• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Crescent Roll Rings: My Troubles and Tips

In summary, the crescent rolls are difficult to use and the rings come out flat. The wreath is easier to make.
PamperedK
Silver Member
Do you all use 16 crescent rolls when making rings? I've had a lot of trouble with these things...today I made one and the filling was HUGE. There was so much I figured surely the ring would look OK.

First of all, there was a spot where the rolls overlapped so much, I took one off, it would have been basically ontop of another one.

Secondly, when it baked, ti came out completely flat...I don't think it looked very good.

The rolls are spaced evenly, but I can never get them to cover the filling properly. There's always one side with a lot of filling showing and one side with the rolls overlapping. I'm not sure how this keeps happening.

Are wreaths easier to make?

I use all and never had a problem - I overlapped them by about 1/2" all the way around the ring. You do have to "cut" the ring when done because it is that - a ring - not 16 independent sandwiches.

Flat? Haven't had that happen to me...maybe the crescent rolls were out of date?

Here's what I do....I lay the first package of rolls out first, all the way around the stone. If you think of it like a circle--4 rolls on the top half, 4 rolls on the bottom half. Then I open the second package and add those in between the 8 already on the stone.

Works perfectly and they are evenly spaced for the most part.

It's okay if some filling is covered and some is not. It's supposed to peek out.

That's a good way to describe it Deb - I was trying to think of how to do that but couldn't describe it.

I was doing it as a clock:1 roll at each of 12, 3, 6, 9Then I put 4 rolls in-between each (12 & 3, 3 & 6, 6 & 9 and 9 & 12)
Then the last 8 in between every space.By flat, I mean it flattens out so the filling isn't in round balls anymore, it's flatter, sandwich type things.I'm terrible at these things! Actually, I've had people tell me how nice they look, so maybe I'm just being too picky?I'm going to be making another one later this week to practice, so I'll take a picture then.

Sounds like you are doing it right. The filling DOES flatten out as it cooks. When it is done, you can't tell where you have scooped the filling. Some of mine come out "prettier" than others....but that's OK! I am sure you are way more critical about how it looks than your customers are!;) ;)

Have no fear....it took me a couple of practices to get it to look halfway decent. I did it for a show and was a bit too fast because i had a problem with the rolls coming to room tempertautr so quickly in a hot house. BUt it turned out fine and it was a hit! Just keep practicing them and soon they will come naturally.

You're right...and I'm doing a ring demo with my director this week, so she can help me out if i'm doing something wrong.

be sure to use a medium scoop for the filling - if you just eyeball it, it will end up with one side huge and the other skimpy.

I evenly space the first can to go around half the stone, then open the second can & evenly space the rolls to go around the other half of the stone & it's fine every time.

scottcooks said:
be sure to use a medium scoop for the filling - if you just eyeball it, it will end up with one side huge and the other skimpy.

I don't have a scoop yet, but I just hosted my own show so that's the first thing that I'm getting for free!

Are you using the large or medium scoop? I always use the large scoop and I generally have more filling than called for because I like to add extra cheese and other ingredients that appeal to me. I always try to get a good tight wrap around the filling also.

Remember looking good is nice, but the guests are really going to remeber show much fun and easy it was to make, and how great it tastes!

1. How do I prevent my crescent roll ring from unraveling while baking?

To prevent your crescent roll ring from unraveling while baking, make sure to press the perforated seams of the crescent roll dough together firmly. You can also lightly brush the seams with water before pressing them together to help them stick.

2. How do I ensure that my crescent roll ring is evenly browned?

To ensure even browning, make sure to brush the entire surface of the crescent roll dough with an egg wash before baking. This will create a golden, shiny crust.

3. Can I use different fillings for my crescent roll ring?

Yes, you can definitely experiment with different fillings for your crescent roll ring. Some popular options include ham and cheese, spinach and feta, and chicken and broccoli. Just make sure the filling is cooked before adding it to the crescent roll dough.

4. How do I prevent my crescent roll ring from sticking to the baking sheet?

To prevent sticking, make sure to grease your baking sheet with cooking spray or butter before placing the crescent roll ring on it. You can also use parchment paper for easy removal.

5. Can I make the crescent roll ring ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the crescent roll ring ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it. Just make sure to let it sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before baking to ensure even cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heatherstobbs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • Mindy50135
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Mindy50135
  • pamperedangie