• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Unique Show Idea for 11am Full Meal

In summary, the host wants her show to be on a Saturday with a full meal at 11:00am. The expert recommends a trifle or appetizer, main dish, and dessert. Send ideas my way.
PCSarahjm
Has anyone done a show like this? My host wants her show to be on a saturday with a full meal at 11:00am. I am ok with it but don't have a clue what fix. I was thinking a trifle (have it made put final touches on it) either a pumpkin trifle or I seen a taffy apple trifle. She wants an appetizer, main dish and dessert. Send ideas my way....I really need them!!

Thanks

PCSarahjm said:
Has anyone done a show like this? My host wants her show to be on a saturday with a full meal at 11:00am. I am ok with it but don't have a clue what fix. I was thinking a trifle (have it made put final touches on it) either a pumpkin trifle or I seen a taffy apple trifle. She wants an appetizer, main dish and dessert. Send ideas my way....I really need them!!

Thanks

ummm, have her make the appetizer and dessert ahead, and you make the main dish? Or any variation of that where you are not the caterer for her party!

Seriously - I wouldn't demo a whole meal.

I did do one show this past summer where I demoed the Strawberry Spinach Salad, while the 30 min. chicken was in the microwave, and the host, under my guidance, put together an easy trifle before guests arrived. That would be my limit.

If it were my host, I'd tell her (nicely) that I'm not a caterer and I've found that 1 recipe is enough to show the tools and keep her guests from getting bored. Then I'd provide her a list of recipes she could fix by herself if she still felt that she needed 3 items.

ANN! Stop posting while I'm posting! (j/k!!!)

ChefBeckyD said:
ANN! Stop posting while I'm posting! (j/k!!!)

That is funny! I think I have read all the posts that you guys are posting on today!

I did this for a show...Meals in Minutes

30 minute chicken
garlic bites
microwave cake

Super quick & easy!

I agree, if you did 3 things, you would keep there forever!! unless you did something like Stacy, which is a good idea, but Man that is alot to ask for!!!

I was thinking about this whole thing.....1 or maybe 1 1/2 demos are plenty to demo. I think I will have her pre make the appetizer and I will bring the trifle already made. Might use the EAD to put cool whip on top and use the chopper to chop a topping up. So what do I make for the Main Dish?

Does she realize that 3 recipes will cost a lot more than the $15 host credit? I would definately have her do some of this ahead of time.

remember, if you do it for her you will be"expected" to do it for her friends and family that book :)
It might start a cycle you might not want to continue

DO NOT DO IT!!!!
You will kill your chances of bookings and recruit leads...you will be there ALL DAY and be doing dishes ALL NIGHT. Tell her she can either do the app and dessert and you'll do the main dish...or she can do the app and dish and you'll do the dessert. Yo uhave 45 minutes to do your demo before people start getting antsy. After 45 minutes they start crossing things OFF their wish list.

I must have not worded things incorrectly....I am not going to demo everything step by step. Just do the final touches. But the host wants to do PC recipes for the appetizer, main dish, and dessert. I know better then to demo everything we would be there forever if I did that. The host is my SIL and I know I can trust her to do the appetizer on her own(if I give her a few recipes ahead of time) So again I am just looking for ideas for an appetizer, maindish, dessert....that sort of go together. But I am so glad everyone has stressed not to do more than 1 maybe2 for demos....it is just too much.

Thanks
Everyone!

I did a show yesterday where I did the pass around salsa.mini pesto pizzas and a double chocolate mocha trifle. I had $1118 in sales when I left and the demo was really quick. I started with the salsa, made the pizzas and did the trifle while the pizzas were in the oven. Showed a ton of products ad I had great sales too. What more can I ask for?

pc ri lisa said:
I did a show yesterday where I did the pass around salsa.mini pesto pizzas and a double chocolate mocha trifle. I had $1118 in sales when I left and the demo was really quick. I started with the salsa, made the pizzas and did the trifle while the pizzas were in the oven. Showed a ton of products ad I had great sales too. What more can I ask for?

This was more on the lines of what I am looking for!

Thanks lisa

You could do the Brie (Round Stone) for the appetizer...easy...peasy....
(5 minutes to prep before show starts)

Pork Tenderloin in the DCB with Asian Seasoning...serve with salad (Salad Spinner & bamboo tongs) and Aisian Dressing (SA Bowl and Bamboo Serving Spon) on the New Platter (Nov Host Special)
5 min prep and 10 min cook time

Then have a trifle premade (Dec host special)

We also have had large shows with folks purchasing the DCB at full price or booking at least a catalog show for November to get the platter for the host special.

As long as you keep it easy and it goes fast they love it!

Joe & Diane Schalk
PamperedChefDude & Ddudette

This may be a dumb question, but what is the pass around salsa?

you put all the ingredients in the batter bowl and pass it around with the salad choppers for all of the guest to chop! Easy and great

FromMaria'sKitchen said:
This may be a dumb question, but what is the pass around salsa?

The recipe for this is in the catalog - inset into the picture of the salad choppers. It is TO DIE FOR Delicious.....and you WILL sell salad choppers every time you do it!
And THANKS again to Heather (Heat123) for being the first on here to clue us in to how awesome this recipe is!:love:

I have host that do full meals a lot. I tell them I demo one recipe but will provide them with other recipes if they want more I usually demo the main dish. If anyone books of them, I tell them to same thing I do one recipe if you want more that is up to.

Recently, I did the Asian Pork SKillet, the host did the Garlic Bites and she did a dessert of her own in a PC dish. I had one that I did the Skillet Brownie as a Banana Split Brownie and the host did, artichoke dip, and chicken club ring.

1. What is the purpose of the "Help Needed: Unique Show Idea for 11am Full Meal" event?

The purpose of this event is to showcase unique and creative ways of preparing a full meal using Pampered Chef products. It is also a great opportunity for guests to learn new recipes and tips for hosting a successful meal at 11am.

2. Who can attend the event?

This event is open to anyone who is interested in learning new cooking techniques and recipes using Pampered Chef products. Guests can invite friends and family to join as well.

3. Will there be any demonstrations during the event?

Yes, there will be live demonstrations of unique cooking techniques and recipes using Pampered Chef products. Guests will have the opportunity to see these products in action and ask any questions they may have.

4. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products at the event?

Yes, there will be a pop-up shop set up at the event where guests can purchase Pampered Chef products. Our consultants will be available to assist with any product inquiries and purchases.

5. What can I expect to take away from this event?

Guests can expect to learn new and creative ways of preparing a full meal using Pampered Chef products. They will also have the opportunity to purchase these products and recreate the recipes at home. Additionally, it's a great chance to connect with other food enthusiasts and have a fun and interactive experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dkitten13
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lindsay
  • Foodie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • wadesgirl