• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mango Wedging: Tips for Perfect Slices Every Time

. Wedge with the narrow end on the cutting board and trim off the top and bottom. Pit line is usually an indicator as to ripeness.
gailz2
Gold Member
does anyone love the mango wedger? any tips in using it?

I do. Dont peel it but do cut the bottom and top of the mango off first to get a flat surface and to see where exactly that seed is. Also if the mango is soft don't bother using the wedger - it will smush it.You can also use the mango wedger to cut things like onions.

We love ours. Definitely make sure the mango is ripe, but not too ripe! I know it sounds stupid, but you really do need to get the fruit the right firmness, if it's too soft, it will just be all mush. Other than that, we love ours and since we use the avocado peeler to take off the skins, my little girls love that they get to help out too.

I'm not a fan of it. Love the other wedgers, but not this one.

The key is getting the right firmness. If you can squeeze the flesh just a bit, but not too much, it's usually good. I then hold it longways by the stem, and you can see "the pit line". The fruit will look like it has a "pot belly" (if you are holding it right anyway). I cut off the top and bottom - just like I do with the pineapple wedger, then line up the wedger. It works great for me.

I love it, because I love mangoes! I don't even cut the top or bottom off. I use it like the apple wedger. The key is to lining it up correctly, just like with the apple wedger.

The first time I used it was at a show. The mango was very ripe. I did not cut off the tops and bottoms and am familiar with the shape and which direction the pit is in. However, it was very ripe and I made a mushy mess. Everyone chose the apple wedger as their free gift. I'll have to try it again now with your suggestions. Thanks!

I love love love mine!
I cut off the top and bottom and usually cut mine "upside down" with the narrow end on the cutting board. I have a system for buying and ripening my mangoes, but when it breaks down and my mangoes are overripe I just peel the mango before wedging. The mango usually makes it through unless it is inedibly overripe.

I love mine also and same recommendations as others..not too ripe a mango, and trimming top and bottom help. I also use the avocado peeler to spoon out the flesh..works great!

Go for a mango that is mostly red and just as posted above...not too much give when squeezing...like an avocado

Related to Mango Wedging: Tips for Perfect Slices Every Time

1. How do I choose a ripe mango for wedging?

When selecting a mango for wedging, choose one that is slightly soft to the touch and has a sweet aroma. Avoid mangoes that are too hard or too mushy.

2. What tools do I need to wedge a mango?

The only tool you need to wedge a mango is a sharp knife. A paring knife or a chef's knife would work well for this task.

3. How do I cut a mango into wedges?

To cut a mango into wedges, hold the mango upright on a cutting board. Starting from the top of the mango, cut down along the flat side of the seed. Repeat on the other side. Then, score the flesh of each half in a criss-cross pattern, being careful not to cut through the skin. Finally, use your fingers or a spoon to separate the wedges from the skin.

4. How do I prevent the mango from slipping while I am wedging it?

To prevent the mango from slipping while you are wedging it, place a damp towel or paper towel underneath the cutting board. This will help stabilize the board and prevent it from moving around.

5. Can I use the same technique to wedge other types of fruit?

Yes, you can use the same technique to wedge other types of fruit, such as peaches, nectarines, and plums. Just make sure to adjust the size of your cuts accordingly based on the size of the fruit. You may also need to remove the pits before wedging the fruit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• otisbg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • stayinathomemama