• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Productivity with Planner Pads: A Comprehensive Review

In summary, the plannerpad planner looks like a great option for people who want to keep their shows organized and easily accessible. It's easy to use, fits in a regular binder, and has space for both daily and monthly goals.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
So, I kinda cheated and was sneakin' a peek at the Director's CS :eek: Saw this thread that caught my eye about planners and they talked about http://www.plannerpads.com.

Anyone use their planner? I ordered one, 'cause I'm a sucker for that kinda stuff!! Someone on the thread said that they use their PC planner at the shows and only uses it to put show dates in and uses the plannerpad planner for everything. I thought that was a fantastic idea. And, the way the plannerpad planner is set up is exactly what I have been looking for.

I'm looking forward to getting it and will let you know what it's like! :)

So how does everyone use their planners?

Marie-France,

I'm very interested to find out how you like this new planner. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff too. . .and tired of having little slips of paper stuck all over my desk (I'm addicted PostIt Notes)

Once you have it in your hands, can you let me know if this will fit in a regular 3-ring binder (sometimes the holes are "off" so you are forced to purchase one of their holders)? If it will work, I think I'll give it a shot.

Thank you!!

I've never heard of it before, but I'm like you...a sucker for anything that will make my life easier. I really like the way it looks and I'll be doing a little more research.

I'm currently just using the Consultant planner, but finding a lot slipping through the cracks (like, when I've scheduled to close a show with a host, etc.).

Please post your thoughts when you get started with it!

PChefPEI said:
So, I kinda cheated and was sneakin' a peek at the Director's CS :eek: Saw this thread that caught my eye about planners and they talked about http://www.plannerpads.com.

Anyone use their planner? I ordered one, 'cause I'm a sucker for that kinda stuff!! Someone on the thread said that they use their PC planner at the shows and only uses it to put show dates in and uses the plannerpad planner for everything. I thought that was a fantastic idea. And, the way the plannerpad planner is set up is exactly what I have been looking for.

I'm looking forward to getting it and will let you know what it's like! :)

So how does everyone use their planners?

I just checked out the site - it looks interesting, but the one thing I couldn't find out that I would like to know is if there is a Month Page also - where you can see the whole month at a glance?

There is. Month grid, then the weekly pages for that month.

chefann said:
There is. Month grid, then the weekly pages for that month.
You're so smart!:) Thanks Ann!

Here is an excerpt from my post on DCS:

What's nice about this planner, is how it puts your priorities, daily to-do lists, and schedule all one page (actually, each week is spread out over two open pages).

Along the top, you can list up to seven activities or roles and what you want to accomplish in each category that week.

For example, I currently break out my life this way:
Cluster Related
Show Management
Marketing and Networking
Admin (includes Customer Care)
Family and Friends
Personal
Current Projects
[I'm actually committed to limiting my PC-related categories to just three and focusing more on my non-business life...but I'm going thru a mini business surge right now and needed to flex my categories.]

Along the middle of the page, you take the weekly goals from your categories and make your to-do lists by each day of the week. It definitely helps to 'eat the elephant.' I'm finding it's helping me avoid the trap of creating unrealistically long to-do lists that include good ideas not tied to priorities.

Lastly, the bottom third is where you allot your actual time.

Probably more description than you wanted, but wanted to share why I love this planner.

I'd probably just use the weekly planning pages (if they are separate from the monthly) in conjunction with the P-Chef calendar we get. I like having all the deadlines and such that home office puts in their calendar.

I use the monthly page to note key appointments or times I've blocked. (And for my shows)

chefjeanine said:
I'd probably just use the weekly planning pages (if they are separate from the monthly) in conjunction with the P-Chef calendar we get. I like having all the deadlines and such that home office puts in their calendar.

That's a good idea, Jeanine! I think I'm going to get one. I used the PC Franklin Planner, and was really disappointed when it was discontinued - This looks great, and it's not pricey!

Kris,

do you have the executive size? Will it work (see my first post) in a regular 3-ring binder?

Thanks for sharing this information!

chefjeanine said:
Marie-France,

I'm very interested to find out how you like this new planner. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff too. . .and tired of having little slips of paper stuck all over my desk (I'm addicted PostIt Notes)

Once you have it in your hands, can you let me know if this will fit in a regular 3-ring binder (sometimes the holes are "off" so you are forced to purchase one of their holders)? If it will work, I think I'll give it a shot.

Thank you!!

I do believe they are seven-hole punched. I use the black padded binder from PC and if the holes are not lined up, I will just hole punch my new planner pages to fit. I don't want to buy a new binder, because I really like this one (although I wish it was a wee bit bigger).

I use the 'personal size' in a spiral format (6.75" x 8.5"). It may work with a 3 ring binder (may need to punch additional holes?)...you can call the company. They are very friendly.

Again, what I like about it is that i see my 'mulitple hats', priorities, to-do, and schedule all on one page. I need that...otherwise I'm like a kitten distracted by every butterfly that flies by.

legacypc46 said:
Here is an excerpt from my post on DCS:

Thanks for that! That is actually the post that got me looking into it! :) I have been using the top section of my PC planner (marked morning) to put my to-do lists and my appointments go into the afternoon and evening sections (the evening section holds green 3x3 sticky notes for show dates - I write host name, phone number, show time on these. It's easy to change show dates this way instead of having to white-out or erase).

What I really like about the plannerpad is the categories. That's really cool!! I can't wait to get it....I'm so impatient! :rolleyes: :p

PChefPEI said:
I do believe they are seven-hole punched. I use the black padded binder from PC and if the holes are not lined up, I will just hole punch my new planner pages to fit. I don't want to buy a new binder, because I really like this one (although I wish it was a wee bit bigger).

Please let me know what you find out when your pages arrive. I did see that they are 7-hole punched. . .just hoping (wishful thinking?) that 3 of those holes match up with my 3-ring binder. If not, I may purchase a holder at the same time that I order the planner pages.

chefjeanine said:
Marie-France,

Thank you!!

Jeanne, you will see on their site you can purchase a spiral bound version (which I have and love) or a loose leaf version that is hole-punched.

I use the Franklin Covery PC planner too. When they discontinued them I ordered the Monarch style from Franklin Covery because it is basically the same thing. I like that one a lot. I am interested in this new style too though. I work full time as a social worker so I have work appointments as well as personal and PC stuff in mine, so whatever I use has to be very multi-functional. I definitely prefer the style that has monthly and weekly pages because I use the weekly pages for mileage.

DebbieJ said:
Jeanne, you will see on their site you can purchase a spiral bound version (which I have and love) or a loose leaf version that is hole-punched.

Yes, I've visted the site and know what is available. I don't want the spiral bound version because I have a 3-ring cover that I use now and hope to continue to use. So that's why my question was will these pages work w/ my current cover (or will it be better to buy one of their covers). Sometimes when you have to punch more holes it leaves things kind of wonky and loose.

So, I'm going to wait and hear what Marie-France finds out when her stuff arrives.

I got my planner yesterday!!!!! YIPEE!!! :D I got the loose-leaf kind, 8-1/2x11 and eventhough it has 7-holes punched, it does fit my PC black padded binder, so Jeanine, it would fit your cover.

I really like it so far! I have transferred all my stuff into it and I really do think it's going to be great for me to keep my to do's straight, which I usually have a ton of!!

I'll let you know how it goes over the next little while.

Now, I have to go figure out what topic categories I'll use......:confused:

I bought one too ... the spiral one. I am trying to figure out my categories, too ... but I won't start using it fully until January, so I've got some time to figure it out! :)

I couldn't wait 'til then, so I got the one that started in October!! :)

Here's what I have so far for categories; would love to get some ideas:
- PC
- VAC (my ft job)
- Errands
- Personal
- House

Not sure if I should break PC into different categories....maybe an admin category and a customer connection one. Ah, the decisions!! ;)

PChefPEI said:
I couldn't wait 'til then, so I got the one that started in October!! :)

Here's what I have so far for categories; would love to get some ideas:
- PC
- VAC (my ft job)
- Errands
- Personal
- House

Not sure if I should break PC into different categories....maybe an admin category and a customer connection one. Ah, the decisions!! ;)

I like your choice of catagories... I think I will probably divide my PC catagories... I need to REALLY focus on Customer Care this next year, so I want to separate that out!

Okay, I just finished transferring my to-do list and OH MY GOD....SO COOL!!! I'm very excited and I think I will love this! Exactly what I have been looking for!

And, I did break down my PC tasks into customer connection and admin tasks, and I think this will work very well. We'll see how it goes for now and I can always change it up later! :)

I use the Franklin Covey planner. I also did a franklin covey Focus Achieving your highest priorities. It was really good. I love it.

PChefPEI said:
Okay, I just finished transferring my to-do list and OH MY GOD....SO COOL!!! I'm very excited and I think I will love this! Exactly what I have been looking for!

And, I did break down my PC tasks into customer connection and admin tasks, and I think this will work very well. We'll see how it goes for now and I can always change it up later! :)

I'm curious as to if you're still liking the planner pad? Now that you've had it for a month or so...is it still working for you? Any cons? I'm this close to ordering it!

I was also wondering how you like it. I'm addicted to planners and I'm on my 3rd one this year because I keep finding better ones as I go. I just want to find one and stick with it.

I have not put mine to the best use (this is the plannee not the planner's fault :blushing:) but I like it!

It is very much based on common sense -- with a way to get rid of all those little bits of paper -- something I appreciate greatly.

I LOVE my new planner!!! :love: It has room for all my little notes and to do lists. The only challenge is to actually DO what is on my lists!! LOL I keep a notepad beside my bed and in the car so that if I think of anything when my planner is not close by (or easily accessible), I can jot it down and then transfer to my planner.

I still am working with the same categories and they are working well for me.

I would highly recommend it. Besides, you can't lose, because they do have a money-back guarantee! :)

I keep hoping that PC will join up with someone again and create a better planner. I love the one they send out - I use it all the time - but it doesn't have everything in it I need for scheduling my entire life. Plus I would like it to be a little smaller to fit in my diaper bag or purse better (and I don't carry little handbags, my DH calls me a bag lady I have so much stuff sometimes!) I bought the one they had when they were working with Franklin Covey but it wasn't quite right either - but I do agree that I like having the PC related notes in the calendar. That's why I want them to join up with someone to create it.

Maybe we could suggest teaming up with plannerpad?? That would be cool!

PChefPEI said:
Maybe we could suggest teaming up with plannerpad?? That would be cool!

Now that I have been looking at it, I totally agree. I have an entire order all set out and am just trying to decide if I want to order now or wait. My show planner came in the mail today and I would love to have all of those tips and extras in one place - but the show planner is just not enough for me anymore. Too many things besides PC. I do still want to have my show planner for my actual shows because I don't want to be showing all my personal business to the world, but trying to keep three and four different calendars going is going to eventually end up with me being lost - possably literally knowing me;)

Does anyone know what size "pad/folio" the Consultant Planner will fit in? I got mine in the mail and after looking at mine from 2008 and seeing how raggity it is, I know this one will never make it past March at the rate I am going now. I was a 1-2 shows a month person until September and my planner shows it! It is about to fall apart now and I have rest of Nov and part of Dec to go! The one portfolio I have is not large enough for it. I don't want more than one calendar or I would never remember to put everything on it! My DD, SIL, and I have a Family Planning Calendar on our bulletin board now since she and I both do DS businesses and home parties. We are trying not to schedule Shows on the same day to put my SIL alone with the 2 yo and 3 mo old! LOL!

Something you could do Jane, which I have done in the past, is take apart your PC planner and just put a 2 to 3 months of pages in your current folio. You can keep all your monthly pages as well. Worked great for me when I did it. And, it didn't get beat up so much. I used the black PC binder.

PChefPEI said:
Something you could do Jane, which I have done in the past, is take apart your PC planner and just put a 2 to 3 months of pages in your current folio. You can keep all your monthly pages as well. Worked great for me when I did it. And, it didn't get beat up so much. I used the black PC binder.

This is what I've done. I take the covers off of the PC planner and add it to the binder that I carry it in all the time. Behind that, I've added the planner pages that this thread discusses. I only put a few months of those in at a time so my binder is not as heavy.

It's upstairs so I can't look at it. I may have had to punch holes (and I think I took it off the spiral). With the monthly PC pages, I use hole reinforcers so it will survive for 12 months.

chefjeanine said:
This is what I've done. I take the covers off of the PC planner and add it to the binder that I carry it in all the time. Behind that, I've added the planner pages that this thread discusses. I only put a few months of those in at a time so my binder is not as heavy.

It's upstairs so I can't look at it. I may have had to punch holes (and I think I took it off the spiral). With the monthly PC pages, I use hole reinforcers so it will survive for 12 months.

I had to 3-hole punch mine and took the spiral off. The pages didn't really hold up that great though. Hole reinforcers is a great idea, as my monthly page holes are now totally torn up!! Is that a sign of being busy?? :rolleyes:

1. What is the Planner Pad and how is it different from other planners?

The Planner Pad is a unique planner designed to help you maximize productivity and organization. It is different from other planners because of its unique layout, which includes a Master Task List, Daily Schedule, and Weekly Planner. This allows you to easily prioritize and organize your tasks, making it easier to stay on top of your to-do list.

2. How does the Planner Pad help with productivity?

The Planner Pad helps with productivity by providing a structured layout that allows you to easily prioritize and plan your tasks. This helps you stay focused and on track, making it easier to accomplish your goals and tasks efficiently. The planner also includes helpful features such as a Time Zone Map, which helps you plan and schedule tasks across different time zones.

3. Can I use the Planner Pad for both work and personal tasks?

Yes, the Planner Pad is designed to help you organize all aspects of your life. You can use it to plan and schedule both work and personal tasks, making it a versatile tool for staying organized.

4. How can I use the Planner Pad at Pampered Chef shows?

Many Pampered Chef consultants use the Planner Pad during shows to help them stay organized and on schedule. You can use it to plan and schedule upcoming shows, track orders and deliveries, and keep track of important contact information for customers and team members.

5. Is the Planner Pad easy to use?

Yes, the Planner Pad is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use. The layout is intuitive and the planner comes with instructions and tips on how to use it effectively. Many users find that once they get used to the layout, the Planner Pad becomes an essential tool for staying organized and productive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • abigailhutch
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • jrny2001