• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Breakfast & Brunch Trifle Ideas for Your Next Meal - Get Inspired!

In summary, anyone have some good ideas for a breakfast or brunch trifle? I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Trifle Bowl and want to really use it for a breakfast show I have...How about yogurt and fruit, like a giant parfait. You can get vanilla yogurt in larger containers, and some frozen berries. Add some granola, and you're set!Or layered fruit- berries and melon balls, etc.What about scrambled eggs, sausage, cheese, repeat?I just did the strawberry cheese cake trifle from Harriet's booklet. YUM!!!!!
bridgetbakes
Anyone have some good ideas for a breakfast or brunch trifle? I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Trifle Bowl and want to really use it for a breakfast show I have...

How about yogurt and fruit, like a giant parfait. You can get vanilla yogurt in larger containers, and some frozen berries. Add some granola, and you're set!Or layered fruit- berries and melon balls, etc.

What about scrambled eggs, sausage, cheese, repeat?

I just did the strawberry cheese cake trifle from Harriet's booklet. YUM!!

(But, I did find a typo...I am SURE it is not supposed to have two TABLESPOONS of almond extract in with the strawberries. I used 2 teaspoons and it was perfect!)

Everyone absolutely loved it today!

chefann said:
How about yogurt and fruit, like a giant parfait. You can get vanilla yogurt in larger containers, and some frozen berries. Add some granola, and you're set!

Or layered fruit- berries and melon balls, etc.
YUM!!!! That sounds so good!!!!:p

I've done the yogurt/granola/fruit parfait for a couple brunch shows....it's beautiful and delicious - Large Vanilla yogurt, 2 packages of fresh strawberries, and some frozen blueberry/raspberry mixture, and a simple granola cereal. I also added a layer of coolwhip, and garnished the top w/ cool whip from the EAD,and strawberry fans.....lots of oohs and ahhs!

I love the fruit and granola idea, especially with the cool whip! If you use fat free cool whip this is TOTALLY healthy!

Question for "4kids4me": Have you tried your egg, sausage and cheese idea? Any further explanation you can give would be appreciated!

Anyone else have ideas?

bklofft said:
I love the fruit and granola idea, especially with the cool whip! If you use fat free cool whip this is TOTALLY healthy!

Question for "4kids4me": Have you tried your egg, sausage and cheese idea? Any further explanation you can give would be appreciated!

Anyone else have ideas?
Bridget-Where in MA are you from? I am from Northborough.

bklofft said:

Nope, haven't tried it. It just sort of "came" to me. Ok, here's my big secret out in the open. I don't actualyl know how to cook. That's what inspired me to become a consultant. I figured it was time to learn how to cook and I may as well do it the "right" way!! I've been married 7 years and have 4 kids who are 5, 3, and 18mo twins. They're pretty tired of hamburger helper and tuna casserole, lol. On a brighter note, they're all THRILLED with my new venture! So anyway, my thoughts on the trifle were a layer of scrambled eggs, a layer of chopped up sausage and a layer of shredded cheese, maybe repeated to fill it up, and then perhaps topped wtih salsa. YUM!

That warm one would also be good with a layer of roasted potato chunks in it. And then you could show off stoneware.

My roasted potatoes:
several russet potatoes
1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil (depending on the number of potatoes)
Rosemary seasoning mix to taste
several pinches kosher salt
freshly ground pepper to taste

Heat oven to 425F. Scrub potatoes and cut into 3/4-inch chunks (that's a little thicker than your pointer finger, unless you have fat fingers like me) using the crinkle cutter. Combine Rosemary and salt with oil in Classic Batter Bowl. Add potato chunks and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on Large Bar Pan. Bake 15 minutes. Stir. Bake 10 more minutes or until tender (just stick a fork in 'em!). Remove from oven and sprinkle with pepper and additional salt, if desired.
Letting them cook for 15 minutes without stirring is what gives them that brown crunchy side from where they touch the pan.

This is a very scalable recipe. I've made it with 2 potatoes for DH and myself; and with 10 lbs. for a potluck (that one needed a couple of pans to get them all in a single layer).

If you wanted to do a brunch type thing, I have had the trifle ready to go in the frige, to show the lid on it and how easy it is to store and carry to your destination...and the assemble. (in the bowl, the fruit and yogurt layer thing)

Then I demo the Ham N Egg Brunch Braid with the stone ware. That way you already have the Trifle ready... and you are showing rectangle stone, cookware, cutting board with meas cups, chopper, easy read meas. cups, large and small batter bowls, prep bowls, whisks, santuko, or utility forged cutlery, bakers roller, mini whipper, basting brush, & I am sure there are more. If you want I will attatch the recipe here for you. This show I have had has been a BIG hit, in fact I really prefer the Brunch shows.

Hope this helps!
Schel

P.S.
I am trying to attatch the files, but for some reason, I am getting error page not available. Recipe is below.
Schel

Ham ‘N Eggs Brunch Braid
Never has there been such an impressive way to serve scrambled eggs! The cream cheese keeps the eggs moist inside a golden crust.
¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
2 green onions with tops,sliced
4 ounces cream cheese
1/z cup milk
8 eggs divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash ground black
pepper
1 teaspoon butter or margarine
2 packages (8 ounceseach) refrigerated crescent rolls
¼ pound thinly sliced deli ham
½ cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

1 Preheat oven to 375°F, Chop bell pepper using Food Chopper. Slice green onions
using Utility Knife. Place cream cheese and milk in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Separate I egg using Egg Separator; reserve egg white for later use. Whisk egg yolk, remaining seven eggs, salt and black pepper into cream cheese mixture until well blended. Add bell pepper and onions to egg mixture; mix well.
2 Melt butter in Large (10-in.) Sauté Pan over medium-low beat. Add egg mixture; cook,
stirring occasionally, until eggs are set but still moist. Remove pan from heat.
3 Unroll crescent dough; do not separate. Arrange dough on Rectangle Stone with
longest sides of rectangles across width of baking stone. Using Baker’s Roller roll dough to seal seams. Starting on longest sides of baking stone, cut sides of dough into eight strips, about 1½ inches wide and 3 inches long, using Paring Knife. Arrange ham evenly over center of dough. Using Large Scoop, scoop egg mixture over ham. Grate cheddar cheese over egg mixture using Deluxe Cheese Grater.
4 Starting at one end, lift one strip of dough; twist one turn and lay across top of filling.
Repeat, alternating strips of dough to form a braid. Fold bottom edges up at ends of braid. Lightly beat reserved egg white; brush over dough using Pastry Brush. Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown. Serve using Slice ‘N Serves.
Yield: l
Nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 21 9,
Saturated Fat 8 9, CholesteroL 195 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g,
Protein 13 g, Sodium 700 mg, Fiber 0
Casual Get-Toqethers 13

Last edited:
I also like the idea of layering melon & fruit in the trifle bowl! Haven't done it yet....I'm waiting until fruit is more in season here in MI, but I LOVE the new core n' more melon baller - it works great! So I envison a layer of cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew, strawberries, peaches......all sorts of different colors layered, with maybe a dip or sauce as one of the layers too, and some strawberry fans and fresh mint leaves to garnish the top.....I can hardly wait to do this!:D

I've had casseroles that have a biscuit-y type bottom, sausage, gravy, eggs, and cheese. What about layering those things? Break up biscuits and then layer: biscuits, gravy, sausage, eggs, cheese, repeat?

I have doen the fruit yogurt and homemade granola from the kids in the kitchen cookbook (retired) and they loved it. Or just a good old fruit salad is always good and everything looks beautiful in the trifle bowl!!!

heather

I was just thinking...if you use frozen berries for the yogurt, berries, granola combo, do you need to defrost them first? Anyone know? I know that defrosted frozen berries can get very runny...

bklofft said:
Anyone have some good ideas for a breakfast or brunch trifle? I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Trifle Bowl and want to really use it for a breakfast show I have...

Not a trifle recipe but so so good, you will think you DIED and went to heaven! So super easy too! Buy a brie, some brown sugar, a loaf of pillsbury french bread loaf. Place the brie in a stoneware pie plate and wrap the around it on the outside. Sprinkle with brown sugar (or experiment brushing preserves all over it) over the bread and brie. Bake as directed on the loaf package. OMG - private message me when you try this!

ChefTS said:
I've had casseroles that have a biscuit-y type bottom, sausage, gravy, eggs, and cheese. What about layering those things? Break up biscuits and then layer: biscuits, gravy, sausage, eggs, cheese, repeat?

Oh my goodness, that sounds YUMMY!

bridgetbakes said:

Anyone else have ideas?
I do eat Cool Whip lite, but I must take issue with the fact that it is NOT healthy even if you get the fat free kind. Corn syrup is NOT healthy! It is terribly bad for us and we could all do ourselves some major good if we'd stop eating so much of it. I'm very guilty of too much of it, especially being a candy corn lover.:) The trifle does sound good, though.

Fruit Dip for Trifle
ChefBeckyD said:
I also like the idea of layering melon & fruit in the trifle bowl! Haven't done it yet....I'm waiting until fruit is more in season here in MI, but I LOVE the new core n' more melon baller - it works great! So I envison a layer of cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew, strawberries, peaches......all sorts of different colors layered, with maybe a dip or sauce as one of the layers too, and some strawberry fans and fresh mint leaves to garnish the top.....I can hardly wait to do this!:D

A great, cheap and wonderful fruit dip is 1 8 oz container of cool whip and 2 8oz containers of Yoplait's strwberry yogurt mixed together and chilled. Its amazing how good this is with all types of fruit. Place some in a prep bowl and put on top of your fruit. I bet it would look pretty.

1. What is a "Brunch/Breakfast Trifle"?

A brunch/breakfast trifle is a layered dessert typically made with a combination of cake, fruit, and cream or custard. It can be served as a sweet breakfast dish or as a dessert for brunch.

2. Can I make a trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a trifle ahead of time. In fact, the flavors tend to meld together and taste even better when made a day in advance. Just be sure to cover and refrigerate it until ready to serve.

3. What kind of cake is best to use in a trifle?

The best type of cake to use in a trifle is a sponge or pound cake. These types of cakes hold up well to the moisture from the fruit and cream without getting soggy.

4. Can I use frozen fruit in a trifle?

Yes, you can use frozen fruit in a trifle. Just be sure to thaw and drain the fruit before using it in the trifle. This will prevent excess liquid from making the trifle too soggy.

5. Can I use a clear trifle bowl to display my brunch/breakfast trifle?

Using a clear trifle bowl is a great way to display your brunch/breakfast trifle. The layers of cake, fruit, and cream make for a beautiful presentation. Just be sure to use a flat-bottomed bowl to make it easier to layer the ingredients evenly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amy07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bknowles67
  • erinyourpclady
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies