• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mango Wedger Troubles: Tips for Successful Use

In summary, if your mango wedger is not cutting through the fruit, make sure to use a ripe mango and apply enough pressure. It can also be used on other soft fruits, but not recommended for harder ones. To clean it, wash with warm soapy water or place in the dishwasher. If the wedger is slipping, adjust your grip or clean the handle. Cutting the mango in half is not necessary, but can be done for larger or smaller wedges.
otisbg
Gold Member
OK...I am having major problems with the Mango Wedger. Had luck once, but the other 3 times, I cannot get it to go through!!!!!!!!!:cry:
What are tips and what am I doing wrong?

I have not had any problems. Do you cut off the bottom to make it stand up? If it looks a bit lopsided after doing this, just wedge a bit until you get it going. And since it is a "wedger" move it back and forth in a rocking motion until it just slides down the mango.

Also, make sure you"re getting ripe mangos! The less green it is, the more ripe. Green means it's not ready.

Also, make sure the "oval" is sideways -- I haven't had any trouble - just keep trying!

Thanks!
I am not giving up!!:D

Tonight I had a cold mango. It had been put in the fridge, so it was a little hard to cut through at first. I cut a little off the top and bottom first and tried using the wedger on the top of the mango. But it was a little hard. I flipped it upside down and started that way, and it was soooooo much easier. I love this wedger and have used it a lot. Usually I don't have any problems...this was just tricky at first because it was harder from being cold.

Related to Mango Wedger Troubles: Tips for Successful Use

1. Why is my mango wedger not cutting through the fruit?

There are a few possible reasons for this issue. First, make sure you are using a ripe mango and not one that is too hard. You may also need to apply more pressure when pushing the wedger through the fruit. Another common issue is that the blades may have become dull over time, so try sharpening them or purchasing a new wedger.

2. Can I use the mango wedger on other types of fruit?

While the mango wedger is specifically designed for cutting through mangoes, it can also be used on softer fruits such as peaches and plums. However, we do not recommend using it on harder fruits like apples or pears.

3. How do I clean the mango wedger?

To clean the mango wedger, simply wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly. You can also place it in the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning.

4. My mango wedger keeps slipping while I'm using it. What should I do?

If the wedger is slipping on the mango, try adjusting your grip or using a cutting board underneath for better stability. If the wedger is slipping in your hand, it may be due to a build-up of fruit juice or residue on the handle. Make sure to clean and dry the handle before use.

5. Can I cut the mango in half before using the wedger?

It is not necessary to cut the mango in half before using the wedger. However, if the fruit is particularly large or you prefer smaller wedges, you can cut it in half and use the wedger on each half separately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Jasmine
  • chefmelody
  • Products and Tips
Replies