• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making the Most of Your Home Made Pumpkin Butter

In summary, Stonewall Kitchen's Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake is a delicious dessert that is perfect for a special occasion.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I bought some home made pumpkin butter today. I love pumpkin, so... now what?

Hmmm, I used to get Apple butter all the time when I was a kid from a neighbor, I really missed her when she moved she was an older lady who used to make it all the time, I wish I had some now, I haven't had any homemade since, whine whine whine.

I would have some on toast, don't know about a pb& pumpkin butter sandwich though, would probably be very good with cinnamon bread or something.

That sounds really good. What do you put it on, bread or something?

Oh, duh, I didn't put down, fresh biscuits, the best for apple butter I would think it would be great for pumpkin butter also. OH, I want some Apple Butter!!! I am gonna have to find some little old lady again who can make me some apple butter, lmbo. I think that the Pumpkin butter would be pretty good also, have some for me Anne.

Biscuits and English Muffins is what I like the pumpkin or apple butters on...also good on banana bread.

Great on pumpkin bread!

From Stonewall Kitchen's website
"This decadently rich fruit butter is the perfect topping for your favorite ice cream, cake or pastry. For a sumptuous breakfast treat, spoon atop pancakes, waffles or french toast. Create an elegant dessert by filling a pastry shell and top with whipped cream and nuts."Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake
INGREDIENTS: * 1/2 cup chopped pecans
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons butter, softened
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 3/4 cup pumpkin butter
* 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crustDIRECTIONS: 1. Combine pecans and 1/4 cup brown sugar; cut in butter or margarine with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
2. Beat cream cheese at high speed of an electric mixer until smooth. Add 1/3 cup brown sugar; beat well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in Pumpkin Butter . Pour mixture into crust.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes.
4. Sprinkle pecan mixture over pie. Bake for 5 additional minutes, or until butter or margarine and sugar melt. Cool on a wire rack. Cover, and chill for at least 4 hours.

Apple/Pumpkin Butter....I love apple and pumpkin butter! Around here all the churches do apple butter as fundraisers and sell the jars locally. If you can't find it nearby, check out this link for Windy Hill Orchard: http://windyhillorchard.com

I live about 30 minutes or so away from them and it's a really neat place to visit. I've never ordered anything online from them, since I just stop by and pick my stuff up, but what I've gotten there has always been good. Their apple cider donuts are FANTASTIC, although again, I always get them there instead of ordering and having them shipped.

Happy buttering! :D

Related to Making the Most of Your Home Made Pumpkin Butter

1. How do I store homemade pumpkin butter?

Homemade pumpkin butter can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. You can also freeze it for longer storage, up to six months.

2. Can I use fresh pumpkin for pumpkin butter?

Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin for pumpkin butter. Simply roast the pumpkin until it is soft, puree it, and then follow your chosen pumpkin butter recipe.

3. Can I use pumpkin butter in savory dishes?

Absolutely! Pumpkin butter can be used in a variety of savory dishes, such as marinades, sauces, and dressings. It adds a unique sweet and savory flavor to any dish.

4. How can I make pumpkin butter without added sugar?

You can make pumpkin butter without added sugar by using natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar. You can also adjust the amount of sugar called for in the recipe to suit your taste.

5. Can I can homemade pumpkin butter for long-term storage?

Yes, you can can homemade pumpkin butter for long-term storage. Follow proper canning methods and make sure to use a tested recipe to ensure the safety of your canned pumpkin butter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Poll
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom