• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Host Rewards: Tips for Reaching $500 in Sales

In summary, The current host may not get the 60% off stone if they don't reach $500 in sales, but they still get 20% off plus an additional 20% off stoneware. The monthly bonus is a bonus and most other DS companies have higher requirements for specials. Hosts are still spoiled by PC's offers. One host was amazed at her savings without the free product and host discount. Some hosts are aware of their sales and put in extra effort to reach $500. Even without the monthly special, hosts are still spoiled. With some party plans, the host cannot get the guest special. For a supportive friend, the difference in cost for a stone is worth it. PC offers hosts guest special pricing
chefSherry
Gold Member
Help please!
My host only has $219 in sales. I thought I read somewhere that if the host doesn't reach $500 they revert back to one piece of stoneware @ 60% off. I tried to enter that last night but it says the host is not eligible for the special. Did I miss something?

The current host doesn't get the 60% off stone, that's for the past host. The current host still gets the benefits of a $200 show, they just don't get the extra benefits of a $500 show (which is in place of the usual 60% item offered for hosting a show in a certain month). Hope this makes sense.

The great thing is they get 20% off plus an additional 20% off stoneware!

Jules711 said:
The great thing is they get 20% off plus an additional 20% off stoneware!
Stress the stoneware sale and that they don't pay full price for anything. The monthly bonus is a BONUS. We are all spoiled by the fact that PC usually lets hosts get them even with a $150 show. Most other DS companies have much higher requirements to get their specials and it's harder to get sales with their products. Gotta love this company!:love:

I had one show this month that didn't reach the $500 mark - but she was still thrilled with the discount she got on her stoneware, and her free product. When I told her how much her order would have been without her free product and host discount - she was amazed!

I had 7 shows this month and two did not reach $500. I stressed that they had to get $500 for the extra $50, so they knew. One show, yet to close, is at $300 right now. Hopefully, when we talk tonight, she will be at $500. Two shows were just at $500, barely. So worth the hosts extra effort, not just worth it to me, but $140 is a lot of free product. One show closed at $800 and she had $240. It's fun to hear the host say, "ummmm" while she is trying to decide what more to add to her order.

JAE said:
I had 7 shows this month and two did not reach $500. I stressed that they had to get $500 for the extra $50, so they knew. One show, yet to close, is at $300 right now. Hopefully, when we talk tonight, she will be at $500. Two shows were just at $500, barely. So worth the hosts extra effort, not just worth it to me, but $140 is a lot of free product. One show closed at $800 and she had $240. It's fun to hear the host say, "ummmm" while she is trying to decide what more to add to her order.
I had a show close at $450. She was aware of how close she was but was thrilled with what she got. Even without a monthly special our hosts are spoiled!

BethCooks4U said:
I had a show close at $450. She was aware of how close she was but was thrilled with what she got. Even without a monthly special our hosts are spoiled!

Yes - mine kept saying "So, my 1/2 off item can be the DCB on sale for $52?" She just couldn't believe that she could get 1/2 off a sale item!:thumbup: and then still be able to use her host discount to get more stoneware cheaper than the sale price.
I guess with some party plans, the host can't get the guest special?

Thanks for your quick replies! The host is a really good friend - I can usually count on her to pull in a quick catalog show when I need a little extra in sales. I'll probably just cover the difference in cost on the stone she wants. It's worth it to me to have someone who is so supportive of my business!

chefSherry said:
Thanks for your quick replies! The host is a really good friend - I can usually count on her to pull in a quick catalog show when I need a little extra in sales. I'll probably just cover the difference in cost on the stone she wants. It's worth it to me to have someone who is so supportive of my business!

I would do the same thing for someone who was supportive like that too. After all the discounts, and your commission, you won't really be out that much cash...and put that in as a consultant gift, and you can write it off anyway!:thumbup:

I love that PC offers the hosts the guest special pricing! I just did a TW catalog show and I wasn't able to get the guest special pricing on my host order.

wadesgirl said:
I love that PC offers the hosts the guest special pricing! I just did a TW catalog show and I wasn't able to get the guest special pricing on my host order.

I didn't even realize that was the case with other plans until this month when hosts were so amazed that they got the guest pricing on stones.....and then their discount on top of it!

ChefBeckyD said:
I didn't even realize that was the case with other plans until this month when hosts were so amazed that they got the guest pricing on stones.....and then their discount on top of it!

I wasn't sure either with other companies so I had to ask when I closed my party because I wasn't for sure what exactly I would get for free.

I make a point to tell all hosts, they do get the guest special pricing or the free guest special if they pay $60 out of pocket on products (before tax and shipping).

Hostess was Thrilled with her benefits!My hostess and I met last night to close her party. She got $1217 retail worth of products for $487!

Her total party was $1700. This girl worked it hard. I couldn't have been more pleased with her. At the party she talked and talked about the products, she was just amazing.

rae76 said:
My hostess and I met last night to close her party. She got $1217 retail worth of products for $487!

Her total party was $1700. This girl worked it hard. I couldn't have been more pleased with her. At the party she talked and talked about the products, she was just amazing.

You better change your best show total! Good job, enjoy the commission check.

rae76 said:
My hostess and I met last night to close her party. She got $1217 retail worth of products for $487!

Sounds like you have a great potential recruit!

rae76 said:

:thumbup: Congrats on an awesome show!!! :thumbup:

I know it's a little late, but for future reference~I offered unlimited stones at 50% off for my Jan. Hosts!! The most I have to "eat" is 15%, and since my commission usually is around 25% a month, I STILL make 10% off their order. Most of my hosts discounts this month were 20-25%, so I'm only kicking in 5-10%...they think it's AWESOME I'm giving them as many stones at half off & I'm not really forking over that much at all!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
I would do the same thing for someone who was supportive like that too. After all the discounts, and your commission, you won't really be out that much cash...and put that in as a consultant gift, and you can write it off anyway!:thumbup:

How is a consultant gift ordered?

pamperedmomto3 said:
How is a consultant gift ordered?

"consultant gift" is a form of payment. When you put in the payment for her order, click on consultant payment for the amount you will be covering - that way, it automatically gets recorded for tax purposes.

sarahlegare said:
I know it's a little late, but for future reference~I offered unlimited stones at 50% off for my Jan. Hosts!! The most I have to "eat" is 15%, and since my commission usually is around 25% a month, I STILL make 10% off their order. Most of my hosts discounts this month were 20-25%, so I'm only kicking in 5-10%...they think it's AWESOME I'm giving them as many stones at half off & I'm not really forking over that much at all!!!
great idea ... wish I'd thought of that! what are you offering in Feb, March, April?

I often offer unlimited half price items with shows over $500 especially in months when the host special is a huge deal. I started this in September with the cookware deal. Those past host orders can really eat into the commissionable part of shows!

Many hosts take advantage of that - one of my hosts this month bought 3 extra stones and a few small things. It cost me less than $10 of my commission with the stoneware sale and her host discount taking about 45% of the original stone cost!

It's a great way to get your host excited without breaking the bank and if she doesn't take advantage of it there is no cost to you - if she does, it's still less than the commission you will get for her order.

What are the benefits of reaching $500 in sales as a host?

Reaching $500 in sales as a host allows you to earn the maximum amount of host rewards, which can include free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host-only items. It also helps you earn higher percentages for future parties and can lead to a higher party average for your consultant.

How can I increase my chances of reaching $500 in sales?

One of the best ways to increase your sales as a host is to invite as many guests as possible. You can also share your party link on social media, offer incentives for guests who bring a friend, and promote your party through word-of-mouth. Another tip is to set a goal for yourself and your guests to reach $500 in sales.

What types of products should I focus on to reach $500 in sales?

The best products to focus on for reaching $500 in sales are those with a higher price point, as they can contribute more to your overall sales. It's also helpful to highlight new or popular products, as well as products that can be used for multiple purposes or occasions.

Can I combine my own purchases with my party sales to reach $500?

Yes, you can combine your personal purchases with your party sales to reach $500. You can also use your host rewards to purchase products for yourself, which can help increase your sales and reach $500 more quickly.

What should I do if I am having trouble reaching $500 in sales?

If you are having trouble reaching $500 in sales, don't be afraid to reach out to your consultant for help. They can provide tips and advice, as well as share success stories from other hosts. You can also consider offering special discounts or incentives for your guests to help boost sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • pamperedbecky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tlag1986
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef