• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing Leftover Trifle at Shows: Tips and Ideas

small can pumpkin pie filling2...small box of Cheesecake Pudding1/4 cup of brown sugar (it kind of needed something to balance the pumpkin...but I thought it was a little sweet so I would add some, taste and add more if you want....)a couple shakes of pumpkin pie spiceWhite layer-1...small boxes Cheesecake pudding1...small tub of Cool WhipIs this recipe anywhere? Sounds yummy!Wow, I would never consider leaving my bowl. I do like everyone else, have the host scoop the remaining trifle into a Gladware container.yes I would like pumpkin trifle recipe too.
luvinpc
Gold Member
I have been reluctant to do trifles at a show because of dealing with leftover trifle. Looking for ideas on this. I have left my bowl at a hosts and picked it up later, but now traveling further and getting out of "friends circle"

If I'm going back to their house to close the show, I let them keep it for that 1-2 days. If we are planning to close over the phone, I have them transfer it into one of their containers & I take it with me.

luvinpc said:
I have been reluctant to do trifles at a show because of dealing with leftover trifle. Looking for ideas on this. I have left my bowl at a hosts and picked it up later, but now traveling further and getting out of "friends circle"

My hosts will always scoop any leftover trifle into a container. At that point, it doesn't really matter if the layers get messed up.

I have never left my trifle bowl at anyone's house!

Last edited:
I let them keep what they want. If there's anything more left, The Furry Guy puts it in containers when I get home. If there are a lot of leftovers (not common, but it happens), he'll freeze the containers. Many of the trifles freeze well.

I do not leave my trifle bowl - the host scoops it into another container. They never worry about how the left overs look - they know it'll taste yummy.

kam said:
My hosts will always scoop any leftover trifle into a container. At thta point, it doesn't really matter if the layers get messed up.

I have never left my trifle bowl at anyone's house!

BethCooks4U said:
I do not leave my trifle bowl - the host scoops it into another container. They never worry about how the left overs look - they know it'll taste yummy.

Same here!

luvinpc said:

I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who hasn't done this for the very reason listed. I'll try it sometime and have the put any leftovers in one of their containers. I can't wait to try the pumpkin trifle. Sounds yummy!

I make a trifle just about every show! and I always just have the host scoop it into a container!!! Right now I am making a pumpkin trifle....Spice cake, Pumpkin Pie Filling w/ Cheesecake pudding, and cool whip! Super huge hit!

abigailhutch said:
I make a trifle just about every show! and I always just have the host scoop it into a container!!! Right now I am making a pumpkin trifle....Spice cake, Pumpkin Pie Filling w/ Cheesecake pudding, and cool whip! Super huge hit!

Is this recipe anywhere? Sounds yummy!

Wow, I would never consider leaving my bowl. I do like everyone else, have the host scoop the remaining trifle into a Gladware container.

yes I would like pumpkin trifle recipe too.

Here is my Pumpkin Spice Cake Trifle I created! Its soooo delicious and super easy!

I baked a spice cake and cut into cubes w/ the pizza cutter

Then pumpkin layer -
1 small can pumpkin pie filling
2 small box of Cheesecake Pudding
1/4 cup of brown sugar (it kind of needed something to balance the pumpkin...but I thought it was a little sweet so I would add some, taste and add more if you want....)
a couple shakes of pumpkin pie spice

White layer-
1 small boxes Cheesecake pudding
1 small tub of Cool Whip

man oh man, it was so delicious!
super yummy and super easy!!!!!!

Try it! You won't be dissapointed!!!!!

~Abigail

I suggest trying this with pumpkin bread (you can get a mix in a box at Walmart - or use your own recipe)
Use the same directions as above except since you already have a pumpkin layer just use cheesecake or vanilla pudding for that other layer.

Any leftover food of any kind gets transferred to my host's containers and I take all my products home with me.

You would take a left over taco ring off a stone or leftover fajitas out of your baker - this is no different. Usually it's so little left no one really cares and they happily put it in their own container and drop it in the fridge while talking and don't even realize they have it until they are standing in front of that door in the dark at midnight looking for something yummy - then they are more than happy to eat it, no matter what it looks like!

abigailhutch said:
Here is my Pumpkin Spice Cake Trifle I created! Its soooo delicious and super easy!

I baked a spice cake and cut into cubes w/ the pizza cutter

Then pumpkin layer -
1 small can pumpkin pie filling
2 small box of Cheesecake Pudding
1/4 cup of brown sugar (it kind of needed something to balance the pumpkin...but I thought it was a little sweet so I would add some, taste and add more if you want....)
a couple shakes of pumpkin pie spice

White layer-
1 small boxes Cheesecake pudding
1 small tub of Cool Whip

man oh man, it was so delicious!
super yummy and super easy!!!!!!

Try it! You won't be dissapointed!!!!!

~Abigail

Can't wait to try this - I'm not eating carbs but I'll at least taste it - but one suggestion, I would use the Cinnamon Plus instead of pumpkin pie spice. It's almost the same - and it's ours!

Related to Managing Leftover Trifle at Shows: Tips and Ideas

1. What is a leftover trifle?

A leftover trifle is a delicious dessert made with layers of cake, fruit, and custard or pudding. It is typically served in a large glass bowl or trifle dish and is a popular dessert for parties and gatherings.

2. How do I make a leftover trifle?

To make a leftover trifle, you will need a trifle dish or large glass bowl. Start by layering pieces of cake on the bottom, followed by fruit, and then a layer of custard or pudding. Repeat the layers until the dish is full, and then chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.

3. Can I use any type of cake for a leftover trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake for a leftover trifle. Some popular options include angel food cake, pound cake, or sponge cake. You can also use different flavors of cake, such as chocolate or lemon, to add variety to your trifle.

4. How long will a leftover trifle last?

A leftover trifle can last for 2-3 days in the fridge if stored properly. Cover the trifle dish with plastic wrap or a lid to keep it fresh. It is best to consume the trifle within this time frame to ensure the cake and fruit do not become soggy.

5. Can I freeze a leftover trifle?

Yes, you can freeze a leftover trifle. However, the texture of the cake and fruit may change after being frozen, so it is best to consume it within a month. Wrap the dish tightly with plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container before freezing. Thaw the trifle in the fridge before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • Jennifer E
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCLaurel