• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing a Wishy-Washy Host for Your Upcoming Show: Tips and Advice

again, no answer. I left her a voicemail and sent her a text. I still haven't heard back. I would leave her alone. Let her know if you need her and if she can't come, that's okay too. Sometimes things come up and we just don't have time to get everything done. You don't need her to be a part of your troop if she can't commit.
Kristina21
That your host is going to cancel on ya? I'm sure we all have.

My host for March 22 is someone I work with and has "booked" a show with me since the day I started PC over a year ago! She always moves her date and is all wishy washy. Now her heart's set on the 22nd and I just can't get excited about it! :(
I don't want to put any effort into a show that isn't going to happen. But on the other hand I don't want her to think I don't care about her show by not being as attentive as I would with other hosts. So in your opinion:

What would you do for this host?
Would you pretend that she is not a chronic canceler?

Well, I'd ask her for the guest list and tell her you need it by the end of this week because you have a very busy schedule and need to get the postcards ready ASAP. If someone wants that date before she has given you the guest list, get the new guest list and give the date away. Othewise, if the date isn't being taken by someone else, just pencil it in. If anything else comes up and she hasn't given you the guest list then call her and tell her you've got something else going on.

She has the original invites I gave her forever ago! That was way before I started sending the invites myself :( Maybe I should give her a new kit...

Don't spend money on a new kit. Just tell her you've started sending out the invites and ask for the guest list ASAP. Tell her you'll get the original postcards back from her at the show. Just say it very matter of factly/business like/no nonsense with a smile on your face. Practice in the mirror or leave yourself a voice mail so you can practice on the phone and then listen to yourself if you need to build confidence.

And if she tries to push the show back again, don't reschedule. At least that's what I would do. I am not in the business of rescheduling. If a host has a valid reason, something came up, someone is sick... then I will, but you know when they are just kinda flakey. I would just ask her to contact you, when she is ready to have a party. You know she probably won't ever call, but if she does it's because she is more serious about having her party.

I try not to get my heart set on a show unti lI have the hosts' guest list in my hot little hands.

Get the guest list from her now! I would call and tell her to stick it in the mail by Thursday (so you will get it by Saturday) and that if you don't have it by then, that you will have to open that date up to other hosts.

Otherwise, she is probably gonna flake out on you again...

So I talked to her today...since we work together and all, and guess what she said? "wait! what day do I have my show booked for? <insert my answer here> ...oh ya know I think there's a baptism that day that I have to attend"

Now I'm all for going to baptisms, they are important and all. I just couldn't help think that she was creatively telling me "no, I don't wanna do it anymore" I told her that I needed the guest list and even mentioned it would save her time.

Not that I expected anymore from her anyway.

*sigh*

Personally, I would not mention a PC show to her again. If she brings you a guest list, then great! But, you have done everything that you can do!!

ljeffries said:
Personally, I would not mention a PC show to her again. If she brings you a guest list, then great! But, you have done everything that you can do!!

I agree. She doesn't want to host and just doesn't know how to tell you. Drop it and if she wants to host, she'll let you know.

Let her know as soon as you get a guest list of at least 40 names you'll set a date with her.

People can be so frustrating! (and I am being polite)It isn't PC related, but the same idea. I am a Daisy leader for my daughter's troop. I have not seen the co-leader since before x-mas. I called her when she missed a meeting before the holidays and she wasn't around. When she finally called me back 3 weeks later, she said things came up and it was unavoidable. Fine. Then in January I called her a couple of days before our meeting to confirm she was coming. Her excuses were, we're real busy, Jenni might be getting sick and the weather might be bad, right? So she didn't come. Silly me keep holding out. So I try her again before the next meeting and she said something else came up. Each time she would also say, but I want to come next time. I even tried to tell her it was ok if she wasn't into it anymore, just kinda needed to know. Nope she always said she was. So last week I decided not to call her and just see what happened. Well she never showed and never called. UGH! I know it was written all over the wall in December that she was done. My own fault for trying to include her and also to be nice about it.
Basically some people can't say no! For some reason it is easier to lie, than say no.
Anyway sorry to hijack!!

you're not hijacking, you're using another example. i am having similar issues with recruiting...being strung along by several people who put off interviews and/or taking the step to book their first 4 shows prior to signing. i am now doing "Sh*t or get off the pot calls" where I nicely, point blank, ask them if they are still interested and/or let them know it's ok to say no. i let them know that they are doing me a favor by being open, and it will save us both time.

with your co-worker, i agree that she just can't tell you no. i would just continue a friendly work relationship and not mention PC again. if she mentions it, let her know that you will reserve a date for her once she gives you her invite list and that you will send out invites within 24 hours of receiving the list. that makes her accountable.

Related to Managing a Wishy-Washy Host for Your Upcoming Show: Tips and Advice

1. What is "Ever Have That Feeling..."?

"Ever Have That Feeling..." is a Pampered Chef product that is designed to help you easily remove air and excess water from your food storage bags. It can also be used to seal bags tightly for freshness.

2. How does "Ever Have That Feeling..." work?

"Ever Have That Feeling..." has a simple and easy-to-use design. You simply place the open end of your bag into the device, press down, and slide the bag out. This will remove air and excess water, and seal the bag tightly for storage.

3. What size bags can "Ever Have That Feeling..." accommodate?

"Ever Have That Feeling..." can accommodate various sizes of bags, from small snack bags to large freezer bags. It is designed to work with most standard size bags, making it a versatile tool in the kitchen.

4. Is "Ever Have That Feeling..." dishwasher safe?

Yes, "Ever Have That Feeling..." is safe to be washed in the dishwasher. It is also easy to clean by hand with warm soapy water.

5. Can "Ever Have That Feeling..." be used for non-food items?

No, "Ever Have That Feeling..." is specifically designed to be used with food storage bags. It is not recommended to use it with non-food items as it may not provide a strong enough seal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dotty
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
Replies
Views
ShellBeach