• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Marshmallow Treat Ornaments: Easy and Fun Holiday Party Idea?

In summary, the people who have tried these cookies say that they are easy to make, but that they can take a long time to cook. They also said that they did not like the taste of the cookies.
ChefPaulaB
Has anyone tried these lately? (from the new Holiday cookbook). I know when it first came out, someone said they tried them and they didn't work good, but wondering if anyone else has tried with success. I have to take treats for my DD 1st grade x-mas party and thought about these, so need tips.

I did them for my holiday open house last month, and I'm doing them again this weekend for my son's Tae Kwon Do holiday party.

They turned out great when I did them for my open house. couple of suggestions would be:

1) I used the jell food coloring - I couldn't get to michaels or joann's for the other kind. It worked well, but did squirt a lot of it in the marshmallow.

2) Forget to scoop to try and round them. I washed my hands, then sprayed them with pam, and simply rolled them like meatballs (a bit bigger though - I made them slightly larger than a golf ball). Worked great!

3) The licorice - cut it smaller than it calls for - it kept flopping over..

They worked out well, they were a huge hit - and so darn easy!

Great, thanks for you input! They have the Wilton's food coloring at Walmart in the craft section by the Wedding stuff. (just for future info)... I guess I'll try these for my dd Christmas party at school. Thanks!

I just made first batch - practice, as I'm doing this for a show tomorrow -- threw them in the garbage! After researching on line -- found out you MUST USE FRESH MARSHMALLOWS! I had used bag of big marshmallows out of my cupboard. Second batch - fresh mini marshmallows -- ALL the difference in the world!

Last edited:
Let me know how you make out Chip!

Honestly, I will do these for the party today because I told them we would. In Pampered Chef I am always hearing about being duplicatable...I am amazed that PChef would have a recipe on their cover that isn't duplicatable (in my opinion anyway). :cry:
Making those perfectly round ornaments - the thin line of white -- not -- nor do you want 5" of licorice (3 is better and put the gummy on licorice first - don't try to thread). This doesn't show hardly any product (executive pot, spatula, big scoop, two classic bowls - both sizes, parchment paper, coating pan).
I do not believe that this recipe will be in my future offerings and I'm going to switch to a cookie that shows some products and good results for my other 3 cookie swap shows.:chef:

I want to do these for my son's class - Guess I should play with it first huh? ANY tips on the lines for the sprinkles??

I made these and they took forever! And it looked like a 6 year old made them. I like to make things that are extremely easy so people will feel that they can make them when they get home. I also didn't like that my mouth was red when I ate one.

1. How do I make Marshmallow Treat Ornaments?

To make Marshmallow Treat Ornaments, you will need mini marshmallows, rice cereal, butter, and food coloring. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add in the marshmallows, stirring until melted. Add in a few drops of food coloring to desired color. Mix in the rice cereal until well coated. Then, using cookie cutters or your hands, shape the mixture into ornaments and let cool before decorating.

2. Can I use different types of cereal for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cereal you prefer. Just keep in mind that the texture and taste may be slightly different than using rice cereal. Some popular alternatives include corn flakes or crushed graham crackers.

3. How long do Marshmallow Treat Ornaments last?

If stored in an airtight container, Marshmallow Treat Ornaments can last for up to a week. However, they are best enjoyed within the first few days for optimal freshness and texture.

4. Can I add other decorations to my Marshmallow Treat Ornaments?

Yes, you can get creative with your decorations! You can use icing, sprinkles, or small candies to decorate your ornaments. Just make sure to let the treats cool completely before adding on any additional decorations.

5. Can I make these ornaments ahead of time for a holiday party?

Yes, you can make Marshmallow Treat Ornaments ahead of time for a holiday party. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container to keep them fresh. You can also wrap them individually in plastic wrap for a cute party favor or gift idea.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • Chef Stacy Edwards
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Stacy Edwards