• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making the Right Decision for Friends: A Host's Dilemma

In summary, the guest that booked the show has changed her mind and wants to book it for early June, which is great for the hosts sales.
donnathepamperedchef
I had a show Tuesday night; sales were great and one booking for July. The guest that booked has now changed her mind and wants early June, which is great for me, but she ordered all three CSB which are almost $70 and are the HS for June at under $30. There is no way I can't say to her, hang on, you can get these in June, but I can't take away from the hosts sales. They are good friends so I am sure she will understand when I suggest she pick something else, right??? :eek:

I would just be honest with her:

"I'm so excited about your show. I wanted to let you know about the Host Special. In June, you get to pick from five different items at 60% off: The BBQ Grill Tray, The Outdoor Party Sticks, The BBQ Grill Basket, The new Cool & Serve Square Tray, or the Collapsible Bowls. Now, it wouldn't be fair of me to not let you know you can get the bowls for less at your show, but I also want to tell you that if you choose to wait for them, it will affect your friend's Guest Sales, and the amount she'll earn at her show."

Then leave it up to her.

thanks Noora, sounds perfect. :D

Or maybe she knows this, but she wants the grill tray or the new Cool & Serve as her host bonus in June?

not sure Becky if she was paying attention when I talked specials for upcoming months, but I did email to her both host and guest after she asked for the June show, so she most likely knows now. Haven't been able to talk with her yet, time will tell

Ok folks, all is well, quote "no just leave it, I'll buy more stuff at my party". Gotta love it, feel much better now :chef:

And she appreciates you for looking out for her best interests. You've just solidified your relationship. Hers should be a good show!

Hi there! First of all, congratulations on a successful show with great sales and a new booking for July. I can understand your dilemma about the guest changing her mind and wanting to order the CSB for the June host special. It can be tough to balance being a consultant and also being a good friend to your host.In this situation, I would suggest having an open and honest conversation with your friend. Explain to her that while you would love to accommodate her request, you also want to be fair to the host who has already placed her order. Let her know that you value her as a customer and want to make sure she gets the best deal possible. Perhaps you can offer her a discount on a different product that is similar to the CSB or suggest she wait until the June host special becomes available for everyone.I believe that as long as you communicate clearly and respectfully, your friend will understand and appreciate your honesty. It's important to remember that as a consultant, your main goal is to provide excellent customer service and maintain positive relationships with both your hosts and guests. I wish you the best of luck in finding a solution that works for everyone involved. Keep up the great work!

Related to Making the Right Decision for Friends: A Host's Dilemma

1. How do I choose the right host for my party?

First, consider the size and location of your party. If you are hosting a small gathering at your home, choose a friend who lives nearby and has enough space to accommodate your guests. If you are hosting a larger party, consider a friend who has experience hosting events and is comfortable with a larger crowd. You should also consider your friend's availability and willingness to help with preparations and clean-up.

2. Should I choose a friend who has hosted a party for me in the past?

While it may seem convenient to choose a friend who has hosted a party for you in the past, it is important to consider giving other friends the opportunity to host as well. This will prevent any feelings of favoritism and allow for a fresh and unique party experience for your guests.

3. How do I handle a friend who is upset about not being chosen as the host?

Be honest and compassionate when communicating your decision with your friend. Let them know that you value their friendship and appreciate their interest in hosting, but that you have chosen someone else for this particular party. Offer to include them in the planning process or consider choosing them for a future party.

4. What should I do if I don't have any friends who are willing or able to host?

If you are unable to find a friend to host your party, consider hosting it yourself or reaching out to a family member or acquaintance who may be interested. You can also reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant who can help you plan and host a successful party.

5. Is it appropriate to ask a friend to co-host the party with me?

If you are unsure about hosting the party on your own, it is perfectly acceptable to ask a friend to co-host with you. This can also be a great opportunity to involve multiple friends and create a fun and collaborative party planning experience. Just be sure to communicate clearly and fairly divide responsibilities between both hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sillylittlechef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
krzymomof4
  • Intrepid_Chef