• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Dip Can I Make with Pampered Chef Pantry Items for an Express Show?

In summary, the expert said that they have an express show coming up, that they're doing a microwave cake to save time, and that they don't have the ingredients for the Southwest Dip so they suggest the pizza dip recipe. They also suggest a simple salsa.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I have an "express" show coming up ... I'm doing a microwave cake to save time.

I was thinking of serving some kind of chips and dip and was toying with the idea of a dip that uses the spices I have.

Problem is, only PC pantry items I have are the greek rub, southwest seasoning and smoky barbeque.

PLEASE don't tell me Greek Cheese Torta ... it looks gross to me and I'm trying to do this inexpensively since I'm buying the groceries and having the host pay me back ...

Do the pizza dip recipe! We loved it!

Recipe, please!

Doesn't have your spices ... but here's the pizza dip ...

Hot Pizza Dip

1 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 8 oz. can pizza sauce
2 tablespoons green pepper chopped
2 tablespoons green onions sliced

Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine cream cheese and Italian seasonings , spread onto a 8" mini-baker.

In a small bowl, combine mozzarella and parmesan. Sprinkle 1/2 on top of the cream cheese. Spread pizza sauce over the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with bell pepper and green onions.

Bake for 15-18 minutes. Serve with French bread or fresh vegetable dippers.

Do the southwest dip with cream cheese & sour cream (I think the exacts are on the bottle). Serve with tortilla chips or triscuits or veggies.

I'll check the bottle but that sounds great ... I am actually looking for something that doesn't use the oven and that I can prepare in advance.

I think the southwest tastes better if it sits a while, so you could def. make it in advance.

If you make the pizza dip, you can do it in the microwave. Just zap it until it's warm through. Same with the Touchdown Taco Dip.

How about a simple salsa? I use the salad chopper and let the guests make it while I'm making something else. Stir in the southwest seasoning when you're done chopping.

Hot Broccoli Dip is always a fav. for me and my guests - you can do it in the micro OR oven.........

I like the Southwest Seasoning dip with just the sour cream. Let it sit for a few hours in the fridge so the flavors can meld. It's great with red bell peppers and carrots. My guests always comment on the great flavor ~ it has a nice bite to it, but not too hot and not too wimpy. :)

Hey, here is a dip base I use all the time and it can be made in advance with a huge variety of flavors. That means you can just add a tsp or two of the rub to the dip base and it works! Oh, the water and tofu variation was for a client who couldn't have any milk and it still tasted really good! Good luck!

Light and Creamy Dip base:
1 1/2 cup low fat sourcream (or puree of soft tofu)
3/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/3 cup fat free milk or water
1T juice of fresh lemon
salt and ground pepper

Stir all ingredients and add flavor variations as desired: 3T of this dip 4g fat, 3carb,50cal, 2g protein (tofu will be much lower fat).

Flavor variations:
Sundried tomato and basil: add 1/2 cup fine chopped sundried tomatoes and 2T minced fresh basil leaves.
Chipotle Cilantro: Use lime juice instead of lemon, add 2T minced chipolte pepper puls 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
Tapenade Dip: Add 1/4 cup minced kalamata olives, 1 pressed garlic clove, 1T fresh minced parsely leaves 1 tsp lemon zest.
Lemon-caper dip: Add 1tsp lemon zest, 1/4 cup minced capers and 2T minced chives. (especially good with shirmp and seafood)
Pesto Dip: Add 1/4 cup minced fresh basil, 1 pressed garlic clove, and 1/4 cup lowfat parmesan cheese.
Blue cheese, scallion and black pepper: add 2T crumbled blue cheese, 2 thinly sliced scallions, and 2tsp freshly cracked pepper (this is also good added with 1tsp orange zest).

This one isn't a PC recipe, but it's really, really good!!!

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can Rotel
1 package of dry ranch salad dressing mix
1/2 - 3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Blend everything together in your blender (chunky or smooth, however you like it) and the amount of cheddar cheese depends again on the consistency you want. Serve with veggies or tortilla chips.

Oh, and the Greek Cheese Torta is AMAZING!!!! My husband didn't want to try it, said it looked gross and he doesn't like spinach, but I finally convinced him, and he really liked it! Everyone that had at my open house fell in love with it too.

Duh!!
myinnerchef said:
How about a simple salsa? I use the salad chopper and let the guests make it while I'm making something else. Stir in the southwest seasoning when you're done chopping.
I feel so stupid because I have never thought of this! :rolleyes:
Thanks for the kick in the hind end of my creativity!

c00p said:
This one isn't a PC recipe, but it's really, really good!!!

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can Rotel
1 package of dry ranch salad dressing mix
1/2 - 3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Blend everything together in your blender (chunky or smooth, however you like it) and the amount of cheddar cheese depends again on the consistency you want. Serve with veggies or tortilla chips.

Oh, and the Greek Cheese Torta is AMAZING!!!! My husband didn't want to try it, said it looked gross and he doesn't like spinach, but I finally convinced him, and he really liked it! Everyone that had at my open house fell in love with it too.

We love the greek torta also. Andrea... is this dip served cold or do you nuke it?

Only thing about the Salsa is a) I've done a show with this group and they are not exactly interactive and b) I am trying to make this show SHORT, so I am only going to demo ONE recipie.

Besides, I don't have the salad choppers and neither does my host!

The 3-cheese walnut spread is soooo yummy! I serve it with those oblong Multi-grain crackers (yummy)!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Only thing about the Salsa is a) I've done a show with this group and they are not exactly interactive and b) I am trying to make this show SHORT, so I am only going to demo ONE recipie.

Besides, I don't have the salad choppers and neither does my host!
I know you don't have the salad choppers but for those that do...

Even a group that is totally not interested in interactive will help with the salsa - just pass the bowl (I use the SS bowl) to the left (or right) and tell them to each do a few chops and pass it on. They actually love it. I have sold a lot of those choppers and SS bowls because of that. The fruit salsa is the favorite for this.

BethCooks4U said:
I know you don't have the salad choppers but for those that do...

Even a group that is totally not interested in interactive will help with the salsa - just pass the bowl (I use the SS bowl) to the left (or right) and tell them to each do a few chops and pass it on. They actually love it. I have sold a lot of those choppers and SS bowls because of that. The fruit salsa is the favorite for this.

This is so true! I was doing this for salsa way before PC started the push for interactive shows! People can sit in their seats and pass around the choppers and a bowl - I've never had anyone complain, and even had a 89 yr old lady book a show from a show where I did this!

Have you noticed any tarnishing in your SS bowls from the tomatoes? I thought the acidity would interact with the bowl.

Chef Kearns said:
Have you noticed any tarnishing in your SS bowls from the tomatoes? I thought the acidity would interact with the bowl.

I haven't had any - but I don't leave it or store it in the bowl. Once it's passed around, I pour it into an SA bowl to serve.

ChefBeckyD said:
I haven't had any - but I don't leave it or store it in the bowl. Once it's passed around, I pour it into an SA bowl to serve.
Same here.

1. How can I make a dip quickly using Pampered Chef pantry items?

The best way to make a quick dip is to use our time-saving hacks for an "Express" show. This includes using our pre-made seasoning mixes and dips such as our Spinach & Herb Mix or Creamy Ranch Dip Mix. Simply mix with some sour cream or Greek yogurt and your dip will be ready in minutes!

2. Can I use any Pampered Chef pantry items to make a dip?

Yes, you can use a variety of our pantry items to make a delicious dip. Our sauces, seasonings, and mixes are all great options for creating unique and flavorful dips. You can also mix and match different items to create your own custom dip.

3. Are there any dairy-free options for making a dip with Pampered Chef pantry items?

Yes, we offer a variety of dairy-free options for our pantry items. Our Garlic & Herb Mix and Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce are both dairy-free and can be used to make tasty dips. Additionally, you can substitute sour cream or yogurt with dairy-free alternatives like coconut yogurt or cashew cream.

4. Do you have any tips for making a dip with Pampered Chef pantry items for a large group?

One tip is to use our Quick-Stir® Pitcher to mix and serve the dip. This can save time and make it easier to serve a large group. You can also make the dip ahead of time and keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. To add some variety, consider making multiple dips using different pantry items.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef pantry items to make a dip for a specific dietary restriction?

Yes, we offer a variety of pantry items that cater to different dietary restrictions. For example, our Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix can be used to make a delicious pizza dip for those who are gluten-free. Our Creamy Garlic Chili Sauce is also vegan and can be used to make a dairy-free dip. Simply check the ingredients and allergen information on our products to find items that fit your dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MarciMac
  • sillylittlechef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Kelly8