• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Cherry Cheese Ring: Need Help Understanding Directions

In summary, the conversation is about making a cherry cheese ring for the first time and not understanding the instructions for the crescent rolls. After looking for help on Youtube, someone suggests using the "All the Best" cookbook for instructions and pictures. Another person explains how they make a ring using the crescent rolls and offers tips for even placement. Someone else shares a picture of the cherry cheese ring from the Classics cookbook and explains that the last four pieces of dough should be cut into strips and placed on top of the finished product. It is also mentioned that the cherry cheese ring is different from other rings because the toppings are on top of the crust, not enclosed.
Jessamary
I'm making the cherry cheese ring for the first time (first time making any ring, actually), and I don't understand the directions for the crescent rolls. I went on to Youtube and found a video of someone making a taco ring, so I put my rolls like that, but it's not how it says in the cherry cheese ring.

Anyone have a picture or can explain it to me like I'm a caveman?

do you have the "All the Best" cookbook? It shows how to make all the different rings/braids, etc....

I got this file from the files section. It is the page from the All the Best Cookbook that shows how to make a ring and braid with pictures. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• Braid_Pictures.doc
    240 KB · Views: 352
When I make a ring, I put the cresent rolls on the large round stone and make it look like a sun, slightly overlapping the rolls and the points drapping over the side of the stone - then put the "stuffing" in with the scoop and take each point and pull it over the stuffing and tuck it under. Does that help?

It was probably Ann who gave this advice about rings in another thread, and I just LOVE this tidbit to use...put one triangle of the crescent rolls at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions so that you have even starting points...that way when you add the rest of the pieces it's all pretty even.

Thanks! The only thing is, in the cherry cheese ring (found on here in the files section) it has weird instructions about the last remaining 4 pieces. Any thoughts?

But thanks for the pictures, that's how I made it...and it was YUMMY!

There is a picture of the Cherry Cheese Ring in the Classics (I think) cookbook. It is an older cookbook. If no one posts a pic by tonight, I can scan it when I get home.

You could probably use the picture of the Peach Cheese Coffee Cake in All The Best (off the top of my head, I think it is the same as the Cherry - just using differnt pie filling).

The Cherry Cheese Coffee cake really isn't a ring like the other rings, so the pics of the traditional ring won't match up with the directions.

Thanks Lynda, that was SO helpful!! I was having trouble picturing them but now I really get it.

I've never attached a photo before but I found this one in the Classics Cookbook - just like someone had said. Hope I do this right. I think basically you cut those last four crescent rolls into strips and lay them across the finished product before baking.

Hope that helps,
Sharon

Attachments

• cherry cheese coffee cake.jpg
    cherry cheese coffee cake.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 336
The cherry cheese one is different, because it's like a pizza - the toppings are on top of the crust, not enclosed. It should look like a big flat donut. Then the toppings go on. And the last couple of triangles of dough should be cut to make several long, really skinny triangles. Those go on top of the toppings, as decoration. They'll end up looking like spokes on a wheel.

1. What ingredients do I need to make a cherry cheese ring?

To make a cherry cheese ring, you will need:

• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 can (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • Additional maraschino cherries and pecans for garnish (optional)

2. How do I soften cream cheese for the cherry cheese ring?

To soften cream cheese, you can leave it out at room temperature for about 30 minutes before using. If you need it softened more quickly, you can place the unwrapped cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it for 15-20 seconds on medium power.

3. How do I chop the maraschino cherries and pecans for the cherry cheese ring?

To chop the maraschino cherries, drain them well and pat them dry with paper towels. Then, using a sharp knife, chop them into small pieces. For the pecans, place them in a resealable plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet.

4. How do I assemble the cherry cheese ring?

First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, almond extract, chopped cherries, and chopped pecans until well combined. Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate into triangles. Arrange the triangles in a circle on a large baking sheet, with the pointed ends facing out and the wide ends overlapping. Press the edges together to seal. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Fold the pointed ends of the triangles over the filling, tucking them under the dough to form a ring. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the crescent dough is golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.

5. What is the glaze for the cherry cheese ring and how do I make it?

The glaze for the cherry cheese ring is a simple mixture of powdered sugar and milk. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cherry cheese ring. For extra garnish, you can top the ring with additional chopped cherries and pecans. Serve and enjoy!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smspamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • heatherstobbs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • Terrygyrl