts competitors at a disadvantage. My SIL was thinking about getting into Tupperware and is having a show tomorrow, but she has decided to go with At Home America instead. PC is the only product line that is not limited and everyone HAS to use these types of tools in their home regardless of the amount of cooking they do. The host doesn't "get" other than the monthly special, and we only "get" 15% base commission from the show sales.
tvwalsh72
Did you know Tupperware gives 40% of sales to organizations? How can I compete with that? My SIL was thinking about getting into Tupperware and is having a show tomorrow. I looked at the back of the catalog and my jaw dropped. She has decided to go with At Home America instead.

I've been trying to get some Relay for Life teams to have a fundraiser. The Tupperware girl is fairly new, but I hear she is really gung ho and having like 3-4 shows a week.

They actually have a special catalog and the prices are INCREASED by 40% so the customer is actually paying the extra NOT Tupperware. I make sure to tell people that about PC. Same catalog and prices, unlike some other companies.

I think that everyone has to choose the company that they are most excited about, but I think that PC is the only one that isn't limited. Everyone HAS to use these types of tools in their home regardless of the amount of cooking they do. No kitchen is without a spoon or spatula or can opener. I have TW (my best friend sells it) but I have enough. I don't really love much of the decorative stuff. PC is the only thing I could sell and I always do really well with expos so I know PC is a fave for others too.

tvwalsh72 said:
Did you know Tupperware gives 40% of sales to organizations? How can I compete with that? My SIL was thinking about getting into Tupperware and is having a show tomorrow. I looked at the back of the catalog and my jaw dropped. She has decided to go with At Home America instead.

I've been trying to get some Relay for Life teams to have a fundraiser. The Tupperware girl is fairly new, but I hear she is really gung ho and having like 3-4 shows a week.

Yep there is a limited catalog AND it does have price increases!!!

I did a fundraiser open house for a small school district and Tupperware was there also. At the end of the day, Tupperware sales were $350 and mine were $1585!! So the % of what PC gave and I added 5% was more!

I also offered a donation for each show that was booked off of the fundraiser. I didn't just offer a dollar amount, instead I offered 5% of the show sales when the show held. I am excited to say that all 3 bookings from the fundraiser held AND they were over $1000...It was an additional $200+ for the fundraiser! And of course for me it was only 5% out of the 30% I make! So well worth the investment for a good cause!!

I heard a few people grumbling about the selection from Tupperware and the prices:grumpy: :mad: ...so I was happy with what PC was able to contribute.:thumbup:

In the end, everyone has to decide what product they really feel good about.

My Previous Product Line gave 20 percent to fundraisers right off the top. I made more than 20 percent so I usually gave them 20 percent out of my pocket and took the free product to add to my kit. It was a tax writeoff for me. Of course, it turned out to be a waste of my time, since PPL usually retired the stuff I just got!

I usually give away most or all of my paycheck to fundraisers in addition to what they get from PC. This shows them that their cause is important to me too! It helps me achieve sales goals and get my name out there, so it's worth it.

Fundraisers aren't about making money. They are about reaching out in a community and building your Future Business with customer and potential consultant leads. The host doesn't "get" other than the monthly special, and we only "get" 15% base commission from the show sales. None of these are particular big money makers -- fundraisers are not about making money.

Instead, FR are about giving money to worthy organizations.

Once you explain this to people, and they begin to look at it from the company's perspective, they begin to look more favorably on PC... offering its whole entire catalog without increased prices.

>>I think there is a very lucrative future for PC in using past season products in a new FR catalog for higher profit for everyone - hello, HO - don't you think people might buy Professional Cookware at full price knowing half, or more of its proceeds were going to help send Johnny to camp or to help Nicole's soccer team? Striped SA? Those green/blue striped mixing bowls? The customers both get GREAT products and get to help Johnny/Nicole!<<

Back to current reality, I offer a further bump to the host if she reaches 1K that I will give 5% and will ask my director to give 5% of her commission so she receives 25% on the show.

I did donate my entire comission to my uber-successful FR that was 3300. My wife was hacked b/c I worked very hard for it, but it was a writeoff and I have gotten lots of future business from it--at full commission.

scottcooks said:
Fundraisers aren't about making money. They are about reaching out in a community and building your Future Business with customer and potential consultant leads. The host doesn't "get" other than the monthly special, and we only "get" 15% base commission from the show sales. None of these are particular big money makers -- fundraisers are not about making money. Instead, FR are about giving money to worthy organizations.Once you explain this to people, and they begin to look at it from the company's perspective, they begin to look more favorably on PC... offering its whole entire catalog without increased prices. >>I think there is a very lucrative future for PC in using past season products in a new FR catalog for higher profit for everyone - hello, HO - don't you think people might buy Professional Cookware at full price knowing half, or more of its proceeds were going to help send Johnny to camp or to help Nicole's soccer team? Striped SA? Those green/blue striped mixing bowls? The customers both get GREAT products and get to help Johnny/Nicole!<<Back to current reality, I offer a further bump to the host if she reaches 1K that I will give 5% and will ask my director to give 5% of her commission so she receives 25% on the show.I did donate my entire comission to my uber-successful FR that was 3300. My wife was hacked b/c I worked very hard for it, but it was a writeoff and I have gotten lots of future business from it--at full commission.
Really? and your director gives 5% of her commission for a fundraiser that you are doing? I have a really great director, but can't imagine asking her to give up her commission for a fundraiser I am doing.......especially on a regular basis. (I do several fundraisers a year)

They are able to give more % of the $ since they raise their prices. PC does not raise their prices and gives less $ which I think would be better in the long run b/c people may would spend more money b/c the prices are not inflated.

I have only did one small fundrasier though that the people just bought themselves and did not try for any outside orders or anything.

Thanks so much for all your words of wisdom, I feel better now.

I just heard that a local school is doing a tupperware fundraiser right now. I'm anxious to see the catalog. I need to get on the stick and send out my letters, I have them ready, I've just been so busy with life that I need to get myself out there. I'm a teacher so I need to work on my school, too.

Tricia

I am very comfortable with telling people that with our fundraisers you get to buy anything you would at a regular cooking show or catalog show for that matter and at the same price. Most people are amazed that we do this but love being able to shop for what they want or need not just a selection that is inflated in price. Most people tend to buy more at a fundraiser knowing they are helping a cause.

It's funny b/c if you asked the BUYERS for the fundraisers, they'd rather have PC than the "typical" fundraising. Who wants to pay $10 for a tiny box of chocolate or nuts? I was just talking to someone that said that she really wished that the school her kid goes to would do a PC fundraiser. We were even talking about it! I feel the same way. Now that my daughter is in school, I know next year (when she's full time and they do fundraisers), I will be doing them for sure.

Related to Maximizing Fundraising Profits: Tupperware vs At Home America

1. What is a Tupperware fundraiser?

A Tupperware fundraiser is a type of fundraising event where individuals or organizations sell Tupperware products to raise money for a specific cause or organization. Tupperware fundraisers are a popular choice for school groups, sports teams, and other non-profit organizations.

2. How does a Tupperware fundraiser work?

During a Tupperware fundraiser, a representative from Pampered Chef will work with the organization to set up an online fundraising page. The organization can then promote the fundraiser and encourage supporters to purchase Tupperware products through the page. A portion of the sales will be donated back to the organization.

3. Can anyone participate in a Tupperware fundraiser?

Yes, anyone can participate in a Tupperware fundraiser. Whether you are an individual looking to support a cause or an organization looking to raise money, you can participate in a Tupperware fundraiser. All you need is access to the internet to purchase products through the online fundraising page.

4. What types of Tupperware products are available for fundraising?

There is a wide variety of Tupperware products available for fundraising, including kitchen essentials, storage containers, and cookware. Pampered Chef also offers exclusive fundraising products that are not available for regular purchase. These products are specially designed to help maximize fundraising efforts.

5. How much money can be raised through a Tupperware fundraiser?

The amount of money that can be raised through a Tupperware fundraiser varies depending on the organization's efforts and the number of products sold. Typically, organizations can earn up to 25% of the total sales as a donation. Pampered Chef also offers bonuses for reaching sales milestones, which can increase the total amount raised.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tys1031
  • KennethandTiffany