• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Tropical Wontons for the Cluster Meeting: Tips & Experiences

For those of you who are wondering, they are supposed to be served warm with a little brushing with oil and sprinkling with cinnamon sugar. Enjoy!
Cookingfool
I agreed to make the tropical wontons for my next cluster meeting. Has anyone tried these yet? Any tips?

We made them at our meeting last Monday. I was busy with the meat filled pastries (way too labor intensive for a show.. IMHO.) But the won tons were fabulous! Very tasty. All I can say is that they were made way ahead of mine.

Made them. Love them! Be sure to drain the crushed pineapple well or filling will be too wet and makes assembly difficult. They are very easy. Will make a nice demo.

What section of the grocery store are the wonton wrapper located? I've looked in a couple of local stores (including Walmart) and haven't been able to find them.

I have seen them in the frozen section.

they are usually in the refrigerator section of the produce department. They usually have specialty juices in there too.

If you have the option of shopping in a neighborhood that has a higher Asian population, you have a better chance of finding them in the store.

floccies said:
What section of the grocery store are the wonton wrapper located? I've looked in a couple of local stores (including Walmart) and haven't been able to find them.

You can find the wonton wrappers with the tofu usually. The are usually in the produce section. If you try Super Walmart they are with the tofu in the produce section up there where you can buy precube fruit and veggies in the containers....At least that is where I found mine. Hope that helps.

Does anyone know if these are supposed to be served hot or cold? I just made them for a party tonight (just a friend get-together, not a show), and I'm not sure how they should be served. The directions aren't really clear. It said to remove to cooling rack, but that's about it. Also, are they supposed to be crispy? The ends are, but the rest is kind of soggy. Tasty, though!!

Thanks!
Diane

The test kitchen folks at Leadership said that they were supposed to be served warm. Brushing them with oil and sprinkling with cinnamon-sugar will help them get a little crispy.

We had our new recipe meeting today and they were soooo good.

You should be able to find the wonton wrappers anywhere. My grocery store has three options, small squares, small rounds and large squares. And I am not is a heavy asian population. They are always in the refrigerated section in the produce department.

Related to Making Tropical Wontons for the Cluster Meeting: Tips & Experiences

1. What ingredients do I need to make tropical wontons?

To make tropical wontons, you will need wonton wrappers, diced pineapple, diced mango, cream cheese, shredded coconut, and sweet chili sauce.

2. Can I make the wontons ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the wontons ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before frying them.

3. How do I fold the wontons?

To fold the wontons, place a spoonful of the filling in the center of the wonton wrapper. Dip your finger in water and run it along the edges of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper in half to form a triangle and press the edges together firmly to seal. Then, bring the two bottom corners of the triangle together and seal with a dab of water.

4. Can I bake the wontons instead of frying them?

Yes, you can bake the wontons in a preheated oven at 375°F for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.

5. What can I serve with the tropical wontons?

You can serve the wontons with a dipping sauce of sweet chili sauce mixed with a little soy sauce and lime juice. You can also serve them with a side of steamed rice and a tropical fruit salad for a complete meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • MrsCaleb
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefBeckyD