• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Difficult Neighbor: Seeking Advice for a Tricky Situation

In summary, the conversation is about a person's old neighbor who attended a Pampered Chef party but did not order anything and complained about her financial situation. The neighbor is now redoing her house and has asked the person to get her a discount at their workplace for items for her house. The group agrees that giving a discount would put the person in a bad situation with their employer and is not worth it. They also share similar experiences of being taken advantage of by others in the past. The consensus is to not give a discount and to only offer it if the person hosts a party.
DCOX3
Okay I am at a dilemma, I have an old neighbor that came to PC party I did for another friend of mine...she didn't order anything and complained about money situation. Well, I got a call last night and she is redoing her house..(guess she must have just won the lottery)...and wants me to get her a discount from where I work on stuff for her house..:mad: .I was amazed she would even ask....welll, I have been thinking about it, and here is what I have come up with...either tell her I will get her a discount if she holds and submits a party or to heck with it and just say No, I can't do it.

Just don't understand the gall of people!!

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

personally I think this is a no brainer.............No discount

And not because she didn't order but because that puts you in a bad situation with your employer

I agree.. no discount. It can get you in trouble where you work and also make others think that you will be able to get them a discount.

cwinter474 said:
No discount

And not because she didn't order but because that puts you in a bad situation with your employer

Agreed.

Don't even mention Pampered Chef. . .unless she says she's redoing her kitchen. Then tell her you'd love to help her show off the finished project with a cooking show. :rolleyes:

I don't hink I was so upset about not ordering because I don't expect everyone to order, but the way she handled it..

It was such a slap in the face from a supposedly good friend. Don't need any problems down the road with my employer if she has a problem later with the product!! Not worth it... (NO DISCOUNT) Believe me, others have ask!

Wow, was my old neighbor, "friend" at your party?? When she lived accross the street from me she always borrowed PC stuff, and I had to go get it from her because she never returned it on her own! Ran into her the other day at the store and she says "I need a new food chopper" and I told her it would be around $35, " no discount?" she asks. You're no longer a past host,only hosts and past hosts get discounts, do you want to do a party? End of conversation. She didn't want to "earn" her discount. There are what I call "users" out there in the world, and some of us have a bulls-eye painted on our forheads, and those people can spot us a hundred yards away!! What I have learned, is if I say no, they will keep looking for someone else to say yes! And I'm not just talking about PC, when I look back over the years at my "friends", I get mad at myself for how I let them take advantage of me, but that is how I was raised, to be nice and polite and help others when I could. My point is, Hosts earn that discount we give them!!!! Sure maybe you could give her a discount where you work, but in the long run, I'll bet she gets a lot more out of the transaction than you do!!!! And then she'll be on to the next person who can give her a discount somewhere else!

I agree, no discount. Employee discounts are for that...employees, not for people to mooch off of you. If she wants a discount, she can get a job there. ;)

pjpamchef said:
Wow, was my old neighbor, "friend" at your party?? When she lived accross the street from me she always borrowed PC stuff, and I had to go get it from her because she never returned it on her own! Ran into her the other day at the store and she says "I need a new food chopper" and I told her it would be around $35, " no discount?" she asks. You're no longer a past host,only hosts and past hosts get discounts, do you want to do a party? End of conversation. She didn't want to "earn" her discount. There are what I call "users" out there in the world, and some of us have a bulls-eye painted on our forheads, and those people can spot us a hundred yards away!! What I have learned, is if I say no, they will keep looking for someone else to say yes! And I'm not just talking about PC, when I look back over the years at my "friends", I get mad at myself for how I let them take advantage of me, but that is how I was raised, to be nice and polite and help others when I could. My point is, Hosts earn that discount we give them!!!! Sure maybe you could give her a discount where you work, but in the long run, I'll bet she gets a lot more out of the transaction than you do!!!! And then she'll be on to the next person who can give her a discount somewhere else!

I would have said, "Sure, sign up to be a consultant too and you can get a great discount."

Thanks for all the advice...I am going with the No Discount...yes she can get a job here and get her own discount!! AMEN!

Trying to be a nice person is difficult sometimes, until you feel you are being taken advantage of! I had tried to get her to book a prty off of the show she attended, but heard the money story again!

DCOX3 said:
Thanks for all the advice...I am going with the No Discount...yes she can get a job here and get her own discount!! AMEN!

Trying to be a nice person is difficult sometimes, until you feel you are being taken advantage of! I had tried to get her to book a prty off of the show she attended, but heard the money story again!

Doesnt she know she gets FREE products? LOL Sheesh---she sounds like she would use ANY excuse...OH WELL HER LOSS :p

Good for you for standing up for yourself and not letting her take advantage of you. Anyone who asks for a discount when none was offered is just looking for the cheap way out. Now if she was trading services, that is one thing, but she just wants you to help her without anything in return.

cwinter474 said:
personally I think this is a no brainer.............No discount

I second that! Personally, I wouldn't want to mix the two - PC and your other job!!

That's my 2 cents!

whats your other job? I might want to redo my house and need a discount!!

Nice, Teresa! I just about choked on my apple with that one!:D

You had to know her, (or maybe you're lucky you don't). She is a nurse with a Master's and is just a little bit better than the rest of us

Teresa, you crack me up!

pjpamchef said:
You had to know her, (or maybe you're lucky you don't). She is a nurse with a Master's and is just a little bit better than the rest of us

Who, the guest or Teresa??? :confused:

Teresa!

Of course the guest too, she is out of her mind for even asking for a discount!

Let her know you can get her a great discount on Pampered Chef stuff, but not from you job. Your other job doesn't offer additional discounts to customers.

PC discount by hosting of course.

1. How do I choose the right kitchen tool for my needs?

Choosing the right kitchen tool depends on what you will be using it for. Consider the type of food you will be preparing, the frequency of use, and your personal preferences. Pampered Chef offers a variety of high-quality kitchen tools for every cooking need.

2. How can I get the most out of my Pampered Chef products?

To get the most out of your Pampered Chef products, make sure to read the instructions and follow the recommended care and use guidelines. Our products are designed to make cooking easier and more efficient, so be sure to utilize their unique features and functionalities.

3. Can I use Pampered Chef products in the dishwasher?

Most of our products are dishwasher safe, but it's always best to check the individual product's care instructions. For products that are not dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing with warm, soapy water for best results.

4. How do I host a Pampered Chef party?

To host a Pampered Chef party, simply reach out to your local consultant or visit our website to find a consultant near you. They will guide you through the process of setting up a party, choosing the menu, and inviting your guests. As a host, you can earn free products and exclusive discounts!

5. What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

We want you to be completely satisfied with your Pampered Chef products. If for any reason you are not, you can return the product within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. Please note, personalized and clearance items are not eligible for return.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 3girls
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • adnoel
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
adnoel
  • kcmckay