• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Consultant Success: Tips and Tricks from a Demo DVD

In summary, the consultant watched the demo DVD, wrote down everything she said, and practiced it for the show opening. She thinks the consultant does a good job and that she wants to do it that way. She finished typing the summary and is waiting for Jill to post it.
Jilleysue
Silver Member
Ok member that Consultant Quick Book I am working on? Well I watched the demo DVD, but while watching it. I wrote down every word the consultant said for the whole thing so I can type it up and practice it. Mostly for the show opening part. I think she does a very good job working everything in and until I get good and comfortable, I think I want to do it that way. Only took me 3 hours...LMAO. Can you tell like being prepared and not flying by the seat of my pants. I will make it fun, but atleast if I have more of an outline to follow, I can adlib and know where I am going. I think it would help a lot of new consultants. It was like 10 note book pages. Kevin was laughing at me. LOL. Phew. My hand hurts. Consultant book almost done....HEHEHE. :D

Obviously you don't have little kids at home! LOL!

If you do, I want to know your secret!!!!!!!!!!!

Step kids..Dad outside them. But that is the joy of Chef Success. Others on here who have a little more time can do things like this, and help out those with less time. That is how we help everyone become more and more successful. I love being able to come up with things or doing things that I can share with everyone on here so that their business becomes more and more successful. ; )

Jill - when are you going to post it all?!?!?

When she gets her notebook converted to text. ;) Probably typing right now!

I am in the middle of typing it up. When she gets into talking about some of the tools I didn't write it word for word. I focused mostly on the opening, the focus on the stoneware, The batterbowl part, Her talk about cookware, and the closing where she does the drawing. It flows very nicely and I think for new consultant, having an outline like that would really help. Then adding in parts of whatever is going on and then their personality would be great. Typing away right now.....................

....looking forward to your results! :)

You know - that's a really good point and something i had been thinking about the other day -- how the gal on the DVD manages to work EVERYTHING in to one show. I feel like at some shows I remember to talk abotu booking & wedding registiy but not recruiting ... or recruiting and booking but not registries -- I feel like I always forget one thing at each show and need to work out incorporating ALL of it

yeah the Girl does so very good. She doesn't bounce all over the place and talk about weddings here and fund raisers and then recruiting right in the middle of the pizza dough. Its laid out very very well. I think if I type it out and then we leave blanks , we can add in where we want to. I mean at the end where she gives out the drawing slips is a great place to say..oh by the way, if you know someone who is having a wedding, jot down the name and email and I'll contact them about a wedding registry if they may love our kitchen tools. I think we feel we have soooooo much to talk about we go all over the place....so I would write and pause and write and pause and write and pause and write and pause. UGGGG. I think it will be worth it for all of us though.

Thanks Jill!!!

You are very welcome. I can type fast, but I can't read my writing...LOL

Still typing....OH MY GOD...this is less than fun...LOL

Oh, no wonder I didn't know what part of the movie you were talking about! I thought you were talking about the recruiting DVD. I don't have the demo one yet!

It's old. It's the one from fall I am using.

Ahhh, never thought about watching THAT one, LOL!

Oh my god..finished typing..Now just looking it over. Now mind you it's not exact...but it would give anyone the general idea.

Ok Ya'll Here is the Sample Show Demo, I listen to, wrote down and typed out. Now this is not exact wording. I feel it is the most important parts. It shows how well things flow and she makes the demo flow into the important parts she needs to talk about with out jumping all over the place. I don't think this is something anyone should memorize or read, but just by typing it, I feel so much more ready and comfortable for my shows. I feel informed too, like the index cards in my head are organized and have the topics that I should talk about in the order that it should be talked about. The demo also shows how long the important products should be talked about and what depth.
With this sample transcipt almost you can add in your personality and practice and then cut it back onto another sheet and make bullets for your show. That is what I plan to do. I will have it in my head. I won't have it printed out and read it. That would sound too robotic.

Like I said, it is in no way exact...it is basic. I feel it is the important parts for me, but I am sharing it in hopes it may help some of you. I am almost done the book as well.:D :D
I really like the description about the cookware and SA because I had no clue what I was going to say about that, so this really helped me. I may be missing a few things and obviously the new products for the Starter kit would have to be added in, new games, or things. It is BASIC and in no way set in stone.
PHEW...my fingers are cramped...hahahaha. ;) :p :) :)

Attachments

• Pampered Chef Sample Show Demo.doc
    49 KB · Views: 528
Last edited:
than you...it looks great. I am printing it off to read it.

There could be some errors and I apologize. I was so sick of typing it, and reading it. I just wanted to get it to you guys. I figured you would make your changes anyway.
I hope it helps those who want to get theirs demos in order who feel a little disorganized like I do.

Thank you SO much for your hard work Jill!

AND I will NEVER forget who made it thanks to the purple border... what, no sparkles??

You're welcome, I'll send you my invoice...LOL. It should be a tax right off...LOL
Seriously. I hope it helps everyone. I thought of it a while ago. It is just a matter of sitting down for a LONNNNNNNNNNG time to do it.

gilliandanielle said:
AND I will NEVER forget who made it thanks to the purple border... what, no sparkles??

SEE SEE....You have to stamp you stuff with something people remember you by..HAHAHAHA.:D You can't forget Jilleysue. Oh if I could send you guys some sparkles over the internet I would...LOL

THANKS SO MUCH!! You put lots of hardwork into this and I appreciate it.

Jill - Thank you so much - I skimmed it but will be reading through it later.

You are very welcome.

Jill:

This looks great! Thanks so much for sharing all of your hard work! One quick question: which video were you watching when you wrote this down? I'd love to be able to watch it while I'm reading it, since I'm a pretty visual learner.

Thanks again,
Mary

Thank you. It looks great. And it will be very helpful.:)

Well it wouldn't go right along with the video..but pretty close. I am adding in my own parts now...to practice. Since I wrote it, I could repeat some by heart in my head now...which really really helps. Before now I didn't know where I was going to talk about anything. This helps me organize my brain. Maybe I should label it too..HAHAHA

Thank you, Jill. This was obviously a ton of work. I'm sure it will help many of us.

That was aazing. I can't believe you typed out the whole thing! THANK YOU!

Jilley you are AWESOME!!!! Thankyou so much for doing this. I bet it was a ton of work but aren't you glad you did? I AM!!!! :D ;)

Oh I am psyhed...I keep reading it and it is totally helping me. The show outlines people have are tooo vague. They don't really help. This is great.

wow ! Very nice !!! just try to memorize it... at my first show i was a nervous reck i had put everything i wanted to say on index cards... so i wouldnt forget to mention stuff. well they got all messed up out of order it was a disaster ! I was so nervous and then my cards were all wrong ... my face was sooooo red..... i had to stop my demo because i was lost without my cards... everyone was just sitting there staring at me !!! I finally just finished but OMG was it the worst !!! LOL

Thank you SO MUCH Jill! You rock!!!:D :D

Thank you soooo much! I've been reading posts for a while, and haven't had a ton of time to respond. But I must say, Jill, you have been quite an inspiration! Thanks so much for all your ideas and enthusiasm!

Jill - Thank you so much! This will help me with the flow of my shows. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

Tracy

Jill ~ You Rock!

chefmary said:
Jill:

This looks great! Thanks so much for sharing all of your hard work! One quick question: which video were you watching when you wrote this down? I'd love to be able to watch it while I'm reading it, since I'm a pretty visual learner.

Thanks again,
Mary

The Fall Spring into Success I think. I'll have to check, but I think that is the one.

Glad it's helping guys. Really, I hoped it would. I read it this morning at breakfast and in bed last night. Just feel much better. Keep me posted how it works out!

I know this is from back in February, but Jilleysue - I just wanted to say thanks! This is incredible! :love: I have been trying to begin to get my show outline together and in some logical order...but this is so far above and beyond better than what I was coming up with - this is so great! Now I have a whole month to practice, practice, practice...making it my own...saying it often and imprinting it on my brain...and my first show should be so much easier and more successful! Thank you soooo much!! :love:

Yeah this helped me sooo much when I was first starting out. It was the only way I could know what I was saying and find some logical order. I had no clue about cooking, food or anything, so this really helped me. Glad it has helped others. You are very welcome. How was your first show? Did you use this?

Since I had a whole month, I played with it a little bit and made it partly my own...and guess what? My first show went very well...there were still things I forgot and of course I got a bit flustered, but with almost $600 in outside orders (thanks DH!), my first show closed at $1173.60!!! :eek:

I did almost $500 at my show, I collect some outside orders myself, and my DH collected a ton of orders at his work!

Thanks so much!! It really did help!! And since I will have had almost 2 weeks between shows, guess who will be practicing it again all week? :rolleyes:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
leshelman
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
Admin Greg